Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lamar Jackson?
Read a new mock draft today that has Lamar Jackson being drafted by the Bengals in Round 2. Any thoughts?
Reply/Quote
Probably not still on the board by the time we pick in round one
Reply/Quote
I would love it, but don't think he will be there......
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 07:02 PM)motoarch Wrote: Probably not still on the board by the time we pick in round one

I agree. He may or may not get a crack at the QB position, but somebody's going to grab him just for his freakish athleticism and potential.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 12:58 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I agree. He may or may not get a crack at the QB position, but somebody's going to grab him just for his freakish athleticism and potential.

We usually don't do well with that type of player, unfortunately. I'm not sure what Jackson is going to be, and we have other needs in other places so I would pass. If we're being risk-averse in this draft, I don't think Jackson is worth the gamble. 
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 01:02 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: We usually don't do well with that type of player, unfortunately. I'm not sure what Jackson is going to be, and we have other needs in other places so I would pass. If we're being risk-averse in this draft, I don't think Jackson is worth the gamble. 

Oh I agree.  I wasn't implying we should take him, I was just agreeing that he won't be there when we pick.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 01:37 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Oh I agree.  I wasn't implying we should take him, I was just agreeing that he won't be there when we pick.  

I think Jackson might be the biggest wild card in the draft. Depending on how workouts and interviews go, I think he could stay around the end of the first round or take a big drop. It's hard to find a place that he fits with his skill set. 
Reply/Quote
Well, we all know that I would have no problem with that at all.

Do not think it will happen or that he would still be on the board then though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
If we took him in the 2nd round, I wouldn't be complaining. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote