Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunday's ref
Clete Blakeman is the lucky man. Hasn't worked a Bengals game since 2016. Was the referee for Super Bowl 50 and last season's NFC Championship. No glaring red flags. Looks like the NFL has finally learned to put a top tier crew on for this game

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Oh don't worry. I'm sure we'll hate him by 4pm on Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 01:44 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Oh don't worry. I'm sure we'll hate him by 4pm on Sunday.

Yep, I’m sure he’s already being “briefed” about the outcome of this game as we speak. He will have his orders very soon.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
At least he isn't one of the usual cast of characters.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 01:44 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Oh don't worry. I'm sure we'll hate him by 4pm on Sunday.

I hate him already! What kind of name is “Clete”? Sounds like a Steelers fan...
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 01:59 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Yep, I’m sure he’s already being “briefed” about the outcome of this game as we speak. He will have his orders very soon.

I wonder if the refs will called this one evenly. The Sunday night match up next week would look a lot better if The Bengals were 5-1 versus  Kansas City. We can only hope this is the case 
Reply/Quote
I remember Blakeman's crew as being fair.  Not perfect, but fair. I'll take this guy all day over some of the known old codger Steeler fan crews out there  Garfield
Reply/Quote
I'm sure the NFL has already told him, that if there is a personal foul, just say #55... even if we are on offense...Lol
Reply/Quote
Oh crap. Clete is a personal injury lawyer in Nebraska. Burfict is screwed.

Reply/Quote
Clete Blakeman is infinitely preferable to Ed Hochuli. At least Gene Steratore retired; I think he wore Roethlisberger pajamas under his referee jersey.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 02:49 PM)freezebowlbengal Wrote: I wonder if the refs will called this one evenly. The Sunday night match up next week would look a lot better if The Bengals were 5-1 versus  Kansas City. We can only hope this is the case 

I think you may be on to something here. It would be better for the almighty ratings gods if we had only one loss going into this game. Steelers aren’t getting much love this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 01:30 PM)pally Wrote: Clete Blakeman is the lucky man.  Hasn't worked a Bengals game since 2016.  Was the referee for Super Bowl 50 and last season's NFC Championship.  No glaring red flags.  Looks like the NFL has finally learned to put a top tier crew on for this game

I hope the refs do call all the cheap shots.  I think Bengals vs Steelers responsible for half the new penalties in NFL last few years.  These teams go out to injure each other for season. No matter who wins, they both lose as too banged up after these games to play next weeks. No, I don't want touch football, but I do want healthy players going into Kansas City next week.  This game got stupid and out of hand with players sending death threats off field.  The 2015 play-off game was a disgrace by players and fans in stands.  I hope the Refs ARE calling and throwing flags on cheap shots.  Fans may not like it, but we need Refs to clean up Bengals / Steelers games because the players don't have enough sense to. If left up to the players, both teams would end up so injured that their seasons would be done.  Steelers vs Bengals had turned into an ugly injury war over the years and a disgrace to football.  The players aren't smart enough to clean up this game, so I hope the Refs do. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 02:49 PM)freezebowlbengal Wrote: I wonder if the refs will called this one evenly. The Sunday night match up next week would look a lot better if The Bengals were 5-1 versus  Kansas City. We can only hope this is the case 

Hmmm... good pick up there.
Reply/Quote

For me these next couple games are the biggest test this season and could make or break this team. If we allow Ben to move around in the pocket and shred us we better get it fixed caused KC will eat us up. Will we learn and adjust if that happens or will we continue to struggle.
Reply/Quote
Ed Hochuli and John Parry are the worst active refs in this respect. Parry was the numbskull who in 2015 lost control of the regular season game then somehow got to do the playoff game and AGAIN lost control of the game primarily via turning a blind eye to multiple flagrant Steeler personal fouls including textbook spearing of Gio. Our guys finally lost it when they saw the Steelers were being allowed to do whatever they liked.

Hochuli has a long track record of both pro Steeler calls and preening himself in the process.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 08:56 PM)Joelist Wrote: Ed Hochuli and John Parry are the worst active refs in this respect. Parry was the numbskull who in 2015 lost control of the regular season game then somehow got to do the playoff game and AGAIN lost control of the game primarily via turning a blind eye to multiple flagrant Steeler personal fouls including textbook spearing of Gio. Our guys finally lost it when they saw the Steelers were being allowed to do whatever they liked.

Hochuli has a long track record of both pro Steeler calls and preening himself in the process.

Ed Hochuli retired after last year.  Years back, he was a good official, but went downhill the last 3 years.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 08:56 PM)Joelist Wrote: Ed Hochuli and John Parry are the worst active refs in this respect. Parry was the numbskull who in 2015 lost control of the regular season game then somehow got to do the playoff game and AGAIN lost control of the game primarily via turning a blind eye to multiple flagrant Steeler personal fouls including textbook spearing of Gio. Our guys finally lost it when they saw the Steelers were being allowed to do whatever they liked.

Wasn't the side judge or back judge of that game from Pittsburgh?
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 01:30 PM)pally Wrote: Clete Blakeman is the lucky man.  Hasn't worked a Bengals game since 2016.  Was the referee for Super Bowl 50 and last season's NFC Championship.  No glaring red flags.  Looks like the NFL has finally learned to put a top tier crew on for this game

Wasn't that the one where they gave it to the steelers over the Seahawks?  That was one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen.  Even the notoriously-biased PFT.com had a joke picture where the refs had gold and black striped uniforms.

That was a while ago, but still.  Puke.  
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 06:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Wasn't that the one where they gave it to the steelers over the Seahawks?  That was one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen.  Even the notoriously-biased PFT.com had a joke picture where the refs had gold and black striped uniforms.

That was a while ago, but still.  Puke.  

Bill Leavy was the head official for that game. He's stated on record as saying that he'll go to his grave wishing that he'd done better(for that game).

Super Bowl 50 was the Panthers/Broncos game.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 07:38 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Bill Leavy was the head official for that game. He's stated on record as saying that he'll go to his grave wishing that he'd done better(for that game).

Super Bowl 50 was the Panthers/Broncos game.

Ahhh.  My bad.  For some reason I thought the XL game was the steelers in Detroit (Bettis's hometown, of course)
Reply/Quote