Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunday Night Football, NBC, Bengals 8 PM EST
Collinsworth...National Television....NBC....SUNDAY NIGHT....BENGALS.....I'm ready. ...We will get to see a lot of the starters in this one also. This is the preseason game coaches stretch out the starters so they can go a whole game in 2 weeks. You won't see them at all in the last preseason game. This is always the best of the preseason games. Dalton will play most of first half if they play it as they normally do. He will get his work and reps in, knock the off season rust off, and then we won't see him again until the Jets game. Same with all the starters. A lot of first half action. ....This will answer the question of who the coaches plan on being starters. ...If Tate continues to see first half action, he isn't going anywhere. .....GO BENGALS, SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 02:48 PM)kevin Wrote: Collinsworth...National Television....NBC....SUNDAY NIGHT....BENGALS.....I'm ready.  ...We will get to see a lot of the starters in this one also. This is the preseason game coaches stretch out the starters so they can go a whole game in 2 weeks.  You won't see them at all in the last preseason game.  This is always the best of the preseason games. Dalton will play most of first half if they play it as they normally do. He will get his work and reps in, knock the off season rust off, and then we won't see him again until the Jets game. Same with all the starters. A lot of first half action. ....This will answer the question of who the coaches plan on being starters. ...If Tate continues to see first half action, he isn't going anywhere. .....GO BENGALS, SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL.

I am excited. The only Preseason game that kind of matters and everyone can see it.

We should demolish the Jags early, they have a few good weapons in the passing game but Geno and company
should pressure the hell out of Bortles so it shouldn't matter. The Jags Secondary is the worst in the league as far
as i know so Dalton will have a good chance to really get on the same page with Lafell and Boyd.

Happy Lafell is playing and since he is i doubt Tate gets time with the #1's.

Also would like to see Core a bit with Dalton, really like Core and he could play in AJ's spot.

We already know Dalton and Green are on the same page. I wouldn't play AJ much.

Also i would hope we give Ryan Brown some more snaps ahead of Hunt. I have given up on Margus sadly.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 02:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am excited. The only Preseason game that kind of matters and everyone can see it.

We should demolish the Jags early, they have a few good weapons in the passing game but Geno and company
should pressure the hell out of Bortles so it shouldn't matter. The Jags Secondary is the worst in the league as far
as i know so Dalton will have a good chance to really get on the same page with Lafell and Boyd.

Happy Lafell is playing and since he is i doubt Tate gets time with the #1's.

Also would like to see Core a bit with Dalton, really like Core and he could play in AJ's spot.

We already know Dalton and Green are on the same page. I wouldn't play AJ much.

Also i would hope we give Ryan Brown some more snaps ahead of Hunt. I have given up on Margus sadly.
I think we even see more AJ Green, because they have to get in some kind of football shape besides practice...I know we don't want him injured, but no preseason action and just walking on the field against Jets could get him injured also...Should be a good first half, and I want to see AJ McCarron in the second half...Should be a good game. .....We both agree, hopefully no injuries. The coaches have to stretch them out a little, get some game time in, knock some off season rust off, but you don't want injuries...This will be the last action the stars see before the Jets game.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Just hope for no more injuries
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 03:11 PM)kevin Wrote: I think we even see more AJ Green, because they have to get in some kind of football shape besides practice...I know we don't want him injured, but no preseason action and just walking on the field against Jets could get him injured also...Should be a good first half, and I want to see AJ McCarron in the second half...Should be a good game. 

AJ is in football shape Kev.

Need Dalton to get some chemistry with the other guys. Andy and AJ can read eachother's minds.

Lafell on the other hand is a big question mark right now. I loved the pick up at the time but he has yet to
play in a game with Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 03:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: AJ is in football shape Kev.

Need Dalton to get some chemistry with the other guys. Andy and AJ can read eachother's minds.

Lafell on the other hand is a big question mark right now. I loved the pick up at the time but he has yet to

Yes indeed Elimin8 and or N8
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 03:13 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Just hope for no more injuries

This. 

If we get out of Jacksonville with no significant injuries, it will be a good night.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 03:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: AJ is in football shape Kev.

Well, looking forward to the game either way....Munoz and other TV guy have said Dalton a little rusty as they did first preseason games.  That would figure, his season ended early. ....I'm not saying Green not in shape, but coaches and players always say lifting weights and practice is not football shape.  You get on the field, get in some plays, take and make a few hits, they say that gets you into football shape. ....I look for the first team to get extended first half action as a warm up for Jets game......I agree we don't want injuries, and the  starters see little action in preseason, except for the first half of preseason game 3.....if they don't play Green, it's OK with me. If the coaches feel he is ready for the Jets, then don't play him. .....Should be a good first half, and AJ McCarron will be worth staying tuned into NBC for.   ....As much as nobody wants injuries, most coaches, most teams give the starters their most preseason action in first half of preseason game 3, and why it's the best preseason game to watch.

I love Sunday Night TV anyway.....So watching me some Bengals will be great....GO BENGALS !!!
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 03:39 PM)kevin Wrote: Well, looking forward to the game either way....Munoz and other TV guy have said Dalton a little rusty as they did first preseason games.  That would figure, his season ended early. ....I'm not saying Green not in shape, but coaches and players always say lifting weights and practice is not football shape.  You get on the field, get in some plays, take and make a few hits, they say that gets you into football shape. ....I look for the first team to get extended first half action as a warm up for Jets game......I agree we don't want injuries, and the  starters see little action in preseason, except for the first half of preseason game 3.....if they don't play Green, it's OK with me. If the coaches feel he is ready for the Jets, then don't play him. .....Should be a good first half, and AJ McCarron will be worth staying tuned into NBC for.   ....As much as nobody wants injuries, most coaches, most teams give the starters their most preseason action in first half of preseason game 3, and why it's the best preseason game to watch.

I love Sunday Night TV anyway.....So watching me some Bengals will be great....GO BENGALS !!!

Most definately looking forward to the game either way, awesome to have the 3rd preseason game on SNF...   Rock On

AJ Green looks better than ever right now, he looks more physical than ever.

Just like Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap look better than ever...

The only reason why i wouldn't play Green much is cause we need to see what Lafell, Boyd, Core and Erickson have.

Players can get injured walking around in their living rooms.
Reply/Quote
I need to see someone outside of Carlos and Geno hit the Qb.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 03:30 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: This. 

If we get out of Jacksonville with no significant injuries, it will be a good night.

Yes please god no injuries!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 10:34 PM)J24 Wrote: I need to see someone outside of Carlos and Geno hit the Qb.

Me too. I also want to see some blitzes out of the secondary. This was something Reggie was an act at and I want to see if we have the personnel to keep pulling it off every once and a while.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 10:34 PM)J24 Wrote: I need to see someone outside of Carlos and Geno hit the Qb.

MJ is getting close. Just..another..step.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 03:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lafell on the other hand is a big question mark right now.

Literally.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 02:48 PM)kevin Wrote: Collinsworth...National Television....NBC....SUNDAY NIGHT....BENGALS.....I'm ready.  ...We will get to see a lot of the starters in this one also. This is the preseason game coaches stretch out the starters so they can go a whole game in 2 weeks.  You won't see them at all in the last preseason game.  This is always the best of the preseason games. Dalton will play most of first half if they play it as they normally do. He will get his work and reps in, knock the off season rust off, and then we won't see him again until the Jets game. Same with all the starters. A lot of first half action. ....This will answer the question of who the coaches plan on being starters. ...If Tate continues to see first half action, he isn't going anywhere. .....GO BENGALS, SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL.

I'm out of the country right now working on a Navy base in Japan.  Don't know if it will be on or not.  I hope so.  
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 02:02 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'm out of the country right now working on a Navy base in Japan.  Don't know if it will be on or not.  I hope so.  

BENGALS NATION SALUTES YOU.....TELL THE PEOPLE YOU KNOW ON THE BASE, YOU ALL HAVE OUR TOTAL RESPECT....GOD BLESS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 02:02 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'm out of the country right now working on a Navy base in Japan.  Don't know if it will be on or not.  I hope so.  

Okinawa or Yokosuka?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Since it's Sunday Night Football...

Collinsworth will bash the Bengals
the first team will play like dog poo under the lights
the Bengals will repeatedly make pre snap penalties
someone on the Bengals D will make a stupid mental mistake to cost us the game

/all the optimists on this MB
Reply/Quote

Thanks! I did not know this...assumed I would not see them until week 1
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Undoubtedly something will come up this evening to prevent me from..... No! I'm not going to curse myself. Everything's going to be perfect and they're gonna make the jags look like the 1996 Bengals..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote