Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunday's referee
We have the Walt Coleman team. We haven't had them since the Texan game in Nov 2015 and before that, it was 2012. Therefore, not a lot of history with this crew. However, he is most famous for the Tom Brady, Tuck Rule game and the Lion's Thanksgiving game where he failed to correctly call the runner down thus allowing an 80 yd TD run. That also resulted in a 15-yard penalty on the Lion's coach for throwing the replay flag improperly.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Both teams have the same referee...so it's a non-factor.

Instead of focusing on external factors outside of their control like the refs, weather, etc...I hope the Bengals focus on playing well.
Reply/Quote
Sadly we have direct provable experience that the referees are not a non-factor. Just look at every game we have had John Parry as a ref in for the past few years - we always get loads of flags and the other team gets almost none.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As long as most of the calls go our way I'll deem the guy okay. If not, I'll hate his guts forever.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 05:39 PM)JumboTron Wrote: As long as most of the calls go our way I'll deem the guy okay.  If not, I'll hate his guts forever.

The correct standard is "were the calls correct"?
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 05:44 PM)Joelist Wrote: The correct standard is "were the calls correct"?

Irrelevant.  I own the right as a Bengals fan to believe any and all calls made against us are just another way for the NFL to keep us down.

Cool
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 03:38 PM)pally Wrote: We have the Walt Coleman team.  We haven't had them since the Texan game in Nov 2015 and before that, it was 2012.  Therefore, not a lot of history with this crew.  However, he is most famous for the Tom Brady, Tuck Rule game and the Lion's Thanksgiving game where he failed to correctly call the runner down thus allowing an 80 yd TD run.  That also resulted in a 15-yard penalty on the Lion's coach for throwing the replay flag improperly.

Those are two pretty monstrous plays right there in the history of the NFL.

Hope he just calls it like it is.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 05:05 PM)Joelist Wrote: Sadly we have direct provable experience that the referees are not a non-factor. Just look at every game we have had John Parry as a ref in for the past few years - we always get loads of flags and the other team gets almost none
Anybody that can't see that the NFL uses certain referees to "steer" certain games certain ways just doesn't watch much NFL football. That said, I doubt they care who wins this game since the "glory" teams are not in it, and the game will be called square....
Reply/Quote
Sunday's referee for #Bengals #Ravens is Walt Coleman. A head ref since 1999, Coleman has done 14 Bengals games. They are 4-10 in them.
Reply/Quote
I'm relatively certain every single fan base thinks every single referee is against their favorite team.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 03:38 PM)pally Wrote: We have the Walt Coleman team.  We haven't had them since the Texan game in Nov 2015 and before that, it was 2012.  Therefore, not a lot of history with this crew.  However, he is most famous for the Tom Brady, Tuck Rule game and the Lion's Thanksgiving game where he failed to correctly call the runner down thus allowing an 80 yd TD run.  That also resulted in a 15-yard penalty on the Lion's coach for throwing the replay flag improperly.

So he's incompetent.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
refs uniforms remind me of a jail cell. I wanna hurt somebody! And quit blowing on that damn whistle! Try something more soothing like a party favor or something. Damn!

Reply/Quote
I end up hating every ref every Sunday. Looking forward to opening day!!!!!

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
Layin' the groundwork for blaming the loss on the refs... Nice! Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Walt Coleman > Ed Hochuli > Gene Steratore
Reply/Quote
Surprised it's not Jeff Triplette.
I still remember when Jeff called BJGE run a TD when he was like clearly a half-yard short lol
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 03:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Both teams have the same referee...so it's a non-factor.

Instead of focusing on external factors outside of their control like the refs, weather, etc...I hope the Bengals focus on playing well.

I can point to so many cases where this isn't even close to being true.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 04:39 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I can point to so many cases where this isn't even close to being true.

You could just last season against the Steelers in our place.

BTW, i actually thought the refs were good in the Pats/Chiefs game. Surprised me.

Made me feel a lot better going into the season that game since the Chiefs kicked our ass in Preseason and the Pats
looked like they screwed up big time by not adding a few more pass rushers in the Offseason. The Pats will get it
together we all know that but Andy Reid shown how you beat them, with speed and we have that too.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 05:48 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Irrelevant.  I own the right as a Bengals fan to believe any and all calls made against us are just another way for the NFL to keep us down.

Cool

I reserve the right to believe all calls against us are bogus and all calls for us are just and righteous. There is NOTHING on my TV that says I have to go along with anything on it.. For that matter if I want to believe that I'm destined to win the next 50 power ball drawings I'm well within my rights.. That doesn't mean it's gonna happen and I'm not batshit crazy for thinking it.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote