Sunset's Jan 14th mock
Joe Burrow, QB LSU

33 Prince Tega Wanogho, OT Auburn

65 Troy Dye, LB Oregon

97 J.K. Dobbins, RB Ohio State

129 Michael Pittman Jr., WR USC

160 Marlon Davidson, EDGE Auburn

192 Davon Hamilton, IDL Ohio State

Can't get everything in one draft, but was able to vastly improve the offense, as well as solidify the front 7 on defense. Looks like we're stuck with our current DB stock, unless the addition of Dobbins makes Gio tradeable and the team makes an uncharacteristic trade.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Niiiiice. Hope dye is there. Love Pittman tho and Hamilton. Wish gio was tradeable especially if we get a stud like dobbins. Not sure anyone’s gonna wanna take on good contract tho. He’s wayyyyyy overpaid imo.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 12:37 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Niiiiice.  Hope dye is there.  Love Pittman tho and Hamilton.  Wish gio was tradeable especially if we get a stud like dobbins.  Not sure anyone’s gonna wanna take on good contract tho.  He’s wayyyyyy overpaid imo.

I'm not so sure that he's as overpaid as he is under/misused by the Bengals.  He's one hell of a personal protector for QB in shotgun, is a fantastic receiver with moves and burst, can still run the ball through any hole. (just don't feed him the rock 25 times per game, or you'll get him busted up)

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 08:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not so sure that he's as overpaid as he is under/misused by the Bengals.  He's one hell of a personal protector for QB in shotgun, is a fantastic receiver with moves and burst, can still run the ball through any hole. (just don't feed him the rock 25 times per game, or you'll get him busted up)

Agree with you on the pass pro as gio is tough as nails but imo gio is much of a threat with the ball in his hands anymore. I don’t see him break tackles like I always wanted him too and regardless of what his role
Is here and how much the bengals use him because of the he’s overpaid. We paid him like a top 15 bell cow and he’s a comp back he rarely touches the ball. He’s overpaid.
Reply/Quote
If Pittman lasted that long, I'd be thrilled!

But he's going in the second at the absolute latest.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 09:56 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: If Pittman lasted that long, I'd be thrilled!

Everyone keeps saying that this draft is loaded at WR, from top to bottom.  So, even if Pittman isn't there at that pick, that just means that another player graded higher than 5th round will be.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 09:56 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: If Pittman lasted that long, I'd be thrilled!

I don't know, I just tried it again, and there was Pittman at the top of the 5th again.

Quote:
  • 1Joe Burrow, QB LSU
  • 33 Austin Jackson, OT USC
  • 65 Troy Dye, LB Oregon
  • 97 Anfernee Jennings, EDGE Alabama
  • 129 Michael Pittman Jr., WR USC
  • 160 Jordan Fuller, S Ohio State
  • 192 Scott Frantz, OT Kansas State

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 12:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know, I just tried it again, and there was Pittman at the top of the 5th again.

Very interesting.

We shall see!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 12:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know, I just tried it again, and there was Pittman at the top of the 5th again.

I think the issue is more so the system being used than anything. My guess is they limit the amount of a specific position that can happen in a round as to not have insane runs, but it wouldn't be crazy to think 10 WR's could go in the first two rounds because this class is that good. All that said and you could still find a really good WR in the 5th.
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping, I know.....

We get a couple extra picks out of Dalton, Glenn, whoever. 3rd and a 5th or something ?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 01:29 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think the issue is more so the system being used than anything. My guess is they limit the amount of a specific position that can happen in a round as to not have insane runs, but it wouldn't be crazy to think 10 WR's could go in the first two rounds because this class is that good. All that said and you could still find a really good WR in the 5th.

There might be 10 WRs that merit a 1st or 2nd round grade, but I'd be shocked to see that many go in the first two rounds.  I'm of the line of thinking that teams will grab up the players at other positions that are more scarce, such as OT and LB, opening the door for many talented players to be perceived as "falling" for no apparent reason.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 03:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: There might be 10 WRs that merit a 1st or 2nd round grade, but I'd be shocked to see that many go in the first two rounds.  I'm of the line of thinking that teams will grab up the players at other positions that are more scarce, such as OT and LB, opening the door for many talented players to be perceived as "falling" for no apparent reason.

This is a really good tackle class as well. LB is pretty thin which makes me think you see one, maybe two, in the first round then it could go quiet until the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 03:47 PM)Au165 Wrote: This is a really good tackle class as well. LB is pretty thin which makes me think you see one, maybe two, in the first round then it could go quiet until the 3rd.

We can only hope that it's a good tackle class, as in recent years many of the top of the class tackles have simply not been ready to produce as NFL players.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 03:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: We can only hope that it's a good tackle class, as in recent years many of the top of the class tackles have simply not been ready to produce as NFL players.  

I'm not sure anyone from last year outside of Jonah would have been a top 5 tackle in this class.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 11:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Joe Burrow, QB LSU

33 Prince Tega Wanogho, OT Auburn

65 Troy Dye, LB Oregon

97 J.K. Dobbins, RB Ohio State

129 Michael Pittman Jr., WR USC

160 Marlon Davidson, EDGE Auburn

192 Davon Hamilton, IDL Ohio State

Can't get everything in one draft, but was able to vastly improve the offense, as well as solidify the front 7 on defense. Looks like we're stuck with our current DB stock, unless the addition of Dobbins makes Gio tradeable and the team makes an uncharacteristic trade.

Marlon Davidson is a dude I’m really high on that you don’t hear much about. Obviously his teammate DT Derrick Brown is unreal so he is overlooked. Seems the perfect 6’3” inside/outside guy we like here. I guess we have the new staff and all though. Also the Auburn connection... I wonder if that died out with Marvin? Auburn and Georgia have been very kind to us...

Here’s to hoping Marlon Davidson wears stripes! Probably a 5th round guy at the latest...but what do I know...
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 08:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not so sure that he's as overpaid as he is under/misused by the Bengals.  He's one hell of a personal protector for QB in shotgun, is a fantastic receiver with moves and burst, can still run the ball through any hole. (just don't feed him the rock 25 times per game, or you'll get him busted up)

Absolutely! Gio is a stud that is way underutilized. Always liked Gio. Some days I think he’s the best RB on this team. I know I will get slammed for making that statement. He has better vision, speed and may have better hands.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 08:52 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Agree with you on the pass pro as gio is tough as nails but imo gio is much of a threat with the ball in his hands anymore. I don’t see him break tackles like I always wanted him too and regardless of what his role
Is here and how much the bengals use him because of the he’s overpaid. We paid him like a top 15 bell cow and he’s a comp back he rarely touches the ball. He’s overpaid.

(01-17-2020, 02:22 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Absolutely! Gio is a stud that is way underutilized. Always liked Gio. Some days I think he’s the best RB on this team. I know I will get slammed for making that statement. He has better vision, speed and may have better hands.

Hahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaahahhahaahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahaha
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 01:21 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Hahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaahahhahaahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahaha

why all the "hahahah'?  Gio is still a very effective back.  He might not break those devastating runs and display quite as many moves as he once did, but he can carry the ball effectively when asked, and is still a supreme blocker.  Being a supreme blocker is worth money, in and within itself.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote