SF 49ers
33.33%
3 33.33%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl 54, two weeks pregame thread. General banter etc
SB history has shown. High scoring offenses bite the dust.
Vs number 1 defenses.
Take the under for this game.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 01:21 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: SB history has shown. High scoring offenses  bite the dust.
Vs number 1 defenses.
Take the under for this game.

KC actually has the better scoring defense.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 03:01 AM)J24 Wrote: KC actually has the better scoring defense.

I just looked.
When you break down each stat individually. 
Kc is the lesser/ weaker team. Somehow, over all, they are 7th and SF is 8th.
But thats pointless, silly, irrelevant. 
In this match up, kc is the weaker team from top to bottom.
A they have is Mahomes. 
It will be far less than enough  
Reply/Quote
Who is covering Hill?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 06:56 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Who is covering Hill?

Entirely irrelevant  on the whole.
He can be uncovered as long as Mahomes  is busy being harassed.

Mahomes is a young Marino or Elway in this scenario .
24 years old and not ready to be counted  on in the biggest game 
Reply/Quote
Gonna be an incredible game
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Agree with BPat. I think it's going to be a great game. My wife loved the Colts till Peyton was canned. Then she lost all interest in football. With me dragging her out to the mancave because friends are coming over, she has swayed towards liking the kid Mahomes. I don't even give a darn why, I just like her getting interested in football and watching it with me. Good Lord, what have I become? Anyway, bought her a Mahomes jersey this week and hoping it will be delivered before SB. She will love it, but ***** me out for it because, well, it's just what wives do. She will say it wasn't worth the cash.

So for that reason alone, I chose KC. Yet, I'm very impressed with 49ers defense. I called 49ers vs Ravens in the SB. I was wrong.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 09:57 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Gonna be an incredible game

I'll see your great, and raise you a " boring  as  f__k".
You'll be bored . It's going to be a dog fight. Not a score fest. Like last year
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 12:30 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: I'll see your great, and raise you a " boring  as  f__k".
You'll be bored . It's going to be a dog fight. Not a score fest. Like last year

I'm a Ravens fan. I find defense to be enjoyable to watch. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
For some reason I don't like Garappalo at all, so I have to pick the Chiefs. It's Mahomes time, the other great QBs are old. Only stud QBs are allowed to win superbowls in succession, otherwise, Garappalo will be a one off. He is an expensive man joe flacco, has a great team around him that perhaps several other QBs in the league could have taken to this point.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 09:08 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm a Ravens fan. I find defense to be enjoyable to watch. 

Of course you do.
But KC fans won't lol.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 12:00 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: For some reason I don't like Garappalo at all, so I have to pick the Chiefs. It's Mahomes time, the other great QBs are old. Only stud QBs are allowed to win superbowls in succession, otherwise, Garappalo will be a one off. He is an expensive man joe flacco, has a great team around him that perhaps several other QBs in the league could have taken to this point.

Sports histohistory  says Mahomes loses. Like young Elway and Young Marino. He's the teams only strength,  compared  to niners.
Garoppolo wasn't even needed to win the last game and he's proven already thst he can complete  passes.
He's 28 and been to 2 super bowls as a student.
Mahomes  is 24 and has no clue what's about to hit him
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 11:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 11:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Agree with BPat. I think it's going to be a great game. My wife loved the Colts till Peyton was canned. Then she lost all interest in football. With me dragging her out to the mancave because friends are coming over, she has swayed towards liking the kid Mahomes. I don't even give a darn why, I just like her getting interested in football and watching it with me. Good Lord, what have I become? Anyway, bought her a Mahomes jersey this week and hoping it will be delivered before SB. She will love it, but ***** me out for it because, well, it's just what wives do. She will say it wasn't worth the cash.

So for that reason alone, I chose KC. Yet, I'm very impressed with 49ers defense. I called 49ers vs Ravens in the SB. I was wrong.

Let's hope Joe Burrow is a stud (and drafted by us) so ya'll can watch a Bengals game together some day.

Also to Reuben: I didn't realize the 49ers signed Jimmy to a massive contract already, what the heck had he accomplished to deserve such a contact like that. However that aside at least they paid him the big money before he took them to a Super Bowl, rather than after it.
Reply/Quote
Quote:Also to Reuben: I didn't realize the 49ers signed Jimmy to a massive contract already, what the heck had he accomplished to deserve such a contact like that. However that aside at least they paid him the big money before he took them to a Super Bowl, rather than after it.

He played for NE and wa a backup to Tom Brady. They were reaching. He's not bad, but he aint great either. He will possibly win a SB and may be his last. Like Flacco. Defense wins SB's and he has a great one.

Reply/Quote
These teams will cancel each other out. It will be under 50 points.
Shanahan will not let a SB 51 happen to him again
Reply/Quote
I think niners win because KC has demonstrated goign down big and needing luck to come back (as good as Mahomes is, that is still luck). Passing games show inconsistency, you keep the ball out of the best QBs hands - you may win. So 49ers are Chiefs kryptonite.
Reply/Quote
In a hour or two, is all the bravado and pageantry and interview stuff
Reply/Quote
Silly people...

Mahomes is going to shred. Take it to the bank. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2020, 03:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Silly people...

Mahomes is going to shred. Take it to the bank. 

He's 24 and never been there before. He's not ready.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 06:34 PM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: I just looked.
When you break down each stat individually. 
Kc is the lesser/ weaker team. Somehow, over all, they are 7th and SF is 8th.
But thats pointless, silly, irrelevant. 
In this match up, kc is the weaker team from top to bottom.
A they have is Mahomes. 
It will be far less than enough  

I'm assuming you meant all they have is Mahomes? Are you serious? These guys are stacked and their defense is much better than it was last year, and even better than it was at the start of this one. Plus, the key factor. The have Andy. The good Andy!  Joe

Reply/Quote