Poll: Sucker-o-meter Poll: Optimism abounds with many but where do we really end up after 2018 ?
Fans Not suckers after 2018 season – Bengals make the Playoffs. (Maybe more) Offseason improvements actually pan out with real success. A sense of Pride in the Organization takes over the Message Board.
Fans feel Partially suckered – Bengals barely miss the 2018 season Playoffs. Mood on the Board still somewhat hopeful for 2019 yet most have that partially suckered in feeling.
Fans feel Totally suckered in yet again – the wheels fall off the 2018 season in a manner that is Deja vu all over again in some form. Tone on the Board turns sour as the 2018 season winds down.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Sucker-o-meter Poll: (2018 Season)
In all honesty, I have to agree with Wyche's Warriors.

IF:  (And it's some BIG IFs)

1.  The young players pan out as expected

2.  There are no major and/or career ending injuries (other than Eifert, as I think the first good pop and he's done, ala Tony Romo)

3.  This team can play with aggressive discipline and ignore the button pushing

4.  They can start beating Pittsburgh

5.  By some miracle, Lewis does show the bursts of passion he has shown so far

THEN and ONLY THEN, 2019 would be their better chance!

I will consider this year a success if all of the above happens, they finish above .500. and SOMEBODY, other than Burfict, busts Juju in the mouth and on his butt out for a few games like Burfict was last year!
Reply/Quote
Anything but playoff victories this year has to be considered a failed campaign for the 2018 Bengals. Simply making the playoffs then laying an egg in front of the nation just isn't going to do it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 02:50 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Anything but playoff victories this year has to be considered a failed campaign for the 2018 Bengals. Simply making the playoffs then laying an egg in front of the nation just isn't going to do it.

^ This.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I didn't vote, because I think the Bengals will do better this season but still won't make the playoffs. It's still early days, but I'm thinking 8-11 wins could be their ceiling. I'm not sure that'll be enough, but I don't think "the wheels will fall off" either. Like others, I think the real improvement will show out in 2019.
Reply/Quote
The same old stuff every year. Hype to have a winning season only to be disappointed. The Bengals win 5 or 6 this year. Heck, the Browns may win more.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Fans Not suckers after 2018 season – Bengals make the Playoffs. (Maybe more) Offseason improvements actually pan out with real success. A sense of Pride in the Organization takes over the Message Board.

44.12% Pre-season Poll result (15 votes)

Fans feel Partially suckered – Bengals barely miss the 2018 season Playoffs. Mood on the Board still somewhat hopeful for 2019 yet most have that partially suckered in feeling.*
29.41% Preseason Poll result (10 votes)

Fans feel Totally suckered in yet again – the wheels fall off the 2018 season in a manner that is Deja vu all over again in some form. Tone on the Board turns sour as the 2018 season winds down.
26.47% Preseason Poll result (9 votes)

**  I'm still hopeful but the MOOD on the Board seems sour after heartbreaking teeter/totter loss to the Steelers.

The Poll shows names of those who voted.    Has anyone changed their tune ?  Anyone want to change their Preseason tune ?
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 05:04 PM)depthchart Wrote: Fans Not suckers after 2018 season – Bengals make the Playoffs. (Maybe more) Offseason improvements actually pan out with real success. A sense of Pride in the Organization takes over the Message Board.

44.12% Pre-season Poll result

Fans feel Partially suckered – Bengals barely miss the 2018 season Playoffs. Mood on the Board still somewhat hopeful for 2019 yet most have that partially suckered in feeling.*
29.41% Preseason Poll result

26.47% Preseason Poll result

**  I'm still hopeful but the MOOD on the Board seems sour after heartbreaking teeter/totter loss to the Steelers.

The Poll shows names of those who voted.    Has anyone changed their tune ?  Anyone want to change their Preseason tune ?

I'm still in the middle....although a couple of big wins could put us in the playoffs.  I didn't think we had a shot coming into the season.  Also, looking around the conference, we may have a better shot of slipping in a wild card berth at my 9-7 prediction still yet.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 05:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm still in the middle....although a couple of big wins could put us in the playoffs.  I didn't think we had a shot coming into the season.  Also, looking around the conference, we may have a better shot of slipping in a wild card berth at my 9-7 prediction still yet.

I didn't bank on the Ravens offense improving coupled with the Ravens Defense becoming even more dominant in 2018.

They may throw a monkey wrench into this whole thing since whoever finishes 3rd in our Division will likely be a good team that misses the playoffs.

The AFC North is Brutal & the Bengals still barely sit atop it.

It has been exciting on both ends of the spectrum. (Falcons win/Steelers loss)
Reply/Quote