Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Super Bowl Memory
(02-08-2016, 12:18 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: That time the Denver D kicked Cam Newton's ass ThumbsUp

That was fun.  I didn't think they would have THAT easy a game against him...but after that sack, strip, fumble, TD Cam seemed to lose his energy.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
Jacoby Jones opening the second half with a kick off return TD.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 02:12 PM)McC Wrote: Those few moments after Stanford Jennings' kickoff return when I briefly thought we had a chance to win one of those things.

This is mine......damn, 34 seconds away......

Watching the Bucs and the Saints win one would be right behind it though....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 01:10 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: This is mine......damn, 34 seconds away......

Watching the Bucs and the Saints win one would be right behind it though....

I kind of felt the same way about Elway. After the three times he'd been there before, basically carrying the team on his back, only to get dominated (and humiliated) each and every time, it was nice to see him finally win one. I don't like the Bills, but had they won on that fourth attempt, I would have been happy for them as well. And, they would have beaten Dallas, so bonus.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 10:30 AM)GMDino Wrote: I thoroughly enjoyed that too as I am NO fan of Jeff fisher and never have been.

How can you not be a fan of that stash?
Reply/Quote
Derrick Brooks pick 6 against the Raiders. Lived in Tampa for 5 years prior to that Superbowl.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 08:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How can you not be a fan of that stash?

Always came across as very arrogant to me.  Was nice to see him lose!  LOL!
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 07:18 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I kind of felt the same way about Elway.  After the three times he'd been there before, basically carrying the team on his back, only to get dominated (and humiliated) each and every time, it was nice to see him finally win one.  I don't like the Bills, but had they won on that fourth attempt, I would have been happy for them as well.  And, they would have beaten Dallas, so bonus.

Yeah....agreed.  Elway won one for the Vikings and the Bills too....sort of.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 07:18 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I kind of felt the same way about Elway.  After the three times he'd been there before, basically carrying the team on his back, only to get dominated (and humiliated) each and every time, it was nice to see him finally win one.  I don't like the Bills, but had they won on that fourth attempt, I would have been happy for them as well.  And, they would have beaten Dallas, so bonus.

(02-09-2016, 07:36 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah....agreed.  Elway won one for the Vikings and the Bills too....sort of.

Ugh.  I disliked Elway from the time he was drafted and bitched until he was traded to the Broncos.  Watching him fail brought me great, great joy when I was a younger man.

Up until about 1992 or 93 I had a book of stats and he was mediocre at best when compared to the truly great QB's.  Sadly he got a RB to get him over the top and now I have to see his horseface every time the Broncos play instead of just reading about how he screwed up his personal life so bad he is his own personal Jerry Springer episode!

Yeah...I don't like him.   Smirk
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 09:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: Ugh.  I disliked Elway from the time he was drafted and bitched until he was traded to the Broncos.  Watching him fail brought me great, great joy when I was a younger man.

Up until about 1992 or 93 I had a book of stats and he was mediocre at best when compared to the truly great QB's.  Sadly he got a RB to get him over the top and now I have to see his horseface every time the Broncos play instead of just reading about how he screwed up his personal life so bad he is his own personal Jerry Springer episode!

Yeah...I don't like him.   Smirk

Not the biggest fan, but dude was clutch, and he did carry those early Bronco teams on his back.  His stats aren't the tell all.....the scrambling, the laser beams, he was a good QB, the rest of those teams weren't that good.

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 12:41 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Not the biggest fan, but dude was clutch, and he did carry those early Bronco teams on his back.  His stats aren't the tell all.....the scrambling, the laser beams, he was a good QB, the rest of those teams weren't that good.

Not to mention the way he ****** over Cleveland twice LOL
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 10:10 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Not to mention the way he ***** over Cleveland twice LOL

TWICE..... LMAO

Reply/Quote
How about Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction?  Hellz ya!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2016, 01:46 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: How about Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction?  Hellz ya!

I watched that game but missed that part.  We didn't attend a party that year and I was at my computer messing around and someone else told me about it...but it was too late.

Sad
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2016, 02:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: I watched that game but missed that part.  We didn't attend a party that year and I was at my computer messing around and someone else told me about it...but it was too late.

I saw it.  But it flashed away so quickly, I really didn't know what I saw until a commercial popped up.  I looked around at everyone and asked, did I just see what I thought I saw?  No one believed me until later on.  I got better eyes than I thought!  LOL! 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2016, 01:46 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: How about Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction?  Hellz ya!

It was a great day for America.

(02-10-2016, 04:11 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I saw it.  But it flashed away so quickly, I really didn't know what I saw until a commercial popped up.  I looked around at everyone and asked, did I just see what I thought I saw?  No one believed me until later on.  I got better eyes than I thought!  LOL! 

You should always record the SB, becuase you just never know. I was watching with family at my mom's house. Some were watching the halftime show, some weren't, but everyone managed to miss it. The game ended and my son and I went home. Later that night, I was flipping around the tv and came across the story of what happened and fired up the DVR. Good times.
Reply/Quote
My favorite was when billups intercepted Montana to seal the win. Oh yeah he dropped it an we lost.
Reply/Quote
Joe Flacco holding up the Lombardi.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
18-0 Patriots losing.

Elway winning. (I lived in Denver in the early 90's)

Peyton's first win.

Stanford Jennings KR td.
Reply/Quote
BTW my first big Super Bowl memory was Garo Yepremians' comedy act against the Redskins. His FG attempt was blocked and he picked up the ball. He tried to throw a pass, but the ball just popped out of his hand. A Redskin player (Hamburger?) recovered and returned it for a td. It was a big 10 point swing on one play, but the Skins still got their buyss kicked. i think that was their only td of the game.
Reply/Quote