Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuttering Comedian Kills it!
(06-09-2015, 07:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote:   

Most stand up comics just re-hash the same old stuff or complain too much.  John Mulany is very good though.

The best guy you have never heard of is probably Myq Kaplan.  His material is really clever and intelligent.

I have not heard of him, but will check that out. Have you seen the Tom Segura special? Idk if his material is " great," but damn, his delivery kills me.

Also, Jim Jefferies has some clever religion jokes. He doesn't just sit there and bash it. It is very Carlin, but even better imo.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 01:22 PM)MrRager Wrote: You definitely need to watch more stand-up then. Check out Louis CK's first few specials. Watch Jim Jefferies' first few as well. Finally, watch Chris Porter, John Mulaney, and Tom Segura on Netflix. The Segura special is my current favorite. Almost every joke or bit is better than that.

Jefferies has a story about taking his disabled friend to a brothel that is hilarious if you want to stick to the disability theme.

Oh, and while I don't like him as much as others do. Marc Maron has some great moments as well.
I saw that one!  ThumbsUp

"We went back in to get Dan, he was where we left him."   Clapping
(06-09-2015, 09:27 PM)MrRager Wrote: I have not heard of him, but will check that out. Have you seen the Tom Segura special? Idk if his material is " great," but damn, his delivery kills me.

Also, Jim Jefferies has some clever religion jokes. He doesn't just sit there and bash it. It is very Carlin, but even better imo.

Jim Jeffries might be the funniest human being alive!  

I'm religious (in terms of being close to God) and even find his religion jokes hilarious!
Reply/Quote
I'm gonna bump this because they just showed a re-air of AGT. I thought he was hilarious. The fact that he can make light of his situation is good.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 07:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote:   

Most stand up comics just re-hash the same old stuff or complain too much.  John Mulany is very good though.

The best guy you have never heard of is probably Myq Kaplan.  His material is really clever and intelligent.

In a gopher/ stick kind of way I am sure
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 10:06 PM)Bryan Wrote: I'm gonna bump this because they just showed a re-air of AGT. I thought he was hilarious. The fact that he can make light of his situation is good.

I also found this one of his pretty funny!

One or two jokes kind of failed, but the rest were hilarious!
Reply/Quote