Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunday's Ref
The Shawn Hochuli crew is officiating the game on Sunday. This crew leads in the number of penalties called, number of holding calls, and 4th in the number of pass interference calls. Hochuli's crew handled the flag fest Vegas-Dallas game on Thanksgiving. Now the Bengals are pretty good at avoiding penalties...the Chargers are not which could help us. Holding calls on both offense and defense are their achilles heel. Hochuli worked the Bengals-Lions game. Bengals had 4 penalties, 2 on Trey Hill, Detroit was called for 12.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 02:22 PM)pally Wrote: The Shawn Hochuli crew is officiating the game on Sunday.  This crew leads in the number of penalties called, number of holding calls, and 4th in the number of pass interference calls. Hochuli's crew handled the flag fest Vegas-Dallas game on Thanksgiving. Now the Bengals are pretty good at avoiding penalties...the Chargers are not which could help us. Holding calls on both offense and defense are their achilles heel.  Hochuli worked the Bengals-Lions game.  Bengals had 4 penalties, 2 on Trey Hill, Detroit was called for 12.

This is a big deal, hope we play mistake free football like we have for most of the year.
Reply/Quote
Always liked the family, but Shawn's better than Ed, IMO.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 05:08 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Always liked the family, but Shawn's better than Ed, IMO.

Ed was turrible.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 05:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ed was turrible.  Mellow

He was ok; not bad, but far from great.

Stretching balls and, "the player just got overpowered," were AWESOME though LOL
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Shawn at least actually refs - Ed got infatuated with his own guns so to speak...
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 05:43 PM)Joelist Wrote: Shawn at least actually refs - Ed got infatuated with his own guns so to speak...

Hey, every week was the gun show, and we were all invited.

[Image: EdHochuli2.HarryHow.jpg?width=512&height...&mode=crop]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 02:22 PM)pally Wrote: The Shawn Hochuli crew is officiating the game on Sunday.  This crew leads in the number of penalties called, number of holding calls, and 4th in the number of pass interference calls. Hochuli's crew handled the flag fest Vegas-Dallas game on Thanksgiving. Now the Bengals are pretty good at avoiding penalties...the Chargers are not which could help us. Holding calls on both offense and defense are their achilles heel.  Hochuli worked the Bengals-Lions game.  Bengals had 4 penalties, 2 on Trey Hill, Detroit was called for 12.

He's one of the biggest pissburgh shills out there.  An NFL yes man.  He will do as he is told to tilt the game.  Hope it is in our favor, but that's hardly ever the case.  
Reply/Quote
Ed Hochuli is very humble about his status as a “celebrity” ref. He laughs at all attention he has gotten.

I know the Hochuli family very well. They are royalty in southern Arizona. They are all sports stars (Ed was a 2-time all-state LB) and a 3 year starter at UTEP and all-WAC player. They are all smart (most of them are attorneys), Eagle Scouts (Troop 211) and very chill.

NFL head coaches are polled after the season and Ed was #1 a couple of years and rarely ranked below top five.
Reply/Quote
We've been very disciplined on penalties this year, may be non-factor.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 07:15 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: Ed Hochuli is very humble about his status as a “celebrity” ref.  He laughs at all attention he has gotten.  

I know the Hochuli family very well.  They are royalty in southern Arizona.  They are all sports stars (Ed was a 2-time all-state LB) and a 3 year starter at UTEP and all-WAC player.  They are all smart (most of them are attorneys), Eagle Scouts (Troop 211) and very chill.  

NFL head coaches are polled after the season and Ed was #1 a couple of years and rarely ranked below top five.

I just don't like bias from refs and I have seen numerous games coached by Ed where he helped switch games in a team's favor.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 09:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I just don't like bias from refs and I have seen numerous games coached by Ed where he helped switch games in a team's favor.

Remember when that idiot screwed up the Chargers vs Broncos on that Cutler fumble?
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 09:35 PM)Tony Wrote: Remember when that idiot screwed up the Chargers vs Broncos on that Cutler fumble?

Sure do and lots of others. Never for us though. Many for the Steelers, many.
Reply/Quote
This may be very good news for us. Wasn't it the Chargers that Zimmer was complaining about holding on every play? They will have to hold Hendrickson, so might as well have a ref crew that will call it.
Reply/Quote
Home team is 2-9 this year when being reffed by Shawn Hochuli... https://www.pro-football-reference.com/officials/HochSh0r.htm
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 06:39 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Hey, every week was the gun show, and we were all invited.

[Image: EdHochuli2.HarryHow.jpg?width=512&height...&mode=crop]

Lap never hid his dislike for dear old Ed. He always seemed a little more fired up when Ed called penalties.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 10:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: This may be very good news for us. Wasn't it the Chargers that Zimmer was complaining about holding on every play? They will have to hold Hendrickson, so might as well have a ref crew that will call it.

That's kind of ironic for Zim to do that.  After it seemed like 5 straight holds and false starts by the Vikings to start the game, the refs kind of seemed to be like "we can't keep calling it" and there were some egregious holds that didn't draw flags.  
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 08:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That's kind of ironic for Zim to do that.  After it seemed like 5 straight holds and false starts by the Vikings to start the game, the refs kind of seemed to be like "we can't keep calling it" and there were some egregious holds that didn't draw flags.  

I didn't watch it, I just heard Zim complaining about it. Said they held on every play.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 05:42 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He was ok; not bad, but far from great.

Stretching balls and, "the player just got overpowered," were AWESOME though LOL

I liked that Ed would actually explain what the penalty was. There's like only one other ref that does that. I think it should be standard. Would help cut down on fan's expressions of displeasure IMO
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 03:52 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I liked that Ed would actually explain what the penalty was. There's like only one other ref that does that. I think it should be standard. Would help cut down on fan's expressions of displeasure IMO

He was over the top with it and just vying for camera time.
Reply/Quote