Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl LI Game Day Thread
(02-06-2017, 12:57 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: you are an expert troll when it comes to looking at past posts and commenting on them, lol

Well it is very hard to comment of future posts. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 01:42 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well it is very hard to comment of future posts. 

This guy made a post when the Falcons were way ahead. He's the troll. I hope he did bet on the Falcons and lost.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 01:28 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Any other year I would have been pulling for ATL, but I wanted the Pats to take it this year.

Dan Quinn and Shanahan have to be sick right now. No doubt that the Pats deserve props for the comeback, but with an 8 point lead and at the 25, you play for the field goal.

Hmmm What would Marvin do?
Reply/Quote
Couldn't believe how they didn't give Julio more opportunities to make plays after that stellar catch. They just dumped it off for short plays the last drive their offense possessed the ball.

Julio is the star on that team and you got to give him a chance to make those big plays in clutch moments.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 02:52 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Couldn't believe how they didn't give Julio more opportunities to make plays after that stellar catch. They just dumped it off for short plays the last drive their offense possessed the ball.

Julio is the star on that team and you got to give him a chance to make those big plays in clutch moments.

The few replays that were afforded showed Julio being grabbed and re-routed throughout the game...should we be surprised those weren't flagged?  I'm not, even after three consecutive defensive holding penalties against Atlanta...and one looked clearly to be a case of the WR trying to push off and the DB wouldn't let him.  They allowed the Pats to get back in it and then flagged offensive holding on Atlanta to take them out of FG range that would have ended it.  

Didn't really have a dog in the fight, but was hoping to see a fair game.  

The coaching blunder of a pass play on 3rd and 1, up big, that led to a fumble at their own 20 was as bad as Seattle goal line pass.  
Reply/Quote
Glad I didn't go to sleep. What a crazy finish. Brady is the GOAT. It's not even arguable anymore.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 12:55 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 2016 Falcons = 1988 Bengals

Tom Brady Montana'd them. Sucks for their fans.

That was a heart breaker for the Bengals no doubt, but not comparable.  Bengals took a 1 point lead late in the game.  These guys had a 25 point lead.  They got Montaned for an hour.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Well, Atlanta is the closest NFL city to me now in my new home and yeah, fans up there have to be sick. Is there any possibility that execs took Atlanta aside after the 3rd quarter and ordered them to lose? Aside from the one circus catch (Amendola?) some of those Patriot touchdown drives seemed a little too easy, especially the first drive in OT, when the Falcons might as well have had high schoolers out there.

What makes this similar to the 1989 SB is the sour taste that will linger and the Falcons will probably struggle to make 500 next year.

The other F word anyone? The Kraft family buying a 5th Championship for Brady, anyone?
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 09:38 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Well, Atlanta is the closest NFL city to me now in my new home and yeah, fans up there have to be sick. Is there any possibility that execs took Atlanta aside after the 3rd quarter and ordered them to lose? Aside from the one circus catch (Amendola?) some of those Patriot touchdown drives seemed a little too easy, especially the first drive in OT, when the Falcons might as well have had high schoolers out there.

What makes this similar to the 1989 SB is the sour taste that will linger and the Falcons will probably struggle to make 500 next year.

The other F word anyone? The Kraft family buying a 5th Championship for Brady, anyone?

I've said for years that the NFL likes its story lines.

Refs call just the right penalty at the right time (even if they were legit you can look at the times they didn't call legit penalties) and that's your game.

But twice now the Pats have won Super Bowls because the other team didn't simply run the ball.

That's as much good fortune and as anything the Pat's did to prepare or win that game.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 09:23 AM)michaelsean Wrote: That was a heart breaker for the Bengals no doubt, but not comparable.  Bengals took a 1 point lead late in the game.  These guys had a 25 point lead.  They got Montaned for an hour.

Guess we'll just have to disagree. The comebacks were different, but they were both comebacks and I guarantee ATL fans feel the same way we did in '88.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 02:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Guess we'll just have to disagree. The comebacks were different, but they were both comebacks and I guarantee ATL fans feel the same way we did in '88.

No I think they feel far worse.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
You'd think that after Seattle, the Falcons would learn that you need to run the ball late in the 4th when you're playing the Patriots in the Super Bowl.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 02:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No I think they feel far worse.  

Agree.  We barely had any time to enjoy the lead we had before Montana drove for the winning score.  I was nervous with so much time left and when it fell apart, yeah,it was a gut-punch, but it happened in a blink and I was worried from the moment SF got the ball and didn't allow myself to enjoy it for a minute.  

It was over.  No team had come back from a deficit of more than 10 points in 50 of these things, and the Pats were down 25 halfway through the 3rd quarter and Atlanta was rolling.  Yeah, I know, it aint over 'til blah blah blah.  IT WAS OVER!  Read through the posts of this thread at the time.  We all knew it. 

It was over.

Atlanta fans knew it, too.  They had their cell phones at the ready to order their commemorative t-shirt and DVD. People were thinking of what they were going to say to their boss when they called off sick to go to the parade.  People were calling family and friends, celebrating and asking saying things like 'Did you think you'd live to see this day?'  

It was supposed to be over.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 10:59 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You'd think that after Seattle, the Falcons would learn that you need to run the ball late in the 4th when you're playing the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Especially considering Dan Quinn was on that Seattle sideline!
Reply/Quote