Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuff You Should Know
Does anyone else listen to this podcast. I started listening to it about 2 months ago on iHeart Radio. It's the only thing that will replace Sirius NFL when I'm traveling.

Recently listen to one about TV Show conspiracies. The theory on Gilligan's Island was incredible and will have me watching reruns.

The castaways died, represent the 7 deadly sins, and the Island is Hell

Skipper: Wrath/Gluttony
Ginger: Lust
Mary Ann: Envy
Mr Howell: Greed
Ms Howell: Sloth
Professor: Pride

Gilligan is satan
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 02:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Does anyone else listen to this podcast. I started listening to it about 2 months ago on iHeart Radio. It's the only thing that will replace Sirius NFL when I'm traveling.

Recently listen to one about TV Show conspiracies. The theory on Gilligan's Island was incredible and will have me watching reruns.

Gilligan is satan

Whether its true or not, I do rather enjoy it when I get to rewatch a show or movie from a completely different perspective.  Shutter Island is a good example of that.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 02:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Does anyone else listen to this podcast. I started listening to it about 2 months ago on iHeart Radio. It's the only thing that will replace Sirius NFL when I'm traveling.

Gilligan is satan

There is irony in the first season (black & white) that was dropped thereafter. Perhaps the viewing public didn’t get it.

The scene that really drove this home is one where they are all sitting around the campfire discussing why they DON’T want to be rescued. I don’t remember all the reasons, but here are the ones I do:
Millionaires are in tax trouble 
Actress’ career is so far gone she just wants to disappear 
The Scientist has gone something really dark, so bad he won’t say it out loud, and is hiding out

The others, except Gilligan, all have reasons to stay. Gilligan is the one who wants to go home, but they always make him the scapegoat for the failures. The one that sticks out in my mind is the “glue” the professor invents the put the boat back together. It ultimately doesn’t work, in fact it does the opposite and destroys the boat, yet Gilligan is blamed for the setback because he was the one enlisted to apply the glue. Deliberate sabotage on the part of ghe professor?

Makes me want to watch that first season, and I have wanted to for quite some time, but just haven’t gotten around to it yet.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote