Poll: Sucker-o-meter Poll: Optimism abounds with many but where do we really end up after 2018 ?
Fans Not suckers after 2018 season – Bengals make the Playoffs. (Maybe more) Offseason improvements actually pan out with real success. A sense of Pride in the Organization takes over the Message Board.
Fans feel Partially suckered – Bengals barely miss the 2018 season Playoffs. Mood on the Board still somewhat hopeful for 2019 yet most have that partially suckered in feeling.
Fans feel Totally suckered in yet again – the wheels fall off the 2018 season in a manner that is Deja vu all over again in some form. Tone on the Board turns sour as the 2018 season winds down.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Sucker-o-meter Poll: (2018 Season)
The Bengals appear to have made a number of positive moves this offseason. Fans have reason to walk around the ice cold punch bowl that contains the Kool Aid and can name a number of good moves made this offseason that could get them to grab a glass and start drinking.

They could actually have their Kool Aid and drink it too. The 2018 season has a real chance of not disappointing Fans. The roster looks much improved in some key areas that have hurt us in the past. Some New Coaches offer hope. It could be time to take a drink.

Optimism abounds with many but where do we really end up after the 2018 season ends ?

Take the Sucker-o-meter Poll:
Reply/Quote
Definitely had a few big swigs of the orange Kool-Aid myself this off season.

Would have bet my life at the end of last season that would not have been the case as well.

Who-Dey !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 03:12 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Definitely had a few big swigs of the orange Kool-Aid myself this off season.  

Would have bet my life at the end of last season that would not have been the case as well.

Who-Dey !

I'd like to drink the whole punch bowl full of Kool Aid and get rewarded for doing so with a Great Bengal Team.

Gotta hope but highly cautious...   Confused
Reply/Quote
I will go out on a limb and say after the season doesn't go as predicted once again that the excuse will be "The coaches are new and need time to implement their new system".

And the process will start all over again. lol
Reply/Quote
The second option is what I have been saying is most likely the course the team will follow after all of the new additions came to light.....I'm still there, and think 2019 will be the year we really see it all come together......for better or for worse.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I will participate in this poll after preason games are played.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I'd have to add in an injury disclaimer as well. I wouldn't feel suckered if they lose a bunch of key guys and disappoint. Only way I feel suckered is if they stay relatively healthy and don't improve much over last year.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 04:02 PM)Wyche Wrote: The second option is what I have been saying is most likely the course the team will follow after all of the new additions came to light.....I'm still there, and think 2019 will be the year we really see it all come together......for better or for worse.

I also voted 2nd option.

I expect we see 2 or so somewhat obvious problems again. (Like say maybe Right Tackle/Guard or needing a 2nd receiver to step up or it would have been nice if Eifert was healthy etc)

Then spend another offseason leading up to the Draft hoping we address those 2 or so obvious problems. In the same vein as us hoping for a Center/Left Tackle last offseason which they did actually address.

Having to cross our fingers again hoping the Front Office addresses what we want heading into 2019.

If they do, then maybe, as you say, 2019 could be the year.

That' my guess right now but hoping 2018 can be a winning, respect gaining year.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 04:12 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I will participate in this poll after preason games are played.

I agree, too early
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 03:06 PM)depthchart Wrote: The Bengals appear to have made a number of positive moves this offseason. Fans have reason to walk around the ice cold punch bowl that contains the Kool Aid and can name a number of good moves made this offseason that could get them to grab a glass and start drinking.

They could actually have their Kool Aid and drink it too. The 2018 season has a real chance of not disappointing Fans. The roster looks much improved in some key areas that have hurt us in the past. Some New Coaches offer hope. It could be time to take a drink.

Optimism abounds with many but where do we really end up after the 2018 season ends ?

Take the Sucker-o-meter Poll:

It is way early but i will go out on a limb as i usually do....

We win 12 games and the Division but go one and done in the Playoffs once again under Marv...

Until i see a Playoff win i cannot believe we can win one under this guy.

I am no sucker for believing in Superbowlz til we win a Playoff game with this HC. Love our new coaches though.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 08:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is way early but i will go out on a limb as i usually do....

We win 12 games and the Division but go one and done in the Playoffs once again under Marv...

Until i see a Playoff win i cannot believe we can win one under this guy.

I am no sucker for believing in Superbowlz til we win a Playoff game with this HC. Love our new coaches though.

I tend to think that winning the Division away from the Big Ben led Steelers would be harder for us to do in 2018 than say getting a Wildcard & winning a Playoff game. It may even be a more challenging accomplishment to take the Division away from the Steelers in 2018 versus getting a Playoff win. I just think the Steelers are that good and capable of making a deep Playoff, possibly Super Bowl run.

With that said, if we do win 12 games and take the Division then it would be a sign of a very capable Bengal team that could make a run in the Playoffs.

It seems like we have enough pieces in place to do well. They just have to earn it...
Reply/Quote
Do we have a chance at winning the Super Bowl - no

Will we make the playoffs - 50-50 at best. That is probably high.

I think Price will eventually be a very good center but too many questions remain on the o line.

The D has the potential to be a top 10 defense.

I think they took some great steps this season and they might surprise me if the defense steps up and Mixon is a top 10 running back.

I don't think the team is ever going to be a serious title contender until we have a new coach.

I reserve the right to change my opinion after preseason.
Reply/Quote
All the Kool-Aid tastes like piss after that playoff debacle, and until they can prove they're for real I'll stick with pessimism.
Reply/Quote
Nothing more that I want to be wrong about, but I just think there's too many variables to overcome.
Reply/Quote
Is it just me or has this week waiting for Thursday to finally roll around seemed more like a few months?
I'm usually not this impatient, but lately I haven't had much to keep my mind occupied other than not talking to the old woman . Yes, it really isn't all sunshine and lollypops all the time here at the home front .

I'm not a big koolaid drinker. I tend to stick with either cranberry juice or single malt Scotch whisky whenever I get the urge to suffer through a hangover.   
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 05:46 PM)depthchart Wrote: I also voted 2nd option.

I expect we see 2 or so somewhat obvious problems again. (Like say maybe Right Tackle/Guard or needing a 2nd receiver to step up or it would have been nice if Eifert was healthy etc)

Then spend another offseason leading up to the Draft hoping we address those 2 or so obvious problems. In the same vein as us hoping for a Center/Left Tackle last offseason which they did actually address.

Having to cross our fingers again hoping the Front Office addresses what we want heading into 2019.

If they do, then maybe, as you say, 2019 could be the year.

That' my guess right now but hoping 2018 can be a winning, respect gaining year.

Yes, I think the team will be much improved, but I just don't know that it's realistic to say they can make a run just yet.  Stranger things have happened though, and I hope to be wrong.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
You know me....I'm has pessimistic as they come.  Until proven otherwise, 5-12 is going to be my prediction for the Bengals. 

Draft season starts around these parts on or around October 22. 

***ps......Disclaimer: Can, and probably will be changed, after the 4th preseason game.***
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I am still in my preseason happy place where the team will finally win in the playoffs or better. Ask me on Friday

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I feel like we are a playoff caliber team right now. We are not too far removed from being in the playoffs and we have definitely addressed our weak spots this season more than I've ever seen and have some people back from injury who could bring a lot. This team is loaded with talent and potential, and we have new coaches with proven track records of being good. I just cant imagine not being a really good team this year. I guess we'll just have to see how it rolls.
Reply/Quote
Eaney meany miney moe.. Pick a winner or loser by the toe. If he hollers let him go. Eaney meany miney moe.. 
My mother told me to pick the very best one and you are not it.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote