Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunday's ref
(10-09-2018, 01:30 PM)pally Wrote: Clete Blakeman is the lucky man.  Hasn't worked a Bengals game since 2016.  Was the referee for Super Bowl 50 and last season's NFC Championship.  No glaring red flags.  Looks like the NFL has finally learned to put a top tier crew on for this game

Bengals fans need to resign themselves to the fact that the NFL is going to give the Steelers every possible chance to win. They have a multitude of fans who the league wants to keep involved. Them being down three games at this point in the season will alienate many of their bandwagon fans. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 08:02 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Bengals fans need to resign themselves to the fact that the NFL is going to give the Steelers every possible chance to win. They have a multitude of fans who the league wants to keep involved. Them being down three games at this point in the season will alienate many of their bandwagon fans. 

That's why we need to play smart, and clean.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 05:55 PM)kevin Wrote: I hope the refs do call all the cheap shots.  I think Bengals vs Steelers responsible for half the new penalties in NFL last few years.  These teams go out to injure each other for season. No matter who wins, they both lose as too banged up after these games to play next weeks. No, I don't want touch football, but I do want healthy players going into Kansas City next week.  This game got stupid and out of hand with players sending death threats off field.  The 2015 play-off game was a disgrace by players and fans in stands.  I hope the Refs ARE calling and throwing flags on cheap shots.  Fans may not like it, but we need Refs to clean up Bengals / Steelers games because the players don't have enough sense to. If left up to the players, both teams would end up so injured that their seasons would be done.  Steelers vs Bengals had turned into an ugly injury war over the years and a disgrace to football.  The players aren't smart enough to clean up this game, so I hope the Refs do. 

The Steelers had the refs in their pocket and would try to kill our guys. That is why the Bengals had to turn this into an ugly war to draw attention to the dirty refs and just to survive out there. The NFL then made the Burfict rule to try to control him so the Steelers could continue to win this match up. In the end it was Shazier hurting himself tackling our guy that finally drew the NFL attention and got the dirty refs kicked out of the league by being fired or being forced to retire. I hope they clean this game up and keep it in control because our guys should not be forced to fight for their lives in a football GAME.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 08:02 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Bengals fans need to resign themselves to the fact that the NFL is going to give the Steelers every possible chance to win. They have a multitude of fans who the league wants to keep involved. Them being down three games at this point in the season will alienate many of their bandwagon fans. 

This is a BS reason if their Steelers started losing their fans would stay loyal and the band wagon fans would move on to winning programs. If you are a football fan you will not just walk away from watching the games because your team is losing. Look at the 90's for the Bengals many of us lived thru that just not the Bengals band wagon fans.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 08:06 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: That's why we need to play smart, and clean.

Yes they have to ignore the noise, ignore the taunting, which you know the Steelers are going to be mouthing.

Who was the ref back in like 09 ? that called the roughing the passer on Justin Smith that cost us the game ?
Reply/Quote
Lol. Werdd

(10-09-2018, 01:30 PM)pally Wrote: Clete Blakeman is the lucky man. Hasn't worked a Bengals game since 2016. Was the referee for Super Bowl 50 and last season's NFC Championship. No glaring red flags. Looks like the NFL has finally learned to put a top tier crew on for this game
Reply/Quote
I expect the same steeler favoring calls. Idk if burfict will retaliate. But we dont have hot head adam jones, or quite a few players from 2015.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals play clean and smart against the squeelers at their own risk and likely detriment. 
The powers that be in the league pretty much forced them to play every bit as dirty as the squeelers.
When one team is permitted to play dirty and injure the other side with impunity it's really hard to expect your team to take the high road. 
I'd love for the league to make it a level playing field, but so far they've shown no inclination to do so with the exception of salary caps and alleged parity, but that's all nothing but lip service when you get right down to the nitty gritty. They've allowed a few teams to play by completely different rules than the rest of the league and expect the rest of the teams to just roll over with it. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 10:19 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes they have to ignore the noise, ignore the taunting, which you know the Steelers are going to be mouthing.

Who was the ref back in like 09 ? that called the roughing the passer on Justin Smith that cost us the game ?

'06 and that was Mike Carey; the reverse Chrome Dome.

(10-12-2018, 06:32 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I expect the same steeler favoring calls. Idk if burfict will retaliate. But we dont have hot head adam jones, or quite a few players from 2015.

On a completely different note, Adam's having a pretty good year thus far at CB (returning, he's awful).

Roby is playing like absolute crud though lol.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 11:28 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: '06 and that was Mike Carey; the reverse Chrome Dome.

On a completely different note, Adam's having a pretty good year thus far at CB (returning, he's awful).

Roby is playing like absolute crud though lol.

LOL, it all starts mingling together as you get older Truck. Gawd I was so pissed at that call ! Probably in the top 10 of pissed off games I've ever watched.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 12:03 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: LOL, it all starts mingling together as you get older Truck. Gawd I was so pissed at that call ! Probably in the top 10 of pissed off games I've ever watched.

Wasn't that the game against TB, where Justin Smith sacked the QB and got flagged for roughing the passer? I do believe that call, blew the playoffs for us also, if I am remembering correctly.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 12:03 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: LOL, it all starts mingling together as you get older Truck. Gawd I was so pissed at that call ! Probably in the top 10 of pissed off games I've ever watched.

No problem; that was the first game I ever, "watched," online, as I followed with updates on Yahoo sports.

I remember being pretty miffed as well, but I didn't see it; had I seen it, I would've lost my shit.

(10-12-2018, 01:12 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Wasn't that the game against TB, where Justin Smith sacked the QB and got flagged for roughing the passer? I do believe that call, blew the playoffs for us also, if I am remembering correctly.

Retroactively.

It was something like week 5 or 6, but had the stupid call not been that, we would've been in the playoffs and not needed to have the ridiculousness that was the final 3 weeks.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 04:17 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Oh crap. Clete is a personal injury lawyer in Nebraska. Burfict is screwed.

Maybe not. He should work out a deal with Burfict about supplying him with clients.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 06:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Wasn't that the one where they gave it to the steelers over the Seahawks?  That was one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen.  Even the notoriously-biased PFT.com had a joke picture where the refs had gold and black striped uniforms.

That was a while ago, but still.  Puke.  

Not sure if it was that game but, the last 3 games Blakeman has reffed for the Bengals (twice in '16, once in '17), they were the least penalized team all 3 games. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Has he had his conference with the Rooney family yet?
Reply/Quote