Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid Things Marvin Says Thread
(04-29-2018, 10:24 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Acting like an adult is talking about actual football issues instead of just tossing around homophobic slurs.

Sorry you missed my point.

Limp-wristed is a descriptive term for 'weak'. If you don't like that, you can choose another. Milquetoast, ineffectual, etc. 

You are the one that jumped to the conclusion it had anything to do with sexuality. That's 2 strawman posts in a row for you. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 10:43 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Fans don't repeat that. 

Fans do repeat it all the time.

And it is funny because Marvin never said that.

I can post multiple examples of the bengals coachea and players talking about in game adjustments, but a lot of fans are too stupid to understand the context of mjarvins commentrs so instead they satnd by the ridiculous claim that "Marvin doesn't make halftime adjustments".
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 10:26 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: How many new Oline coaches with a solid track record have we had in the recent past again? Pollack has already started to transform the Oline and that effort has been spearheaded by Marvin. If not for Marvin, mike brown would have NEVER canned his long time buddy,  piano man.

Not only that, looking back, winning 7 games with that Oline was nothing short of a miracle. But some people can’t see the forest for the trees.

Firing PA and hiring Pollack is a huge step in the right direction. One that i was very happy about. Trading for Glenn was another. It should never be assumed that because i'm not on board and on the positive train, that i'm across-the-board negative. I'm just realistic and in the mode of 'i'll believe it when i see it'. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 10:37 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote:  It's just a bit mystifying that so many people fall into the same trap every damn time.

What is mystifying is that you do not remember all the times the haters swore we would stink and never make the playoiffs and then we did.

The haters have been proven wrong many times.  Funny how they refuse to acknowledge that.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 10:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Fans do repeat it all the time.

And it is funny because Marvin never said that.

I can post multiple examples of the bengals coachea and players talking about in game adjustments, but a lot of fans are too stupid to understand the context of mjarvins commentrs so instead they satnd by the ridiculous claim that "Marvin doesn't make halftime adjustments".

The context of his remark is that teams don't just wait until halftime to adjust to what the opponent is doing and that mentality of adjusting at halftime and it being what gives a team a win is journalistic jargon. Most fans understand that adjustments are made all game long. 

Their belief that he doesn't make halftime adjustments is based on the track record of how the team seems to shut down in the 2nd half over the last few years and, probably moreso, the lack of players talking about what they adjusted at the half, like you see with other games. 

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 10:50 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What is mystifying is that you do not remember all the times the haters swore we would stink and never make the playoiffs and then we did.

The haters have been proven wrong many times.  Funny how they refuse to acknowledge that.

Two strawman arguments and now this. You're way off your game today. Or am i giving you too much credit for even having game?  Ninja

Reply/Quote
Ha. I just said basically the same thing the other day in response to those suggesting that "maybe these are the guys Pollack wants".

I said maybe the Bengals feel they can't fix the entire line in one offseason. Maybe other coaches want resources invested in their position groups.

Then Marv comes out and says this? I swear I don't have a crystal ball. Hilarious
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The day after the draft, which should be one of the most optimistic days of the season, and somebody starts a negative thread.

SMH
Reply/Quote
I’m more astonished by his claim that they passed on tackles because “you can’t just create an OT”. Isn’t that exactly what coaches are supposed to do? Take potential and create a finished product.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 03:51 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’m more astonished by his claim that they passed on tackles because “you can’t just create an OT”. Isn’t that exactly what coaches are supposed to do? Take potential and create a finished product.

That's not what he meant by that.

He meant that they weren't going to create draft value in a player that isn't good enough just because there's a position need. Like, if the OT's on the board are garbage and not suited for the NFL they aren't going to invent reasons to just take one.

The Tackles in this year's draft were trash. McLinchy in any other draft would have been a friend 1st rounder. The Miller kid a 2nd at best. After that, the cliff is huge in talent. They were all very bad after about the 3rd tackle off the board. Why waste a pick when they can sign a UDFA as a body and get the same quality player?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 03:27 PM)Beaker Wrote: The day after the draft, which should be one of the most optimistic days of the season, and somebody starts a negative thread.

SMH

By all means, be as optimistic as you'd like.

I am just reminding people that at the end of the day, Marvin is still the HC.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 03:58 PM)PDub80 Wrote: That's not what he meant by that.

He meant that they weren't going to create draft value in a player that isn't good enough just because there's a position need. Like, if the OT's on the board are garbage and not suited for the NFL they aren't going to invent reasons to just take one.

The Tackles in this year's draft were trash. McLinchy in any other draft would have been a friend 1st rounder. The Miller kid a 2nd at best. After that, the cliff is huge in talent. They were all very bad after about the 3rd tackle off the board. Why waste a pick when they can sign a UDFA as a body and get the same quality player?

I keep hearing this, but 8 tackles went in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Are we to believe Marvin is smarter than the Steelers, Ravens, Raiders, Cowboys, Vikings, Redskins, Rams, and Bucs? Did 1/4th of the entire league just reach on garbage tackles?

Plus, couldn't we also use competition at RG at the very least?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 02:10 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not sure how this hasn't long since been a thing. I'll start us off...

Marvin on why they only added 1 OL worth a damn in the draft:

- - - - - - - - -
Of course, Marvin on halftime adjustments needs to go in the Marv HoF:

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Lewis-convenes-another-season/4878c63d-aac0-498f-a935-295aa5907659

Didn't he say that last year too? That being said, I'm not upset by what they did for the O line at all. They got rid of Alexander, which was huge, let Bodine go, which was huge, and then got two starting tackles out of a number 12 pick. EDIT: (Sorry a Tackle and a Center).
Reply/Quote
Let's put 2 and 2 together. How many chances have they gave ced o. Now I just believe they changed their mind after mcglinchey was taken and don't want to part ways with ced,especially if they are paying him. Plus Marvin probably likes the guy and don't want him to become unemployed cause you know he probably would vanish out of the NFL very quickly. Or maybe they would of never cut ced and maybe someone else like Hart.

But...the good news this year is we got better at center and tackle ( knock on wood he stays healthy) and Redmond and westerman came through..and I wonder if Redmond or boling could play rt. If boling could play LT he might be able too.
Reply/Quote
[Image: NsD4ol.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 09:56 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: And here we sit with the same limp-wristed HC

Obligatory... (Footage of Giggles in college competing for his fraternity)

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 10:43 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Fans don't repeat that. They just laugh at marv describing halftime adjustments as journalistic jargon. 
I was reading the post and laughing until I ran into Fred Toast and his typical verbal bullying. That's when I stopped reading. Carry on.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 04:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I keep hearing this, but 8 tackles went in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Are we to believe Marvin is smarter than the Steelers, Ravens, Raiders, Cowboys, Vikings, Redskins, Rams, and Bucs? Did 1/4th of the entire league just reach on garbage tackles?

Plus, couldn't we also use competition at RG at the very least?

I get that sentiment. I really do. However, I don't think those teams are drafting to find starters and are grabbing depth for behind veteran, entrenched starters to develop. That, or YES, those teams make bad decisions with high picks. It happens. We as Bengals fans know... it happens.

In the Bengals case, they already have young depth already on the roster to coach up - some of which are hgih draft picks. Some of which were considered high value late rounders who fell (Westerman). No one available in the 2nd rounds or later - when the Bengals had their picks are better prospects than Ogb, Fisher, Hart, Westerman, Redmond, Murray, Perkins, Hopkins, etc. etc. 

The Bengals took a hybrid G/T, Taylor, in the 7th who had a 3rd round grade and slipped.

I just don't see how someone out of a terrible draft class (look at the grades, they were terrible) should be taken just because. There are higher graded prospects already on the roster to work with. The coaches need to pull their potential out of them. Another "C" or "D" graded guy isn't going to change anything.

As far a G goes, the Bengals are already loaded there. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 04:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: By all means, be as optimistic as you'd like.

I am just reminding people that at the end of the day, Marvin is still the HC.

That's where i am.

I may seem negative but i look forward to the season just as much as anyone and i like a lot of the moves that have been made and how they look to be doing things a different way. I'll look forward to every game, be there watching every game and cheer just as hard when they do well. 

I just won't get my hopes up ahead of time and i won't believe anything is "different" until i see at least 1 playoff win.

AND I WANT MY DAMN 13 WIN SEASON ALREADY!!!

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 06:11 PM)Derrick Wrote: I was reading the post and laughing until I ran into Fred Toast and his typical verbal bullying. That's when I stopped reading. Carry on.

I never take Fred's posts as verbal bullying. More like the old man shaking his fist from the porch yelling "you damn kids stay off my lawn!!".  Cool

Reply/Quote