Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots Game Day
(02-05-2018, 12:47 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Anyone else notice when the guy was walking the Lombardi Trophy up to the stage, That Kevin Hart was being denied access to the stage and he was arguing with the big dude guarding the stairs .....hilarious!

Really? That is hilarious. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:47 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Anyone else notice when the guy was walking the Lombardi Trophy up to the stage, That Kevin Hart was being denied access to the stage and he was arguing with the big dude guarding the stairs .....hilarious!

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:47 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Anyone else notice when the guy was walking the Lombardi Trophy up to the stage, That Kevin Hart was being denied access to the stage and he was arguing with the big dude guarding the stairs .....hilarious!

Did you hear the f bomb on NFL Network.? Lol

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:33 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: Welp, heading over to JN to see how the "Trade Andy for Nick Foles" thread is coming along.

I'm headed over to check out the "Merv Would Have Rings if He Had Foles". Mellow 

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:17 AM)Wyche Wrote: Who died and made you Pop Warner?  It sure wasn't....either call works there....depends on the size of your nads, faith in your kicker, and trying to make up for the point you lost because of a kicker that is prone to miss XPs.

You can stick with watching guys like Jerry Claiborne, Marvin Screwus, and Bill Curry if you want....I've seen several coaches coach exactly like Pederson.

Mistakes are erased when later execution wins games. 

Moot point. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:19 AM)grampahol Wrote: I'm going to go ahead and say if NE pulls this off there will be absolutely no doubt it's fixed, but too late.  They actually lost it.. 

Don't give up hope. They had to let this one go so they can continue to fix the league, without being too obvious. 

[Image: reece.jpg]

Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:25 AM)grampahol Wrote: I'll be interested in Brian Tuohy's take on this one.. He's always got a conspiracy theory that actually makes sense as opposed to the YouTube crazies..

You just implied that the former wasn't crazy. 

Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:43 AM)Wyche Wrote: Foles is smarter than that.....he'll want to go somewhere like Minny, Jax, etc.

Yep. Foles is going to write his check all the way to another team. 

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 01:10 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Mistakes are erased when later execution wins games. 

Moot point. 

Pederson is an aggressive coach. He made an aggressive call there, and twice on 4th down....including a trick play.  It would have been a mistake to take his foot off the gas.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 01:19 AM)Wyche Wrote: Pederson is an aggressive coach. He made an aggressive call there, and twice on 4th down....including a trick play.  It would have been a mistake to take his foot off the gas.

Exactly. The problem when playing the pats is getting scared of losing the lead and playing it safe. It's happened so many times before.

Super Bowl. Balls out, all game. 

I told my son before the game started...if i was the opposing coach, if we started the 4th quarter with a 50-0 lead, i stay up tempo trying to score every single drive until the clock says 0:00. 

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 01:19 AM)Wyche Wrote: Pederson is an aggressive coach. He made an aggressive call there, and twice on 4th down....including a trick play.  It would have been a mistake to take his foot off the gas.

Pederson is the reverse marvin lewis. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 01:23 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Exactly. The problem when playing the pats is getting scared of losing the lead and playing it safe. It's happened so many times before.

Super Bowl. Balls out, all game. 

I told my son before the game started...if i was the opposing coach, if we started the 4th quarter with a 50-0 lead, i stay up tempo trying to score every single drive until the clock says 0:00. 

Scared of losing the lead? Playing it safe? Where have we seen that before? Surely not in Cincy...
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Why didn't Malcolm Butler play? Seriously one of the dumbest coaching moves I have ever seen.
Also not to be this guy but Brady was the best player out there tonight to get 505 freaking yards with three Touchdowns and no picks is awesome to do against that defense.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 04:15 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Why didn't Malcolm Butler play? Seriously one of the dumbest coaching moves I have ever seen.
Also  not to be this guy but Brady was the best player out there tonight to get 505 freaking yards with three Touchdowns and no picks is awesome to do against that defense.

Yeah....that was pretty stupid.

Brady put on a helluva show....but to be fair, there were 4 throws that probably should have been INTs.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:29 AM)michaelsean Wrote: So the Pats are now .500 in Super Bowls? Lead the NFL in Super Bowl losses

Second most wins...tied for most losses with the Broncos.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:21 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Not a New England fan but officiating really called this game differently than all season long when it comes to what constitutes a catch.  Patriots got hosed twice on calls that went the other way all year long.  Not to mention the biggest 4th down play in the game the refs allowed the defender to get knocked down by an Eagles receiver to free Ertz for the first down.

Yep.  They called it the way instant replay was set up:  There has to be conclusive evidence to overturn the call on the field.

And the game winning TD was NOT the same as the Jesse James TD.  Ertz was a runner when he dove.  (Different from the Dez Bryant play too.)

I still think JJ's hand was under the ball, or at the very least it was close enough to not overturn, but still completely different than the super bowl play.  And the right call.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 10:11 AM)GMDino Wrote: Yep.  They called it the way instant replay was set up:  Thee has to be conclusive evidence to overturn the call on the field.

And the game winning TD was NOT the same as the Jesse James TD.  Ertz was a runner when he dove.  (Different from the Dez Bryant play too.)

I still think JJ's hand was under the ball, or at the very least it was close enough to not overturn, but still completely different than the super bowl play.  And the right call.

Yup.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 01:17 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You just implied that the former wasn't crazy. 

Hilarious

Hey, at least Brian answers his email messages  .. Sure he's crazy ,but in a good way . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 10:11 AM)GMDino Wrote: Yep.  They called it the way instant replay was set up:  Thee has to be conclusive evidence to overturn the call on the field.

You know what I love about the call is the many Squeeler fans all to real bitter tears of conspiracy theory-land.. THEY WERE ROBBED ! HAR HAR HAR! 
Yeah ,I know . Sympathy is between a  turd and a bad social disease . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Great game. Nice work by the Eagles.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote