Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl LIV: 49ers vs Chiefs Game Day Thread
Overall fun game to watch. Very disappointed in the officiating though. Lots of holding throughout the game. To my recollection there were zero holding calls.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Where are the Chiefs on contracts? They have to have some serious payouts coming up soon.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 12:02 AM)Joelist Wrote: And KC gifted the Lomardi by bad 49er play.

Yeah the 4th qtr was a nightmare of mistakes.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 12:02 AM)Joelist Wrote: And KC gifted the Lomardi by bad 49er play.

LOL no one ever wins according to you. It’s always given away by bad defense.

Anyway...Mahomes sucked for 3 & 1/2 quarters, but he was clutch when they needed him most.

Elite QB > the great defense in this one.

Reply/Quote
Shannahan taking a timeout here? Come on man, lose with some class.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Happy for Andy Reid, I've always liked him.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 12:08 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: LOL no one ever wins according to you. It’s always given away by bad defense.

Anyway...Mahomes sucked for 3 & 1/2 quarters, but he was clutch when they needed him most.

Elite QB > the great defense in this one.

I don’t know that the pass on third and fifteen was clutch by Mahomes, and that was the back breaker. It was pretty much a duck that Hill had to wait on, and was so wide open he had the time.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 12:09 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Happy for Andy Reid, I've always liked him.

Same here, big fan of the Walrus and good to see him finally hoist the Lombardi.

Wonder if he calls it a career?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Congrats to the Chiefs, they earned it.

Great game overall, actually thought the 49rs were going down to win the game on their last drive. But that last series they got outcoached and outplayed when it mattered the most on offense.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 12:11 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don’t know that the pass on third and fifteen was clutch by Mahomes, and that was the back breaker. It was pretty much a duck that Hill had to wait on, and was so wide open he had the time.

Exactly - the 49ers had a major blown coverage there. They cover properly there and it is pick number three. 
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 12:08 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Shannahan taking a timeout here? Come on man, lose with some class.

He seems like a dbag to me. I don’t even like the way he wears his hat. LOL

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 12:11 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don’t know that the pass on third and fifteen was clutch by Mahomes, and that was the back breaker. It was pretty much a duck that Hill had to wait on, and was so wide open he had the time.

QB’s miss wide open WR’s all the time.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 12:11 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Same here, big fan of the Walrus and good to see him finally hoist the Lombardi.

Wonder if he calls it a career?

Why the hell would he with a young QB like Mahomes? He can win a bunch more.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 12:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why the hell would he with a young QB like Mahomes? He can win a bunch more.

We always think that, but it rarely seems to happen. It’s hard to do.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 12:20 AM)michaelsean Wrote: We always think that, but it rarely seems to happen. It’s hard to do.

Well, he’s got a stud QB that’s only 24 and already a SB champion...

With the likely demise of the Pats dynasty I’d say the odds are in his favor.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 12:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why the hell would he with a young QB like Mahomes? He can win a bunch more.

The Chiefs are kicking around trading Mahomes for picks so they can build the defense.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 12:32 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The Chiefs are kicking around trading Mahomes for picks so they can build the defense.  Ninja

It’s all about the trenches!

Reply/Quote
We’ve suffered long enough, please please let Mahomes vs Burrow be the new Brady vs Peyton...

Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow just said, “I can do it in two years”. LOL

Reply/Quote
I'll give the 49ers defense correct they played Mahomes better than anyone else ever had and the Chiefs still won. You have to give the Chiefs Defense credit as well the 49ers had an opportunity to put the game away the Chiefs wouldn't let them.
Jimmy G had opportunity to put it away but couldn't.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote