Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl LV
(02-08-2021, 01:08 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re an absolute delight to converse with.

I just wanted to point out how dumb it is because every one of those talk show type conversations always lean towards who has the most titles. 

Which automatically is not how you measure the greats. 

because that logic implies that Brad Johnson > Ken Anderson

so yes goat convo is stupid. and It's really stupid when people use championships
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 01:09 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: The saints would put all there money in offense. I think the saints had the worst defense of all time for a playoff team one of those years like between 2010-2013 or something.

Brady wins 1 at most with the Saints. Brady benefitted off of dominant defenses. Just like you saw tonight and with the other pats titles.

The saints had a couple years with good defenses, and 1 of them was the bounty gate year

Sean Payton couldnt even shine Belichicks shoes

Name a top 20 QB that had less to work with than Brady has. 1 and a half season of Moss a frequently injured Gronk a couple season of Hernandez.  2 posession guys in Welker and Edelman.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 01:12 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So you really think he would have won a title being drafted by Bruce Coslet and landing here in Cincinnati??

Also, Brees looked amazing in San Diego before they foolishly sent him to New Orleans. He was 12-4 with Marty Schottenheimer as his coach... Captain chokes alot...

Brees was terrible his first 2 or 3 years. His last 2 is when he suddenly started to get it together

and it wasnt a dumb move. Brees would have won nothing in san diego either. Chargers are an incompetent organization that lucked into some talent.

Plus Rivers was on a rookie deal, and Brees was looking for a big pay day

The saints ALWAYS kept a top tier o-line around Brees. Always. Cant say the same for san diego and Rivers. He had to deal with some crap
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 01:12 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Name a top 20 QB that had less to work with than Brady has. 1 and a half season of Moss a frequently injured Gronk a couple season of Hernandez.  2 posession guys in Welker and Edelman.

Wait.. you mean the same system team that took a 3rd/4th string RB in Rex Burkhead and made him a very productive player?

Again... good coaching takes guys with talent and elevates them to another level. That is kind of the point of all this....

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 01:12 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Name a top 20 QB that had less to work with than Brady has. 1 and a half season of Moss a frequently injured Gronk a couple season of Hernandez.  2 posession guys in Welker and Edelman.

that's all he ever needed since he always had great o-lines, and great pass catching running backs(Kevin Faulk, I bet you dont know who that is lol), great defenses and great coaching. 

possession receivers were always apart of the belichick pats system. Ever hear of Deion Branch and David Givens? Of course not

but in your weird mind, it's not a team game. It's a 1 person game. 
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 01:16 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: that's all he ever needed since he always had great o-lines, and great pass catching running backs(Kevin Faulk, I bet you dont know who that is lol), great defenses and great coaching. 

possession receivers were always apart of the belichick pats system. Ever hear of Deion Branch and David Givens? Of course not

but in your weird mind, it's not a team game. It's a 1 person game. 

Thats like giving the supporting cast credit for taking the Cavs to the finals before he went to the Heat.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 01:20 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Thats like giving the supporting cast credit for taking the Cavs to the finals before he went to the Heat.

..... You know defense is a supporting cast too, right?

Trent Dilfers supporting cast on offense wasnt spectacular either

Holy moly. Lay off the thc, bro
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 01:21 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: ..... You know defense is a supporting cast too, right?

Trent Dilfers supporting cast on offense wasnt spectacular either

Holy moly. Lay off the thc, bro

Great players make those around them better. Teddy Bruschi said he felt he had to be great playing on the same team as Tom.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 01:24 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Great players make those around them better. Teddy Bruschi said he felt he had to be great playing on the same team as Tom.

Woah, an ESPN guy!

you really do watch first take and all of that crap dont you? Lmao

and btw you quoting teddy bruschi's clickbait opinion isnt even an argument here lol
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 01:26 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Woah, an ESPN guy!

you really do watch first take and all of that crap dont you? Lmao

and btw you quoting teddy bruschi's clickbait opinion isnt even an argument here lol

your the 1 blowing off 51-65 like its nothing. Thats 116 games of evidence
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 01:30 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: your the 1 blowing off 51-65 like its nothing. Thats 116 games of evidence

I’m going to sleep. I have to be in at work at 7.

Love you, sweetie! Make sure to tell me what Stephen A Smith says at 12 pm tmrw!
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 01:12 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I just wanted to point out how dumb it is because every one of those talk show type conversations always lean towards who has the most titles. 

Which automatically is not how you measure the greats. 

because that logic implies that Brad Johnson > Ken Anderson

so yes goat convo is stupid. and It's really stupid when people use championships

Well, it’s not just the championships. There’s also the longevity (guy has played at a high level for over 2 decades), there’s the records (#1 in career passing TD with 581 being the big one, but he has a bunch more), all the regular season success, etc.

Is he the most physically talented QB I’ve ever seen? Nope. That would be Mahomes and Rodgers. But I see nothing wrong with giving him the tile of GOAT. And I certainly don’t think it’s “childish.” The fact that guys like Brady and Manning had the careers they did while not being as physically gifted as some other guys actually makes them all the more special, imo.

Hell, Brady took less money for years to ensure he could keep competing for all those championships. He has all the intangibles and leadership qualities that you could ever want, and the results speak for themselves.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 01:16 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Wait.. you mean the same system team that took a 3rd/4th string RB in Rex Burkhead and made him a very productive player?

Again... good coaching takes guys with talent and elevates them to another level. That is kind of the point of all this....

Burkhead’s best season in NE he had 581 total yds and 3 TD. Not really that much difference from his best season here: 489 total yds and 2 TD. He actually had his career high in rushing here, but receiving there. Pretty comparable overall though.

Reply/Quote
Can we at least all agree that TB12 having more Lombardi’s himself than the entire Steelers organization is somewhat satisfying?

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 02:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can we at least all agree that TB12 having more Lombardi’s himself than the entire Steelers organization is somewhat satisfying?

As I've said before, if you are a Bengals fan and don't like Tom Brady you are siding with the enemy.  That's all I've got.  I wish the Bengals stopped the Steelers in the playoffs a bunch of times, but we didn't.  Tom stepped up where we didn't.  
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 01:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: As I've said before, if you are a Bengals fan and don't like Tom Brady you are siding with the enemy.  That's all I've got.  I wish the Bengals stopped the Steelers in the playoffs a bunch of times, but we didn't.  Tom stepped up where we didn't.  

Yep. Dude is basically Captain America holding the forces of evil at bay.

Reply/Quote