Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunday Morning Sim
I ran this simulation on MDD this morning just because. I intended to go no trades but had a very realistic opportunity to get good value to trade down one spot in the second so I accepted the trade.

The Trade and Draft:

Reply/Quote
1-28:

Calijah Kancey - DT - Pitt - 6'1" 281

Kancey was the BPA when the Bengals selected so staying true to Duke and his philosophy he was the selection. The Bengals had a lot of pressures last season but did not convert enough of those pressures into sacks or turnovers. With the pass rush ability of Kancey this could be changed. Much of what he does translates to the NFL game and he is better at stopping the run than I believe he is given credit for. He is a player that will have to be accounted for when he is on the field and is a threat to any QB.

2-60:

The Bengals had an opportunity to pick up a mid 5th round selection by moving down 1 slot so I accepted this trade.

2-61:

Tucker Kraft - TE - S. Dakota St. - 6'5" 254

Kraft brings a well rounded game to the Bengals and while he is coming from the FCS his game and strengths translate very well to the NFL. With Irv Smith and Drew Sample being signed Kraft will not be under pressure to carry the bulk of the load as a rookie. He is a good blocker but can improve his inline blocking with better hand placement and technique refinement. He has good hands and is always looking to produce once the ball is in his hands. He is driven to be great and puts in the work. He stated he gets angry when he allows himself to be brought down by a single tackler. Gotta love that attitude.

3-92:

Roschon Johnson - RB - Texas - 6'0" 219

I have seen statements about Johnson that I just find untrue such as a powerback and plays slow. I would disagree with these statements as the player I see is well rounded and can run with power but has some juice and quickness in his game as well and I have not seen slow play either rather a guy that goes 100% whenever he is on the field. I love how he plays the game and he does everything you ask a feature back to do such as run inside out and catch the ball. Has some pass protection capabilities as well. With this selection I would have no issue with Mixon being a June 1 cut.

4-131:

Cory Trice - CB - Purdue - 6'3" 206

Trice is outstanding in press and zone coverage so he should fit in with the scheme of Anarumo like a glove. He brings rare size and length to the position and really good speed as well. Improvement of his technique thru NFL coaching should also help improve his overall game. Trice should be an outstanding addition to the Bengals CB room.

5-148:

Dorian Williams - LB - Tulane - 6'1" 228

Williams was a team captain for Tulane and is a really athletic LB that brings outstanding sideline to sideline speed to the position. Plays very well in coverage and should be an instant depth upgrade to the LB room for the Bengals. As a rookie could end up as a special teams standout as well.

5-163:

Wanya Morris - OT - Oklahoma - 6'5" 307

What a value selection at this point in the draft. Morris could provide the solid swing tackle depth that the Bengals have sorely missed and could be a true option to compete for the RT tackle job in '24.

6-206:

Cameron Latu - TE - Bama - 6'4" 242

Latu is still growing into the position but has shown some real athleticism and blocking ability. His best football is no doubt ahead of him and while a bit of a project could give real value in the next couple of seasons. Seems to be a natural at the TE position after being recruited as an edge rusher.

7-248:

Matt Landers - WR - Arkansas - 6'4" 200

Has flashed absolute brilliance and pure ability at times but no developed no consistency in his game. Landers has true long speed to go with outstanding height and length. Needs to get stronger and develop discipline in his game. If his talents can be harnessed and polished he could be the steal of the draft.
Reply/Quote
WhoDey2

Good stuff this spring
Reply/Quote