Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suicide Squad + New Batman v Superman trailer
Video won't be up for long, sure this will be released for all to see soon...

Wasn't very high on this movie, but it looks better than what I expected and Leto's Joker seems to be going with that Ledger like voice and attitude.  

http://kotaku.com/jared-letos-joker-shows-up-in-leaked-suicide-squad-trai-1717282959

Go DC
Reply/Quote
SS looks like it's going to be everything the Marvel movies aren't — gritty, dark and unexpected. I like all of the Marvel movies so far, but they haven't really gone that direction with any of the movies. SS could really fill that role for those of us who were more into comics like Watchmen (another great movie) and The Crow (first movie was good for its time) than Antman or the Avengers.

That said, they're trying to cash in off that dark and gritty with SvsB and it looks like failure. Maybe that's just me jumping to conclusions, but trailers are usually the best 2-4 minutes condensed and spliced to give you what they think you want to see. That was several minutes of a middle aged guy looking tired. Which isn't the same as what they were trying to spin off of (DKR, which was an old guy looking angry).

And how does that set up JL? We're going to have two or three League movies with old Batman, while the rest of the group is young?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
DC released an HD version of the Suicide Squad trailer
http://batman-news.com/2015/07/13/suicide-squad-comic-con-trailer-officially-released-online-in-hd/

Reply/Quote
At first I was a little apprehensive about Jared Leto as Joker, but after seeing the trailer, I'm ok with it.  Really, really looking forward to SS next year.  I'm more looking forward to it than BvS at this point.  Just cannot wrap my head around Affleck as an aging Batman. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 12:55 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: At first I was a little apprehensive about Jared Leto as Joker, but after seeing the trailer, I'm ok with it.  Really, really looking forward to SS next year.  I'm more looking forward to it than BvS at this point.  Just cannot wrap my head around Affleck as an aging Batman. 

I still hate the way Leto looks but I think he'll do a fine job. As for Affleck, a lot of people are iffy because of Daredevil that was not a good movie. I can't speak from experience(because I haven't seen them) but hasn't Ben been on a lately? Argo, The Town, Gone Girl?

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 01:10 PM)Bryan Wrote: I still hate the way Leto looks but I think he'll do a fine job. As for Affleck, a lot of people are iffy because of Daredevil that was not a good movie. I can't speak from experience(because I haven't seen them) but hasn't Ben been on a lately? Argo, The Town, Gone Girl?

For me the knock on Affleck is he doesn't do angry well. That's why Keaton and Bale worked as him. Bale looked like what you picture Wayne as, but Keaton really didn't fit that mold. Except he had that underlying controlled rage thing working, so he could pass.

Affleck whenever he tries to look angry looks like he's somebody high trying to look mad.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 01:14 PM)Benton Wrote: For me the knock on Affleck is he doesn't do angry well. That's why Keaton and Bale worked as him. Bale looked like what you picture Wayne as, but Keaton really didn't fit that mold. Except he had that underlying controlled rage thing working, so he could pass.

Affleck whenever he tries to look angry looks like he's somebody high trying to look mad.

The only time I liked Affleck mad was in Dazed and Confused, when he was....well, beefy.  and not in a good way. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote