Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats to Jake Elliott
One of the happiest man the Bengals let him go!!!
Reply/Quote
I was about to post this. Good thing we kept bullock. You know if we ever find ourselves in that situation he will hit just like elliot did. It really pisses me off we cut him still. Even if he wasn't playing tonight, but this makes the pain even worse
Reply/Quote
Even in a hypothetical world where Marvin Lewis takes the Bengals to the SB, the Bengals aren't putting up over 40 points. When you're the #1 scoring offense in the NFL, you can afford a kicker who misses a lot of kicks. When you're the Bengals and you play to conservatively hold onto small leads, missing a PAT, causing you to have to try (and fail) for 2pts the next time, would be the thing to make you lose.

Elliott missed 5 PATs and 5 FGs this year.
Nugent missed 6 PATs and 6 FGs in '16 and we all remember how F'ing awful that was.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Elliot came up clutch when it mattered. Same as all year. Not the best kicker this year, but damn good when all the chips were on the table.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
I'm glad for him ! He got outta this hell hole and won the Big Dance.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Moved to Around the NFL, as Jake Elliot is not a Bengal.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:53 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Moved to Around the NFL, as Jake Elliot is not a Bengal.

Must you remind us?   Cry
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:53 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Moved to Around the NFL, as Jake Elliot is not a Bengal.

Should be merged with the confidence in katie thread.
Reply/Quote
One of the funny parts of life that gives hypothetical scenarios legs. 

If the Bengals had chosen to keep Elliott, he'd go through the rest of his life never knowing how close he was to being part of a world champion. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:31 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Even in a hypothetical world where Marvin Lewis takes the Bengals to the SB, the Bengals aren't putting up over 40 points. When you're the #1 scoring offense in the NFL, you can afford a kicker who misses a lot of kicks. When you're the Bengals and you play to conservatively hold onto small leads, missing a PAT, causing you to have to try (and fail) for 2pts the next time, would be the thing to make you lose.

Nugent missed 6 PATs and 6 FGs in '16 and we all remember how F'ing awful that was.

Jake Elliott will get a SB ring for crying out and Bullock will go on Nutri-System!
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 01:01 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Should be merged with the confidence in katie thread.

I get the humor, but what did she have to do with him being cut?

If anything, it should go into any of the Marvin threads.  But, since he never made the official roster, he's in Around the NFL.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 01:15 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I get the humor, but what did she have to do with him being cut?

If anything, it should go into any of the Marvin threads.  But, since he never made the official roster, he's in Around the NFL.

Well it would have been a FO decision. I guess it's easy to pass blame for major **** ups like this when it's a culture of if daddy - daughter - numbed imbecile. Katie shouldn't be able to pass blame when she shares genetics with 5/6 of everyone above o make a decision in the situation; others of which are collecting social security.

Keep it in this thread. Let's stoke the embers.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:31 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Even in a hypothetical world where Marvin Lewis takes the Bengals to the SB, the Bengals aren't putting up over 40 points. When you're the #1 scoring offense in the NFL, you can afford a kicker who misses a lot of kicks. When you're the Bengals and you play to conservatively hold onto small leads, missing a PAT, causing you to have to try (and fail) for 2pts the next time, would be the thing to make you lose.

But Nugent was not attempting them that far or hitting them from Jake Elliot distance. 

Feel all of us that wanted to keep him knew there would be growing pains, but lots of potential if he harnesses it in next few years too. 

Nugent was a veteran with an average leg who only made it because of his accuracy. Bet Elliot attempted more as well. 

Congratulations to the kid, believe he even set a record today. 

Bullock did fine but hated throwing away a draft pick like that.  

Plus believe Nugent was kicking XP's from shorter distances.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 01:01 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Should be merged with the confidence in katie thread.

You have a strange obsession with her...

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 09:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You have a strange obsession with her...

Sorry Troy.
Reply/Quote