Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunday Will Be Our Real Preview Of Things To Come
I think Burrow goes for 350 and 4 tds
Reply/Quote
Our number 1 pick looks like crap. We have no idea what our QB will be because he has a whole ten games under his belt, he’s coming off a major injury, and two handoffs and a screen are the entirety of his pre-season. Our head coach is a joke, and there is no rational reason to think he’s any better this year. There’s that irrepressible hope of fans, but there’s no real basis.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 06:57 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I really have high expectations for this defense. I think we have assembled a good group of players on defense and all the news from training camp and how they looked this preseason. I'm really expecting the defense to keep the game manageable. I know the Vikings have some talent on offense and they'll certainly score some points. But I think the defense plays good enough to win.

My concerns are that we have some turnovers and give the Vikings some short fields or we start to string multiple 3 and outs together and the defense starts to break.

Same thoughts as well, nice post Nug. I know that Offense has a lot of great weapons and a good QB but it just might be hard
on them if their OL cannot hold up against our DL and blitzes which I hope we use. Specifically Hilton and our Linebackers.

Want to see ADG on some LB blitzes, dude is made for this.

(09-08-2021, 07:08 PM)Go Cards Wrote: This will be a major test for the Bengals run defense.

If Bengals can manage to limit the Vikings rushing attack then very good things will follow.

Think this is a very formidable task but believe the Bengals rise to the occasion if the coaches can just stay out of the way.

Have to stop the run, this is what I want to see from our D more than anything. I hate to get ran on. Major test as you say.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 09:29 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Our number 1 pick looks like crap. We have no idea what our QB will be because he has a whole ten games under his belt, he’s coming off a major injury, and two handoffs and a screen are the entirety of his pre-season. Our head coach is a joke, and there is no rational reason to think he’s any better this year. There’s that irrepressible hope of fans, but there’s no real basis.

Did you watch the trenches this Preseason? I know it is only PS, but still. This is where it helps every neg you talk about here.

Chase and Burrow will get it together, you want to bet otherwise?

The basis of hope is in the trenches. If we sucked in the trenches all PS I would be right there with you but I saw not only 
improvement but CONSIDERABLE improvement in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Coaching is the question but adding
both Pollack and Hobby could help out Zac and Lou big time.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 09:15 PM)Tony Wrote: I think Burrow goes for 350 and 4 tds

In a perfect world....
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 01:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Did you watch the trenches this Preseason? I know it is only PS, but still. This is where it helps every neg you talk about here.

Chase and Burrow will get it together, you want to bet otherwise?

The basis of hope is in the trenches. If we sucked in the trenches all PS I would be right there with you but I saw not only 
improvement but CONSIDERABLE improvement in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Coaching is the question but adding
both Pollack and Hobby could help out Zac and Lou big time.

Happy to be wrong. I’m not a guy who prefers whining to winning, but I’ve been at this too long to believe in anything but W-L
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 08:17 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Happy to be wrong. I’m not a guy who prefers whining to winning, but I’ve been at this too long to believe in  anything but W-L

Understandable. Mellow
Reply/Quote