Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bold: Andy wins SB MVP
As far as bold predictions go for the 2015 season, this may be the "boldest" I've seen yet. One of the guys from CincyJungle gets his bold on in a big way, by predicting not only a Super Bowl win for the Bengals...but a SB MVP trophy for Andy...

Sure, it sounds absurd on the surface – and maybe it is. But if it’s not a bit outlandish, then it’s not really a "bold" prediction. Our latest in a series of bold predictions is Andy Dalton winning the Super Bowl MVP Award.

After all, Dalton has zero wins and four losses as a starting quarterback in the playoffs. Not to mention he owns an abysmal 57.8 quarterback rating in the playoffs, thanks to his six postseason interceptions and only one postseason touchdown.

You might think an anthropologist has a better chance of finding the fabled "missing link" between apes and men, than anyone has of earning a Super Bowl MVP award in the Dalton home. And based on Dalton’s postseason track record, who could blame you for thinking such a thing?

So what case could we possibly present in defense of the bold prediction that Andy Dalton will win the Super Bowl MVP Award?

Full Article

If nothing else, it's an entertaining read and interesting to think about as a hypothetical.

How would a SB victory and a SB MVP change the perception of Andy...with this fan base and the national media?
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 01:28 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: As far as bold predictions go for the 2015 season, this may be the "boldest" I've seen yet. One of the guys from CincyJungle gets his bold on in a big way, by predicting not only a Super Bowl win for the Bengals...but a SB MVP trophy for Andy...

Sure, it sounds absurd on the surface – and maybe it is. But if it’s not a bit outlandish, then it’s not really a "bold" prediction. Our latest in a series of bold predictions is Andy Dalton winning the Super Bowl MVP Award.

After all, Dalton has zero wins and four losses as a starting quarterback in the playoffs. Not to mention he owns an abysmal 57.8 quarterback rating in the playoffs, thanks to his six postseason interceptions and only one postseason touchdown.

You might think an anthropologist has a better chance of finding the fabled "missing link" between apes and men, than anyone has of earning a Super Bowl MVP award in the Dalton home. And based on Dalton’s postseason track record, who could blame you for thinking such a thing?

So what case could we possibly present in defense of the bold prediction that Andy Dalton will win the Super Bowl MVP Award?

Full Article

If nothing else, it's an entertaining read and interesting to think about as a hypothetical.

How would a SB victory and a SB MVP change the perception of Andy...with this fan base and the national media?

Nothing would change. It would be because of the team around him and a "lucky streak".

Screw that guy, he's still got red hair after all.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 01:37 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Nothing would change. It would be because of the team around him and a "lucky streak".

His average salary per year would go up several mil....

And the biggest change is would marvin really walk away afterwards?
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 01:37 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Nothing would change. It would be because of the team around him and a "lucky streak".

I'm not sure anything would change either. Guys like Eli and Flacco have SB rings and still take a lot of grief from their own fanbases, although they do tend to fair much better with the national media. And of course, neither of them really had the same stigma/perception that Andy has as far as failing in big game situations.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 01:48 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'm not sure anything would change either. Guys like Eli and Flacco have SB rings and still take a lot of grief from their own fanbases, although they do tend to fair much better with the national media. And of course, neither of them really had the same stigma/perception that Andy has as far as failing in big game situations.

Nope eli just fails alot in the regular season and fails to see the postseason most years.

Flacco did have a great postseason run his SB year but the years before didnt shine to bright himself.

I dont even think they are listing Big Ben in the"elite" category.... anymore at least.
Reply/Quote
I found this bit interesting:

Quote:Dalton gets knocked for his playoff interceptions, but if you take out his rookie year, he only has a 2.6% interception rate during the last three years. This is actually better than his regular season interception rate of 3.3% during the same span. Despite being without his top wide receiver, his second wide receiver, his top tight end, and his second tight end, Dalton managed to attempt 35 passes in the playoffs last year with no interceptions. It was the first year he had played a postseason game without an interception, and considering the lack of a supporting cast, there is something to be said for that. It’s a positive step.

Less than 6 percent of Dalton’s career starts are in the postseason, but more than 9 percent of his total sacks are in the post season. He is getting sacked at a much higher rate in the playoffs. But improved play from the offensive line should help that. Using their top two draft picks this year on the offensive line should provide depth by the time the playoffs roll around if Andre Smith or another lineman falls to injury.

Dalton has been getting better at protecting the football in the playoffs, but we need more plays. We've been ineffective both running and passing the football. Better blocking (both run and pass) would help. So would some turnovers from our defense.

We need to get better everywhere, period.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
As for how the perception of Dalton would change, I think most would begin to view him among the best Bengals QB's of all-time.

Of course, there's a few that would never give him props though. They'd just say that Dalton finally stopped holding the team back and let his play makers make all the plays.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 01:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Nope eli just fails alot in the regular season and fails to see the postseason most years.

Flacco did have a great postseason run his SB year but the years before didnt shine to bright himself.

I dont even think they are listing Big Ben in the"elite" category.... anymore at least.

Yeah, I wasn't making a case for Eli or Flacco, only saying that headlines/perceptions surrounding AD are much more critical and focused on his failings.

As for Andy himself, I'm sort of indifferent on him right now. I was a big supporter at one time, but that sort of faded into "I root for him because he's our QB". 

I hope like hell that he, and the entire team, can finally get a playoff win. I think once they get over that hurdle...anything's possible.
Reply/Quote
IF the Bengals win the SB it will be because Dalton played well and/or above his expectations...So, I personally can see him getting the SB MVP. Put it this way...everyone here says that Dalton is keeping us from winning a SB, so, If we do, then he would be the most likely reason that we do win one
Reply/Quote
Yeah, it's not as bold as saying the team will actually win the thing.

Because if they do, he's the best guess for the "MVP".
Reply/Quote
I bet there have been many Playstations in the Cincinnati area where Andy won the Super Bowl MVP award while the rest of the Bengals were celebrating their SB victory.

It's not the most crazy prediction, the author didn't say that video games aren't included here, did he?
Reply/Quote
I would be happy with just one good playoff game from Andy.
Reply/Quote
I just want them to win the Super Bowl. I don't care who the MVP is or what anyone's perception is of Andy after that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As a Bengals fan I always hope every single player from the big names down to the last guy on the roster has a superb and stellar season. Even players some people love to hate should be rooted for to have the best season of their careers simply because they play for the Cincinnati Bengals.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Who Dey!!!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 03:03 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I bet there have been many Playstations in the Cincinnati area where Andy won the Super Bowl MVP award while the rest of the Bengals were celebrating their SB victory.

It's not the most crazy prediction, the author didn't say that video games aren't included here, did he?

XBox, but, yes. I love watching Marvin lift the trophy amidst all the confetti. Sigh.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
This is pleasant fiction isn't it?
Reply/Quote
Super duper pooper scooper bold: AJ McCarron wins SB MVP
Reply/Quote
My bold prediction for the year:

Scarlett Johansson and Kate Upton show up naked on my doorstop. They were having a "who's hornier" contest and they spilled massage oil all over themselves. Then they ask if they can use my shower.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 01:28 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: As far as bold predictions go for the 2015 season, this may be the "boldest" I've seen yet. One of the guys from CincyJungle gets his bold on in a big way, by predicting not only a Super Bowl win for the Bengals...but a SB MVP trophy for Andy...

Full Article

From the article:
Quote:PRIOR TRACK RECORD OF QBS WITH BAD POST-SEASONS EARLY IN THEIR CAREER WHO GOT BETTER

The most famous example of this is Peyton Manning, who started his playoff career with an 0-3 start and with a QB Rating as low as 31.2 is his third post-season attempt. But, consider for all that is made about Tom Brady and his Super Bowl accolades, it wasn’t until his sixth post season game that he finally topped a QB Rating higher than 86.2. Phillip Rivers only once threw more touchdowns than interceptions in his first five playoff appearances, and Eli Manning had a forgettable 113 yard performance in his first playoff game with three interceptions and a 35.0 QB Rating. Redemption is possible after a rough start to a playoff career, and perhaps Dalton is next.

That information sounds familiar. Where have I heard it before? Hmmmmmmmm.[Image: hmmm.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote