Poll: Who would you think/want to win if all the predictions turn out to be true?
Think Packers, Want Packers
Think Packers, Want Patriots
Think Patriots, Want Packers
Think Patriots, Want Patriots
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl 50: Packers vs Patriots
(11-09-2015, 04:30 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: Yes., I have watched those  teams. Not convincing wins are still wins. The only teams that won today that weren't a fantastic bizarre surprise were the Steelers and Giants.

?????

Vikings won even though the Rams took a dirty shot at Teddy. They were very much in control of that game.
Bills got healthy and destroyed the Dolphins.
The Jets beat the Jags.
Panthers destroyed the Packers but almost allowed a comeback.

Why are you so high on the Giants? That's my biggest question. What makes you think they're a real contender?
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 03:47 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: ?????

Vikings won even though the Rams took a dirty shot at Teddy. They were very much in control of that game.
Bills got healthy and destroyed the Dolphins.
The Jets beat the Jags.
Panthers destroyed the Packers but almost allowed a comeback.

Why are you so high on the Giants? That's my biggest question. What makes you think they're a real contender?

You are missing my generalization. The fact is too many games this week ended with the team winning tgat shouldn't have. The teams with injuries and starting  back ups  won on a majority level. The Rams game was a pickem. The Jets had a bunch o injuries before  and during game. Lol at San Fran winning.
  The point is the majority  of sucky teams all won the same day.  
  The Giants are the only team in their division with a valid  starting QB. They will be in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 02:45 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: You are missing my generalization. The fact is too many games this week ended with the team winning tgat shouldn't have. The teams with injuries and starting  back ups  won on a majority level. The Rams game was a pickem. The Jets had a bunch o injuries before  and during game. Lol at San Fran winning.
  The Giants are the only team in their division with a valid  starting QB. They will be in the playoffs.

For the love of God, I hope the NY Giants NEVER make it to the SB again. At least not in the Eli Manning era.  :snark:
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 02:45 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: You are missing my generalization. The fact is too many games this week ended with the team winning tgat shouldn't have. The teams with injuries and starting  back ups  won on a majority level. The Rams game was a pickem. The Jets had a bunch o injuries before  and during game. Lol at San Fran winning.

What teams shouldn't have won? The 49ers and Titans? Even the Colts?
Things like that happen. And the Jets are fine.

What sucky teams won? 49ers, Colts, and Titans. Even the Colts aren't that bad.

So there were 2 teams that were surprises, and everyone else won that was expected.

Giants haven't beaten the Eagles, their only threat in that division.
The Giants also have the worst defense in the NFL.

I still see no reason why you think they're better than the Cardinals or Panthers in any way, shape, or form.
Reply/Quote
From an article....I'm on my phone and can't quote well lol. So just letting you know it's not my words.....

That’s been the case this year as the Giants, while dead last in the NFL in total defense, lead the league in takeaways (13 interceptions and eight fumble recoveries).
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 03:11 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: When you say top 2...let me make that clearer. The Cards  OR the Panthers  might make it to a conference championship game but will lose anyway.
   The Steelers,Broncos,Packers,Giants are Better options

Literally none of the options you mentioned are better than the previous two. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 12:13 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Literally none of the options you mentioned are better than the previous two. 

The season  has more than 10 weeks of course.

Do you forget every year that it never ends how you thought  half way through?  
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 01:33 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: The season  has more than 10 weeks of course.

Do you forget every year that it never ends how you thought  half way through?  

None of that is a reasonable explanation for your previous claim.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 04:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: None of that is a reasonable explanation for your previous claim.

It's more than a reasonable explanation.
  Look at over all stats,the Steelers are reasonably competitive with everyone else and obviously have beaten teams while not even at full strength and will beat the Browns and barely lost to Bengals.
  How is it not a valid explanation to say the Giants should win the division being the only actual starting qb team?
   You shouldn't expect injured and less experienced teams to win. Sure,it will be interesting and down to the wire but  Stafford, and Cassell and the redskins back up aren't even as good as Dilfer was lol. It's the Giants divison to take 

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 12:13 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Literally none of the options you mentioned are better than the previous two. 

Point blank: yes they are ...and they will be
Reply/Quote
It's too much of a long shot for the Steelers to make a comeback. Broncos and Packers have a chance, but both teams are extremely boring options. The Giants....F the Giants. I suppose they could make a run for it, but for the love of God, I hope they don't. Doesnt really seem likely either way.

Cards are looking good. Panthers are looking solid as hell. Them dropping off at this point is about as likely as the Jets picking it up and making a run for it. (At least that's the case for the Panthers)
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 07:45 AM)Adamantium Wrote: It's too much of a long shot for the Steelers to make a comeback. Broncos and Packers have a chance, but both teams are extremely boring options. The Giants....F the Giants. I suppose they could make a run for it, but for the love of God, I hope they don't. Doesnt really seem likely either way.

Cards are looking good. Panthers are looking solid as hell. Them dropping off at this point is about as likely as the Jets picking it up and making a run for it. (At least that's the case for the Panthers)
Go look at the Ravens season with Dilfer when they made it to a super bowl. The Steelers are  much better than a long shot.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 04:20 PM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: Go look at the Ravens season with Dilfer when they made it to a super bowl. The Steelers are  much better than a long shot.

Not the same teams... The steelers are gonna have to win more games without ben.

While they were surprising successful @ 2-2 the second team to face Landry figured out how to beat them... Other teams will follow suit.

it will depend how they do without ben... and who they have left on the schedule

Broncos
Colts
Seahawks
Cleveland x2
Ravens
Bengals

Not in that order.... but they dont have an easy ride to the finish.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 03:10 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: It's more than a reasonable explanation.
  Look at over all stats,the Steelers are reasonably competitive with everyone else and obviously have beaten teams while not even at full strength and will beat the Browns and barely lost to Bengals.
  How is it not a valid explanation to say the Giants should win the division being the only actual starting qb team?
   You shouldn't expect injured and less experienced teams to win. Sure,it will be interesting and down to the wire but  Stafford, and Cassell and the redskins back up aren't even as good as Dilfer was lol. It's the Giants divison to take 

It's not reasonable because you said they were "better" options. They're not better options when they have more holes and are not playing as well as the two teams mentioned. 

Fact

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 03:12 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: Point blank: yes they are ...and they will be

You're either dreaming or trolling. 

Either way, no they won't. 

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 03:10 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: It's more than a reasonable explanation.

Redskins are better off with Cousins than RGIII he is the starter now... and has been all season so hes not a backup. Not sure why you mention Stafford who does not play in the NFCE (he plays for the lions) only team missing their starting QB is the cowboys...
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 05:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Redskins are better off with Cousins than RGIII he is the starter now... and has been all season so hes not a backup.  Not sure why you mention Stafford who does not play in the NFCE (he plays for the lions)  only team missing their starting QB is the cowboys...

I'm sorry,I meant the Rams QB.
 Cousins is a  back up no matter how you want to define it. (and i'm still picking Redskins to beat Saints this week)
 The only long term experience QB in the division is Manning.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 05:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You're either dreaming or trolling. 

Either way, no they won't. 

having a diffrerent view and opinion isnt trolling.

its just sports talk. You dont think Pitt and NY will be involved. Now you just need to wait and find out what happens.
NY leads their division. How can they not have a chance?
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 04:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Not the same teams...  The steelers are gonna have to win more games without ben.

While they were surprising successful @ 2-2 the second team to face Landry figured out how to beat them...   Other teams will follow suit.

it will depend how they do without ben... and who they have left on the schedule

Broncos
Colts
Seahawks
Cleveland x2
Ravens
Bengals

Not in that order....  but they dont have an easy ride to the finish.

dude, google the news. They play Cleveland and then have a bye. Ben will be back for the games in 2 weeks and theyll beat Cleveland without him
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 07:06 PM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: having a diffrerent view and opinion isnt trolling.

its just sports talk. You dont think Pitt and NY will be involved. Now you just need to wait and find out what happens.
NY leads their division. How can they not have a chance?

Never said they didn't have a chance in their division. You said they were better options than Arizona and Carolina. They're not. 

They've been New England's kryptonite recently but they don't have the defense they've had in past games, so while i'd love them to beat the Patriots this week, it would be a monumental task because of how bad their defense is.

Pitt can't stay healthy and they don't have near the defense they're used to.

To expect either of them to do as they've done in the past, this year, is a very long shot. Anyone can just pick a team and say "wait and see". 

And just so it doesn't get glossed over since i said it in the beginning, you said those teams "better options" than Arizona and Carolina.

Reply/Quote