Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl Commercials?
The commercials used to be better than the actual game!

What happened?

There were a few strings with some decent commercials, like the Will Ferrell commercial, but they've sucked for the most part and seem like a normal night's commercials.

Anybody else mad about that?!
Reply/Quote
The Paramount commercials have been the best. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2021, 10:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The Paramount commercials have been the best. 

Yeah those were pretty good.  I kind of liked the Drake in State Farm one too.
Reply/Quote
The Super Bowl has been the only game where I watch the commercials since I've had TiVo (1999). Last year was the last time. This year I skipped every commercial. If there's anything worth seeing I'm sure I'll hear about it. I'm not going to waste my time being lectured by billionaires.
Reply/Quote
They were not very good this year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Underwhelming at best.
Reply/Quote
The quality has been going downhill for years.
Reply/Quote
Tracy Morgan for rocket mortgage was good... will Ferrell was ok... everything else wasn’t very memorable.
Reply/Quote
I agree with others that the commercials in general aren't all that good. I did like the Bud Light commercial where the beer truck had the accident. Not that it was a very good commercial or anything, but it brought back some old faces. Dr. Galakowitz was a good character from a commercial roughly 25 years ago.
Reply/Quote
The one's I liked that I can remember:

The Wayne's World spot

The Shaggy/Ashton Kutcher/Mila Kunis Cheetos commercial (Would have been better if Ashton actually sang his lines instead of just saying them)

The Tracy Morgan pretty sure commercial.

The random Paramount+ ones were kind of okay

The Will Farrell Sweden one was kind of funny.

Oh yeah the M&M's commercial was saved by Daniel Levy kidnapping the red M&M.

Jason Alexander sweatshirt was more weird than funny, but I liked it, same with the Matthew McCounoughey flat commercial.

I was astonished at Miracle-Glo's ability to not only pay for a Super Bowl Commercial, but also pay for John Travolta, Martha Stewart, and Kyle Busch. (Oh and Stanley from the office).

Also I probably only remember half of these because we went through my recording this morning and rewatched all the commercials as I missed the start of the game.
Reply/Quote
The Wayne's World wouldn't have been bad just because it brought back memories of childhood, but was it me or did they look disgustingly old? Seriously, I almost had to look away because I thought it was going to be some aging ad or about some disease.

I thought I remembered them doing something similar recently and, while they looked old, they didn't look anywhere near as bad as they did in that commercial.

They almost looked like people going through chemotherapy that just hadn't lost their hair or weight.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2021, 09:55 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: The Wayne's World wouldn't have been bad just because it brought back memories of childhood, but was it me or did they look disgustingly old?  Seriously, I almost had to look away because I thought it was going to be some aging ad or about some disease.  

I thought I remembered them doing something similar recently and, while they looked old, they didn't look anywhere near as bad as they did in that commercial.

They almost looked like people going through chemotherapy that just hadn't lost their hair or weight.

Garth didn't look to bad but maybe it was all the hair. Mike Myers is looking pretty old though. Makes me want to see a Wayne's World 3 anyways lol
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2021, 11:36 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Garth didn't look to bad but maybe it was all the hair. Mike Myers is looking pretty old though. Makes me want to see a Wayne's World 3 anyways lol

Same....... they’d find a way to make it funny lol.

Garth didn’t look too bad...... just a little aged, which his face wasn’t too bad except when they did closeups or the wind through his hair.

Maybe I’m being overly-critical since I saw it for the first time with my childhood best friend and it was always such an iconic film to me.
Reply/Quote
The ads were craptastic...
Reply/Quote