Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nick Foles just became
the best backup QB to win a Lombardi!! Congrats!
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 01:12 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: the best backup QB to win a Lombardi!!  Congrats!

This guy wants to have as little chat with you on that point ...

.[Image: dougwilliams.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Nick Foles just became the guy who is getting a huge pay raise.

The only question is what city he will play in next season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
He just became another backup to win the trophy ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
[Image: 0ap2000000125203_gallery_600.jpg]
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Mellow

[Image: 225981-brady-wins-his-first-super-bowl.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
I had completely forgotten about Williams. I stand corrected. The second best.

The QBR formula that I found online, does not take into account Rushing/Receiving yards or TDs and even if it did, I doubt it would change the Foles rating enough to surpass Williams.

Williams SB MVP QBR 127 (1 rushing attempt for -2 rushing yards, no rushing TDs, no receiving attempts or receiving TDs)

Foles SB MVP QBR 106 (no rushing attempts, 1 receiving yard and 1 receiving TD)

Brady SB MVP QBR 86.2 (1 rushing attempt for 3 yards, no rushing TDs, no receiving attempts or receiving TDs)

Trent Dilfer QBR 80.9 (1 rushing attempt for 0 yards, no rushing TDs, no receiving attempts or receiving TDs)
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 01:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

[Image: 225981-brady-wins-his-first-super-bowl.jpg]

Yep, pretty much.  Jim Plunkett is a distant second, but he went on to win another one.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 03:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep, pretty much.  Jim Plunkett is a distant second, but he went on to win another one.

Brady won one SB as a backup and 4 as a starter.

I'm talking about the stats of the first SB game they played in AS a backup QB.  Not what they did AFTER that, otherwise, my post would have been premature, because no one knows what's in store for Foles.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 03:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep, pretty much.  Jim Plunkett is a distant second, but he went on to win another one.

WW you are da MAN!!  Too many senior moments in my old age but thanks for helping me out as usual.  I had also forgotten that Plunkett was a backup for Pastorini with a QBR of 145 in SB 15 and was the MVP!!

Thanks for the heads up.  That bumps Nick down to 3rd, behind Plunkett and Williams.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 03:31 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: WW you are da MAN!!  Too many senior moments in my old age but thanks for helping me out as usual.  I had also forgotten that Plunkett was a backup for Pastorini with a QBR of 145 in SB 15 and was the MVP!!

Thanks for the heads up.  That bumps Nick down to 3rd, behind Plunkett and Williams.

Ha ha ha.....no idea he had a QBR that high, but I remembered he won the SB MVP.  I misunderstood the context of the thread.....I was thinking about guys who were backups that went on to win again.  That's the main reason I had Tom and Jim ahead of him.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Great job for Nick. He nearly retired a year ago. Glad God had something in a blessing in disguise there.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 07:29 PM)Passepartout Wrote: Great job for Nick. He nearly retired a year ago. Glad God had something in a blessing in disguise there.

Indeed.  I thought it was paramount and made me proud to be an Eagles fan when so many gave Him credit on national television.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 07:29 PM)Passepartout Wrote: Great job for Nick. He nearly retired a year ago. Glad God had something in a blessing in disguise there.

Working with Jeff Fischer will do that..
Reply/Quote