Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Suggestion for those who come to Nashville
If the Bengals do end up playing the Titans next weekend, I suggest getting a hotel around Goodlettsville, which is about 15 minutes north of downtown.
It's (usually) a lot cheaper to stay around that area, super easy drive to the stadium, and it's closer to Cincinnati/Louisville for those coming from there.
You'll also avoid airport traffic, and you're really close to Opryland.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yep. Stadium is north of the river and pretty easy to access.

Like Cincinnati, Nashville is not a huge metropolis.
Reply/Quote
I say we all stay at Fred's house!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 03:12 PM)Beaker Wrote: I say we all stay at Fred's house!

I live 3 hours from Nashville, and 4 hours from Cincinnati.

I think Nashville is only about 3.5 hours from Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 04:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I live 3 hours from Nashville, and 4 hours from Cincinnati.

Nashville is 3 hours from Louisville. Cincinnati is 1.5 hours from Louisville. Nashville=4.5 hours from Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 04:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Nashville is 3 hours from Louisville. Cincinnati is 1.5 hours from Louisville. Nashville=4.5 hours from Cincinnati.

Depends what part of Nashville.
I usually hit Louisville from northern Nashville in about 2.5 hours.
It takes me about another 1-1.5 hours to get to/through downtown Cincy.

I drive about 75-80 though, which does help.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
May be going down there... pending I can get a ticket in the $200ish range.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 04:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I live 3 hours from Nashville, and 4 hours from Cincinnati.

There are so many "villes" in Tennessee lol.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Bumping this now that we know the Bengals are coming to Nashville for 3:30 CST Saturday game.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Clarksville is another option for hotels.
A bit cheaper than Nashville and its only a 45 minute drive.
And its a Mecca for dining options
Reply/Quote
Hey locals, what’s the hot chicken spot? I’ve had Hattie B’s, looks like Prince’s downtown is closed. Any food recommendations will do.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 05:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: There are so many "villes" in Tennessee lol.

All over the place. I just moved away from Nashville but we lived in Hendersonville. We always joked about all of the surrounding villes. 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 11:48 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Hey locals, what’s the hot chicken spot? I’ve had Hattie B’s, looks like Prince’s downtown is closed. Any food recommendations will do.

Party Fowl is a good one.
There are a few around the city.

Bolton's was featured on Food Network.
https://www.foodnetwork.com/restaurants/tn/nashville/boltons-spicy-chicken-and-fish-restaurant

Prince's opened another location closer to Broadway that is open - 5055 Broadway Pl, Nashville, TN 37203
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Some other food places to try other than hot chicken:

Cheaper restaurants you can't get around Cincy:
- Zaxby's - Chicken tenders, wings, etc. with a wide range of hot sauces.
- Krystal - Very similar to White Castle.
- Whataburger - Just opened in Old Hickory, which is close to the airport. Texas burger joint.

A ton of great local options that range from affordable to pricy too.
https://nashville.eater.com/maps/best-nashville-restaurants-38
Food Network posted some suggested places - https://www.foodnetwork.com/restaurants/photos/restaurant-guide-nashville

Good number of breweries around too.
Yazoo Brewing is basically right there in Goodlettsville (technically in Madison though).
Blackstone brewing, Tailgate Brewing, and Bearded Iris are all very good.
Barrique Brewing is really close to the stadium, but I haven't been there yet.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Just saw that the only place I was going to suggest, The Tin Angel, closed in 2019.

That was a great little restaurant.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If the Bengals do end up playing the Titans next weekend, I suggest getting a hotel around Goodlettsville, which is about 15 minutes north of downtown.
It's (usually) a lot cheaper to stay around that area, super easy drive to the stadium, and it's closer to Cincinnati/Louisville for those coming from there.
You'll also avoid airport traffic, and you're really close to Opryland.

My daughter lives in Springfield. If I were going to the game I would stay with them but I can't pay that much for tix.
Reply/Quote
Been visiting Nashville for decades, and it has lost the small town feel of the city it used it be, it is one of the fastest growing city over the past 10 years and that has caused downtown to become overpriced, parking costs are crazy, packed streets, waits to get into places, good luck finding a decent hotel within 30 mins of downtown at a reasonable price. Now with that said with the colder weather downtown should be a bit easier to go to bars restaurants but prepare to buy a good amount for parking.

On the positive side, I like the stadium, pretty open access, not a lot around it so prepare to tailgate unless you are coming from downtown, I found a reasonable airbnb free parking about 15 mins from stadium.. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Not going to make to Nashville for the game unfortunately

but go to several shows a year at the Ryman Auditorium and will keep all these great suggestions in mind.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 12:36 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Been visiting Nashville for decades, and it has lost the small town feel of the city it used it be, it is one of the fastest growing city over the past 10 years and that has caused downtown to become overpriced, parking costs are crazy, packed streets, waits to get into places, good luck finding a decent hotel within 30 mins of downtown at a reasonable price.  Now with that said with the colder weather downtown should be a bit easier to go to bars restaurants but prepare to buy a good amount for parking.  

On the positive side, I like the stadium, pretty open access, not a lot around it so prepare to tailgate unless you are coming from downtown, I found a  reasonable airbnb free parking about 15 mins from stadium.. Who Dey

Yep Nashville is one of the fastest growing cities now, has been for the past 5+ years.
No state income tax helps draw people in.
Highways were not designed for this population boom lol.
It's similar to the Austin boom in many ways.

Depending on your definition of "reasonable priced," multiple hotels around Goodlettsville are around $125/night for this weekend.

Another place you can look for a hotel other than Goodlettsville that isn't as expensive as Broadway is around Vanderbilt.
That area is around $150-175 per night for this coming weekend.

If you want to be right by the Grand Ole Opry, the hotels look to be around $130/night for the weekend there. There's a lot of touristy stuff over there. Grand Ole Opry, Opry Mills Mall, Dave & Busters, a bunch of nicer restaurants in the mall, Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum, Dukes of Hazard museum, General Jackson riverboat. It's actually about as far from the stadium as Goodlettsville though, and is a busier area on weekends due to all the touristy stuff.

If you're looking to stay around Broadway (main place for honky tonks), be ready to spend ~$250+ a night.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 11:48 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Hey locals, what’s the hot chicken spot? I’ve had Hattie B’s, looks like Prince’s downtown is closed. Any food recommendations will do.

Princes main location now is Nolensville pike. It’s excellent.

400 degrees is the best in the city, hot shrimp is to die for but unfortunately they’re still closed bc of damage from the tornado. Bc of that a trip to princes is totally worth it.

Don’t go to the Broadway location. It’s just for tourists and it’s not nearly as good.
Reply/Quote