Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Super Bowl LVIII Chiefs vs 49ers. Your thoughts and predictions.
We saw these two teams play each other just 4 years ago in SB LIV with a Chief's victory. Now we get a rematch with what I'm sure will be an extra dose of non football material about who players are dating.

I guess I'd prefer the 49ers win this one but I think the Chiefs are going to win again. I think a lot will have to do with how Purdy can hold his composure during the biggest game of the year. He seems generally calm and collected to me but the Super Bowl is a whole different level in my opinion and Mahomes has the advantage here having played in so many.

Overall given the teams playing I'm not really looking forward to it this year. Generally I still have some interest no matter who is playing but I'm tired of the Chiefs and don't really care about the 49ers. It would be a good story to see a Mr. Irrelevant QB win a Super Bowl though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
The Chiefs/Travis Kelce/Taylor Swift over the 49'ers by a score of 27 to 24. Kelce is the game's MVP.

The NFL enjoys the ratings boost and after-Super Bowl media attention generated by Kelce and Swift.
Reply/Quote
I think it will be a very entertaining game. Scoring. Back and forth. Huge plays. Great stops. The matchup is very good.

I have no other predictions than "Good Game".
Reply/Quote
We all know deep down that the Benglas are the only team that can stop Playoff Cheifs; either that or our '21 roster was so magical that it can't be replicated.

I haven't decided which.
Reply/Quote
I’m going with the Chiefs. I think the 49ers have the best top to bottom roster in the NFL but they are nowhere near as good as the Chiefs at QB.
I get sick of Mahomes like everyone does but he is that guy - still the best player in the league and he will get another ring.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 12:54 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I’m going with the Chiefs. I think the 49ers have the best top to bottom roster in the NFL but they are nowhere near as good as the Chiefs at QB.
I get sick of Mahomes like everyone does but he is that guy - still the best player in the league and he will get another ring.

Also I think KC defense is playing better now than SF so that will close that gap... as you referenced KC has Mahomes who has taken over the GOAT of active QBs...
Reply/Quote
Tough to really bet against the best player in the NFL who also happens to play the most disproportionately important position in the game.

That said, 49ers are probably the better overall team, so I don't think this will be blowout or a snoozer. Purdy just needs to make a handful of good plays and they could take it. I expect a really good Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
My first post had a Kelce/Swift take to favor the Chiefs.

It would also be one hell of a story if Mr. Irrelevant wins the Super Bowl and Super Bowl MVP.
Reply/Quote
No interest in this game at all... Hope it ends in a tie.

i dislike both teams but i would prefer anyone by chiefs winning so go 49ers i guess

will have to see which team the refs are helping in this game
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 06:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: No interest in this game at all...     Hope it ends in a tie.    

i dislike both teams but i would prefer anyone by chiefs winning   so go 49ers i guess  

will have to see which team the refs are helping in this game

I'm trying to follow the national narratives on this, and I don't understand why the 49ers are so disliked in the eyes of people who talk about football. They got rid of Jim Harbaugh the crybaby cheater and regardless of what anyone thinks of Kaepernick, you'd think replacing him and Brady's pretty-boy backup with an overachieving Mr. Irrelevant would play well with the same people who are "sick of Taylor Swift being shown every 3 seconds."

Plus if they win the SB there will be another team with 6 of them, so that's a bit of a shot against the Steelers for our sake. I get they beat us twice 40 years ago, but it was Joe Montana and Jerry Rice and we never stop talking about how Burrow and Chase could be those guys 2.0.

I don't get the 49ers hate from the mainstream football dudebros.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 06:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I get they beat us twice 40 years ago, but it was Joe Montana and Jerry Rice and we never stop talking about how Burrow and Chase could be those guys 2.0.

I don't get the 49ers hate from the mainstream football dudebros.

I was a young buck when the Bengals lost the second Super Bowl. I thought the no huddle offense, Boomer, JB, Ickey, Fulcher, Krumrie, the OL, and others were the start of a Bengals dynasty. Then the '90s happened. I can't speak for dudebros but this dudebro had his childhood soul scarred by Montana, Rice, and Lewis Billups dropping the interception.

Reply/Quote
For me, it's impossible to root for either team. I hold a grudge against both teams. HOWEVER, I would be less pissed off if 49ers won it. I can't stand the whole Patrick Mahommes, Briitany, Kelce, Swift thing. They are toxic to the NFL. Thank God I'm old enough that I don't throw crap at the TV anymore.

FACT: As soon as Kelce and Swift break up? I'm gonna enjoy whatever POS song she puts out. I won't listen to it more than once, but somebody please start production on this crap.

Reply/Quote
Just heard on WHIO that 49'ers are favored by 10. Seems extreme for a SB.

Edit: I think McHenry didn't read her prompter right. Everywhere I look I see 1.5

Reply/Quote
Given the amount of attention I pay to NFL games between snaps I think I caught about 13 seconds of Taylor Swift this week, but I'll be damned if I haven't seen people who are sick of her being shoved down our throats posting about her a zillion times in the past 24 hours.  Lordy loo. Of course if we had our way every time the Bengals got a 1st down they'd show a picture of AJ McCarron's wife in a bikini.

I'll admit the sour grapist in me (keep in mind I'm from Pittsburgh and I'm a Bengals fan) is going to spitefully enjoy an entire off-season of people whining about Taylor Swift and Mahommes and Kelce and the NFL being rigged and so on and so forth.  I mean, it's going to be out there may as well enjoy it.
Reply/Quote
I too am at odds as to which team to root for in the Super Bowl. I guess I'll stick with the AFC and root for KC. Niners beat the Bengals twice in the Super Bowl.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Andy Reid has slowly morphed into Wally the Walrus. Everytime they pan the camera to him on the sidelines I picture adoring fans tossing him a fresh mackerel for a job well done, like a SeaWorld attraction.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 10:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote:  Of course if we had our way every time the Bengals got a 1st down they'd show a picture of AJ McCarron's wife in a bikini.

Pervert

Reply/Quote