Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sun rising in the east bother anyone else?
My bedroom window faces east and it bothers me that the sun always rises in the east. I understand that the earth can't just stop and then start spinning the opposite direction, but it seems like it could turn upside down every so often so that the sun would rise in the west for a while.

Anyone else bothered by this?
Reply/Quote
I would have thought that a deep thinker, such as yourself, would have considered such things when choosing a dwelling. Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm just glad I have a job where I don't commute. I live on the west side of town. If I commuted, the sun would blind me on the way to work, and then again on the way home. And here in Phoenix, we got serious sun!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
insulated room darkening shades should work fine

When first starting shift work in 1981 , I tried sleeping in between the mattress and box springs,in a closet,radio on low
Reply/Quote
I wake up everyday at 6 AM and have done so for many years. One selling point of my house was that most windows face east. I like the morning sun. It helps me kick start the day and get going. Plus my house plants do well with all the sunlight. But like Sabretooth said you can buy blackout curtains or shades if the morning sunlight isn't your thing. I had an apartment a few years ago and a nearby light illuminated my bedroom window at night. Think something close to the Kenny Rogers restaurant sign in that Seinfeld episode. Regular curtains and blinds only slightly blocked it. So I bought a blackout shade and curtain and it was basically permanent night in my bedroom. Almost no light got in.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
All of these threads about things bothering themselves bothering anyone else?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 03:45 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: All of these threads about things bothering themselves bothering anyone else?

I'm bothered that you're bothering me with this question about the bothering me threads.   Mellow
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 05:35 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'm bothered that you're bothering me with this question about the bothering me threads.   Mellow

[Image: tumblr_mcv0gs3lf01regdjso1_400.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 01:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: My bedroom window faces east and it bothers me that the sun always rises in the east.  I understand that the earth can't just stop and then start spinning the opposite direction, but it seems like it could turn upside down every so often so that the sun would rise in the west for a while.

[Image: a1-2-e1533832815514.jpg?resize=290%2C290]
Reply/Quote
You could turn the garage into a huge luxurious bedroom? But, in the summer when the sun goes down late, could cause same problem. Aluminum foil blocks all light coming in and looks great when you have a nice curtain. Outside doesn’t look so hot, but screw the neighbors. Or, start sleeping in the bathtub. Another possibility would be to move to North Pole? I think aluminum foil is the best route.

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 01:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: My bedroom window faces east and it bothers me that the sun always rises in the east.  I understand that the earth can't just stop and then start spinning the opposite direction, but it seems like it could turn upside down every so often so that the sun would rise in the west for a while.

"You need to get your stinkin' ass outta bed before daybreak you maggot!!"

[Image: th?id=OIP.PLZvjz26GR4I4UvD3U4XzQHaEK&pid...=280&h=158]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 04:48 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I'm just glad I have a job where I don't commute. I live on the west side of town. If I commuted, the sun would blind me on the way to work, and then again on the way home. And here in Phoenix, we got serious sun!

And without the benefit of clouds.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 04:48 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I'm just glad I have a job where I don't commute. I live on the west side of town. If I commuted, the sun would blind me on the way to work, and then again on the way home. And here in Phoenix, we got serious sun!

And 300 days of it each year.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 09:30 PM)McC Wrote: And 300 days of it each year.

Then you have to fiddle around with the sun shade to try and block it out (even though you are already wearing sunglasses), and then scrunch down so you can see out your windshield. But you can't scrunch too low, because then the sunlight cuts through again. Cool
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 09:51 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Then you have to fiddle around with the sun shade to try and block it out (even though you are already wearing sunglasses), and then scrunch down so you can see out your windshield. But you can't scrunch too low, because then the sunlight cuts through again. Cool

I scrunch down for no sun cause I am a God Dog (with bad vision). Hilarious

Seriously, I thought that was funny but probably not.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 09:51 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Then you have to fiddle around with the sun shade to try and block it out (even though you are already wearing sunglasses), and then scrunch down so you can see out your windshield. But you can't scrunch too low, because then the sunlight cuts through again. Cool

Luke AFB, 1977-81.  I'm sure Phoenix would look like another planet to me now.  Are Glendale and Phoenix connected?  They must be by now.

Reply/Quote

I'll see what I can do about it.  I know people who know people.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 10:16 PM)McC Wrote: Luke AFB, 1977-81.  I'm sure Phoenix would look like another planet to me now.  Are Glendale and Phoenix connected?  They must be by now.

It is a very different world now. Take a look at Luke on the Google maps sometime. Phoenix's suburbs extend all the way past the White Tank Mountains in the West, past South Mountains in the South and almost to Black Conyon in the north.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 09:57 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I scrunch down for no sun cause I am a God Dog (with bad vision). Hilarious

Seriously, I thought that was funny but probably not.

I heard you like to scrunch. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 12:17 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: It is a very different world now. Take a look at Luke on the Google maps sometime. Phoenix's suburbs extend all the way past the White Tank Mountains in the West, past South Mountains in the South and almost to Black Conyon in the north.

That's what I figured.  What is Sun City like?  It used to look like a green oasis had fallen out of the sky and landed in the desert.  One more question--do you have a colored rock "lawn?"

Reply/Quote