Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl Eagles vs Chefs
I was listening to "Moving the Chains yesterday and heard Jim and Pat talking about last year's Super Bowl, with apparent certainty, that I had not heard before. Maybe I just missed it. Apparently, there was a new field brought in to "State Farm" stadium for the game. The field was purposely overwatered, then the roof on the stadium was kept closed. Then, once the crowd started arriving, the humidity in the stadium went up even more, meaning the field had no chance to dry out. They very matter of fact stated this is why the Eagles vaunted D-line had no sacks against a hobbled Mahomes. They were discussing it as a fact and not a conspiracy theory. I have not heard this before, but it makes sense. Did I just miss this? Did State Farm just make it easier for their spokesman to be the victor?
Reply/Quote
The field was a huge talking point after the game. I highly doubt there was a conspiracy here as field conditions affect both teams. Why would State Farm want a slippery field for their golden boy who is trying to play through a high ankle sprain? It definitely affected the Chiefs as well.

I would attribute it to incompetence, not some ulterior motive.
Reply/Quote
I have no clue what happened. Interesting theory, but I have no way of knowing what really happened.
It would be foolish for me to start making assumptions and take sides (knowing what little I do know).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote