Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl Golden Team chosen
http://www.wtae.com/sports/super-bowl-golden-team-chosen-steelers-lead-the-way-with-7-members/37687384?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=FBPAGE&utm_campaign=WTAE-TV%20Pittsburgh

Quote:CANTON, Ohio —Joe Montana, Joe Greene and Emmitt Smith are among the 22 Pro Football Hall of Famers voted to the Super Bowl 50 Golden Team. (Scroll down to see the full roster.)

The squad was selected by voters for the Hall of Fame inductions. It features one player who won five Super Bowl titles, defensive end Charles Haley, and 10 who earned four rings: Montana, Greene, Ronnie Lott, Franco Harris, Lynn Swann, Mike Webster, Mel Blount, Jack Ham, Jack Lambert and Adam Vinatieri, the only unanimous selection and only active player.

And the coach of the team, Chuck Noll, took four championships with Pittsburgh, which had seven players selected.

Also chosen were Hall of Famers Jerry Rice, Art Shell, Gene Upshaw, Reggie White, Randy White, Deion Sanders, Lawrence Taylor, Forrest Gregg, Ray Guy and Larry Allen.

Others selected were Jay Novacek, Jake Scott, Ray Lewis and Desmond Howard.

Three players also won regular-season MVP awards: Montana, Smith and Taylor.

"The Super Bowl 50 Golden Team is an amazing list of incredible individuals," said Pro Football Hall of Fame Executive Vice President Joe Horrigan. "Each name conjures up memories of some of the sport's greatest games showcased on its biggest platform: the Super Bowl stage.

"Unforgettable individual performances like Lynn Swann's acrobatic catches in Super Bowl 10 or Joe Montana's come-from-behind winning drive in Super Bowl 23 are forever etched in the collective memories of football fans and celebrated as some of the most inspiring moments in the history of the National Football League."

The roster:

OFFENSE

Joe Montana, QB; Jay Novacek, TE; Emmitt Smith, Franco Harris, RB; Lynn Swann, Jerry Rice, WR; Mike Webster, C; Art Shell, Forrest Gregg, T; Gene Upshaw, Larry Allen, G.

DEFENSE

Reggie White. Charles Haley, DE; Joe Greene, Randy White, DT; Lawrence Taylor, Jack Ham, OLB; Ray Lewis, Jack Lambert, ILB; Mel Blount, Deion Sanders, CB; Ronnie Lott, Jake Scott, S.

SPECIAL TEAMS

Adam Vinatieri, PK; Ray Guy, P; Desmond Howard, KR.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
So it is memorable super bowl performances not the greatest at each position to play in the super bowl?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 10:47 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So it is memorable super bowl performances not the greatest at each position to play in the super bowl?

I don't even think it is that.  What did Deion do in the Super Bowl?

After hearing them talk about it on the radio today I thought it was limited to HOF members...but Ray  Ray isn't in yet.  (I didn't go back and look at the rest.  I just knew that one off the top of my head.)

No idea the thought process other than to create a list to start people talking about it?

I'm sure the New England airwaves and internets are filled with angry chowder heads!   Cool
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 05:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: I don't even think it is that.  What did Deion do in the Super Bowl?

After hearing them talk about it on the radio today I thought it was limited to HOF members...but Ray  Ray isn't in yet.  (I didn't go back and look at the rest.  I just knew that one off the top of my head.)

No idea the thought process other than to create a list to start people talking about it?

I'm sure the New England airwaves and internets are filled with angry chowder heads!   Cool

List is invalid because Munoz isn't on it. 

Dismissed.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 07:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: List is invalid because Munoz isn't on it. 

Dismissed.

Maybe you had to play on team that won?   Ninja
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 11:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: Maybe you had to play on team that won?   Ninja

No SB losers on the list. I'd say the ninja doesn't apply here. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 05:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: I don't even think it is that.  What did Deion do in the Super Bowl?

Is Jake Scott the second best safety to ever a part of a Super Bowl team? Lynn Swann a top 2 receiver? Franco Harris over Walter Payton or Marshall Faulk? 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2016, 01:19 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Is Jake Scott the second best safety to ever a part of a Super Bowl team? Lynn Swann a top 2 receiver? Franco Harris over Walter Payton or Marshall Faulk? 

I don't think Swann should be in it.  Franco got the nod for setting a rushing record (since broken) and number of games I assume.  
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2016, 10:35 AM)GMDino Wrote: I don't think Swann should be in it.  Franco got the nod for setting a rushing record (since broken) and number of games I assume.  

Are you on drugs? Swann has two of the most iconic catches in SB history and he had huge games against Dallas both times. 

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2016, 03:46 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Are you on drugs? Swann has two of the most iconic catches in SB history and he had huge games against Dallas both times. 

I just never considered him one of the two best WR's in the history of the Super Bowl.

Second in yards all time...but Roger Craig had more receptions in one less game.

But just from the eye test, while Swann was brilliant, even Stallworth was better.  Just my opinion.

Edit: And I'd take Marcus Allen or Larry Csonka over Emmitt Smith. Easily.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote