Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Suck For Sam!"
(09-30-2017, 04:01 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Sam Darnold fumbled the football down by 3 on the final drive of the game, losing to Washington State.

15/29 (51.7%), 164 yards (5.7 YPA), 0 TD/1 INT, and a game losing fumble.

In a prime time game?

ANDY DALTON, IS THAT YOU?!
Reply/Quote
The college teams I've watched so far, I haven't really seen any QB with that "WOW" factor, he's the one! Last night, the Washington QB looked like the better of the two, but who knows?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2017, 10:26 AM)Sweetness Wrote: Sam hasn't looked good all season.

He's definitely looked off since the start. But in his defense, his receiving corps doesn't impress anyone. The coaching staff at USC is as bad as it is in Cincy IMO (Darnold has just made them look good the past 15 games). And the only person in football who has an offensive line worse than Andy Dalton may be Sam Darnold. 

Hell, if Darnold does get drafted by Cincy it'll be deja vu all over again for him  Mellow (unless some coaching and personnel changes are made). We'll see how the young guy responds after playing what was easily the worst game of his life. Will he let it get to him and willl he continue to regress and struggle? Or will he pull it all together, help USC remain undefeated the rest of the way and show that he wasn't overhyped? Either way, should be fun to watch.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2017, 10:46 AM)thillan Wrote: In a prime time game?

ANDY DALTON, IS THAT YOU?!

Dalton has a better prime-time rating than Palmer did as a Bengal.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2017, 10:52 AM)Bengalsrob Wrote: The college teams I've watched so far, I haven't really seen any QB with that "WOW" factor, he's the one! Last night, the Washington QB looked like the better of the two, but who knows?

Have you watched Rosen at UCLA yet?
Reply/Quote
Not to worry,  Sinclair Community College's non-existent football team will produce the next Hiesman trophy QB who will undoubtedly go on to take the NFL by storm and get drafted by the Bengals. 
They may not have a football team, but they do sell football jerseys and that's the only thing that matters..
https://www.prepsportswear.com/college/us/Ohio/Sinclair-Community-College-Tartans-Dayton/Sports-Football-Apparel/ProductList.aspx?category=834&schoolid=2126540&up_ss=FB
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Baker Mayfield is the best College QB.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Check out Mason Rudolph from Oklahoma State. He's got a good arm and he is accurate. They play tonight at 8 on Fox.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2017, 11:16 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dalton has a better prime-time rating than Palmer did as a Bengal.

That's a pretty low bar. 

Reply/Quote
If we're talking college QB's, give me Clayton Thorson out of NW...not that we need a qb, I'd rather draft 4 new OL in the 1st 4 rounds
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2017, 05:05 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: If we're talking college QB's, give me Clayton Thorson out of NW...not that we need a qb, I'd rather draft 4 new OL in the 1st 4 rounds

We could end up picking in the top 3 though. Would you go that high for an OT? I think you take one of the top QB's and then adress the line with the rest of the draft. 

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2017, 05:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We could end up picking in the top 3 though. Would you go that high for an OT? I think you take one of the top QB's and then adress the line with the rest of the draft. 

If there's a LT worthy of that pick then yes I would. This OL class should be better than last years weak class, could be 3-4 guys worth early 1st rounders...and the only way I'm drafting a 1st round QB is if I'm confident hes an elite QB (top 5 in NFL) and I'm not convinced there is one in this years class. Anything short of a star won't help us. We have an average QB just like 10-20 other NFL teams. They'll look great with good play calling, weapons, and blocking. Without that they're mediocre at best. I like our chances of building a good offense around Andy better than getting lucky and finding the next Rodgers/Brady
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2017, 04:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That's a pretty low bar. 

When you play for Marvin Lewis, it seems the bar is low for everyone.

It's a choking culture. Dalton has played very well in Prime-time for a while now (88.9 rating in last 10 games), yet the team is 3-6-1 in those games for some reason.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
How is Lamar Jackson looking today?

Oh.. 249 yards and 3 TDs with 100 yards rushing and another TD and set the school record for 100 yard rushing games by the 3rd quarter.

Wouldn't hear me complain if we went with the electric play maker.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:34 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Lamar Jackson fan here.

No running QB for me. If I wanted that, I would watch OSU's JTB. I want a tall one who can throw darts anywhere anytime. Even in the local Pub, I mean great laser-like passes to the open receiver.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2017, 07:17 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: How is Lamar Jackson looking today?

Oh.. 249 yards and 3 TDs with 100 yards rushing and another TD and set the school record for 100 yard rushing games by the 3rd quarter.

Wouldn't hear me complain if we went with the electric play maker.

As I said earlier in the thread, there's no way that a 211lb running QB would survive in the NFL. Running QBs are already breaking quick enough without being that thin. I also don't think he's accurate enough to transition into a pocket QB.

Don't be surprised if he takes the Braxton Miller/Julian Edelman/Terrelle Pryor route and becomes a WR in the NFL, assuming he has the hands for it.

EDIT: Lamar Jackson's college profile and size reminds me strongly of a slightly better Brad Smith.

Jackson: 6'3, 211lbs
Smith: 6'2, 213lbs
- - -
Jackson: 57% completion
Smith: 56.3% completion
- - -
Jackson: 52 TD/20 INT
Smith: 56 TD/32 INT
- - -
Jackson: 1,571 rushing yard, 21 rushing TD best season
Smith: 1,310 rushing yard, 17 TD best season

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Our Oline did a fine job of protecting the QB today,

Are you picking up the slack for Fred?

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2017, 10:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: As I said earlier in the thread, there's no way that a 211lb running QB would survive in the NFL. Running QBs are already breaking quick enough without being that thin. I also don't think he's accurate enough to transition into a pocket QB.

Don't be surprised if he takes the Braxton Miller/Julian Edelman/Terrelle Pryor route and becomes a WR in the NFL, assuming he has the hands for it.

EDIT: Lamar Jackson's college profile and size reminds me strongly of a slightly better Brad Smith.

Jackson: 6'3, 211lbs
Smith: 6'2, 213lbs
- - -
Jackson: 57% completion
Smith: 56.3% completion
- - -
Jackson: 52 TD/20 INT
Smith: 56 TD/32 INT
- - -
Jackson: 1,571 rushing yard, 21 rushing TD best season
Smith: 1,310 rushing yard, 17 TD best season

And he is at 63% this year. Up up up.

Currently better than what Russel Wilson and Kaep were at in their 3rd years. Two recent Super Bowl QBs
Reply/Quote
Last time we had the golden boy from usc dude quit like a chicken shit.

Give me the kid from down the street who plays his ass off.
Reply/Quote
How many different QBs have to come in to this team and have essentially the same issues develop before some here get it - the problem has nothing to do with the QB and everything to do with team culture and coaching.
Reply/Quote