Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuttering Comedian Kills it!
This kid has a speech impediment from a sports injury where a ball hit him in his throat, and he goes on America's Got Talent and just kills it!

He only tells three jokes but they're all HYSTERICAL!

His speech impediment plays perfectly into it!

Anyone that laughs at anything I post or thinks I'm wrong for making a joke about my situation needs to watch it!
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 03:21 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: This kid has a speech impediment from a sports injury where a ball hit him in his throat, and he goes on America's Got Talent and just kills it!

He only tells three jokes but they're all HYSTERICAL!  

His speech impediment plays perfectly into it!  

Anyone that laughs at anything I post or thinks I'm wrong for making a joke about my situation needs to watch it!

Alright Brad that was pretty funny...him as the gps bit had me cracking up.  Kudos to him.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 11:07 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Alright Brad that was pretty funny...him as the gps bit had me cracking up.  Kudos to him.

I know!!  RE-RE-RE-RE-RE-ROUTING......  U-TURN U-U-TTTTTURN!
Reply/Quote
Good for him, although I didn't find him that funny. His timing and delivery sucks (I'm evil, I know).
Reply/Quote
lol pretty funny
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 05:04 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Good for him, although I didn't find him that funny.  His timing and delivery sucks (I'm evil, I know).

Wow tough crowd.
Reply/Quote
Good short set. The real questions though...Can he hold an audience for an hour? How long can he hold an audience with jokes about his voice? Can he hold the audience with joke pertaining to other topics.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 11:58 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Wow tough crowd.

[Image: 0613_LiveTweet_Pic16_JimmyMEME.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Pretty awesome stuff, but his routine was just OK.

Inspiring, none the less.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 12:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote:  
[Image: 0613_LiveTweet_Pic16_JimmyMEME.jpg]

LOL
Reply/Quote
Great story for sure. Love to see stuff like that getting national attention.

As far as the comedy goes...

There's no way he's able to hold onto the crowd on a regular basis with jokes not pertaining to his speech. Let's just be honest with that. As awesome of a story that he has, the speech issue would cause crowds to turn on him almost instantly. We're talking about real life assholes that are watching D-level comedians struggle to do 10 minutes at the local firehouse, not a televised AGT crowd that's looking for a feel-good story at every corner. I'd be amazed if he could actually hold a crowd with that delivery.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 12:42 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Pretty awesome stuff, but his routine was just OK.

Inspiring, none the less.
Search on YouTube and watch some of his other stuff......  it's pretty funny.  

Maybe I just find it funnier because of how he is and whatever.
(06-08-2015, 01:32 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Great story for sure. Love to see stuff like that getting national attention.

As far as the comedy goes...

There's no way he's able to hold onto the crowd on a regular basis with jokes not pertaining to his speech. Let's just be honest with that. As awesome of a story that he has, the speech issue would cause crowds to turn on him almost instantly. We're talking about real life assholes that are watching D-level comedians struggle to do 10 minutes at the local firehouse, not a televised AGT crowd that's looking for a feel-good story at every corner. I'd be amazed if he could actually hold a crowd with that delivery.

There's other videos of him where he kind of opens it up with other things and he's pretty funny but does kind of keep it with the similar mindset.  

In one video, he's like "I'm scared to be a dad because I'm afraid that my kid will be born with the same thing I was..........  a disappointed father."   Clapping

I get what you're saying, but he never seems to run out of material.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 11:58 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Wow tough crowd.

He seems like he could be talented, it's just really unfortunate that his stutter is so severe that he's very difficult to listen to and understand. 

And without the feel good story (that these shows love), I think his material was just kind of ok.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 06:01 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: He seems like he could be talented, it's just really unfortunate that his stutter is so severe that he's very difficult to listen to and understand. 

And without the feel good story (that these shows love), I think his material was just kind of ok.

Meh....I laughed and got the jokes he told.  I'd have to see a full on routine, in order to be as critical.  He's going to be front of critics, tougher than you or I.  Also there's a lot of comedians that have done all right, that I think are really unfunny.  I don't think he could do much worse than some others out there.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 03:21 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Anyone that laughs at anything I post or thinks I'm wrong for making a joke about my situation needs to watch it!

Reminds me of that old public service announcement.

"Hire the handicapped.  They're fun to watch"
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 04:02 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Search on YouTube and watch some of his other stuff......  it's pretty funny.  

Maybe I just find it funnier because of how he is and whatever.

There's other videos of him where he kind of opens it up with other things and he's pretty funny but does kind of keep it with the similar mindset.  

In one video, he's like "I'm scared to be a dad because I'm afraid that my kid will be born with the same thing I was..........  a disappointed father."   Clapping

I get what you're saying, but he never seems to run out of material.

wait you thought that joke was funny?
even my dry humor wasnt amused.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 10:47 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: wait you thought that joke was funny?
even my dry humor wasnt amused.

I thought it was hilarious!

It was just so unexpected!
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 11:09 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I thought it was hilarious!

It was just so unexpected!

You definitely need to watch more stand-up then. Check out Louis CK's first few specials. Watch Jim Jefferies' first few as well. Finally, watch Chris Porter, John Mulaney, and Tom Segura on Netflix. The Segura special is my current favorite. Almost every joke or bit is better than that.

Jefferies has a story about taking his disabled friend to a brothel that is hilarious if you want to stick to the disability theme.

Oh, and while I don't like him as much as others do. Marc Maron has some great moments as well.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 01:22 PM)MrRager Wrote: You definitely need to watch more stand-up then. Check out Louis CK's first few specials. Watch Jim Jefferies' first few as well. Finally, watch Chris Porter, John Mulaney, and Tom Segura on Netflix. The Segura special is my current favorite. Almost every joke or bit is better than that.

Jefferies has a story about taking his disabled friend to a brothel that is hilarious if you want to stick to the disability theme.

Oh, and while I don't like him as much as others do. Marc Maron has some great moments as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfFRv_1XdDM

this song always makes me laugh and so do many of his other songs
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 01:22 PM)MrRager Wrote: You definitely need to watch more stand-up then. Check out Louis CK's first few specials. Watch Jim Jefferies' first few as well. Finally, watch Chris Porter, John Mulaney, and Tom Segura on Netflix. The Segura special is my current favorite. Almost every joke or bit is better than that.

Most stand up comics just re-hash the same old stuff or complain too much.  John Mulany is very good though.

The best guy you have never heard of is probably Myq Kaplan.  His material is really clever and intelligent.
Reply/Quote