Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl Run Up: Injuries & Health
Well, we are California bound for the SB. Gonna have to beat the Rams at their place to do it.

This thread isintended to be a spot where we track the health of players whose availability could be questionable for the big game. Be it guys who got hurt vs KC (Uzomah), have been banged up recently (Tupou, C. Sample, Morgan), practice squad guys (Daniels, Moss), or guys that have been out for a while (Reiff, Tate, etc).

Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
Tupou, Sample, and Morgan should all be healthy by Super Bowl. Tupou and Morgan were both practicing this week.

They have until the 2nd to make a decision on Auden Tate. They have to activate him, waive him, or let him ride on IR by then.

Daniels was also practicing this week so would think he would also be ready to go if needed by game day.

There have been no updates on Moss. I'm sure with the CJ situation that will be a topic of discussion at Zac's next press conference.

Reiff is out. Zac has said he would not be available at all for any of the playoffs

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 02:57 AM)pally Wrote: Tupou, Sample, and Morgan should all be healthy by Super Bowl.  Tupou and Morgan were both practicing this week.

They have until the 2nd to make a decision on Auden Tate.  They have to activate him, waive him, or let him ride on IR by then.

Daniels was also practicing this week so would think he would also be ready to go if needed by game day.

There have been no updates on Moss.  I'm sure with the CJ situation that will be a topic of discussion at Zac's next press conference.

Reiff is out.  Zac has said he would not be available at all for any of the playoffs

They should make Tate a tight end 
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 02:57 AM)pally Wrote: Tupou, Sample, and Morgan should all be healthy by Super Bowl.  Tupou and Morgan were both practicing this week.

They have until the 2nd to make a decision on Auden Tate.  They have to activate him, waive him, or let him ride on IR by then.

There have been no updates on Moss.  I'm sure with the CJ situation that will be a topic of discussion at Zac's next press conference.

Reiff is out.  Zac has said he would not be available at all for any of the playoffs

Thanks for the updates. 

Sometimes things change however. Zac made that statement on Reiff a while back.  Wishful thinking on my part? Probably. But maybe he did not want to put pressure on the guy to rush back.  Or did not think about the SB scenario. 
Reply/Quote
Early reports are that CJ Uzomah has a sprained MCL which is totally a best-case scenario. It doesn't mean he will be back in 2 weeks but it means there is an outside chance of him playing.

Josh Tupou has a sprained MCL and has been out 3 weeks

I'm sure they are doing an MRI this morning and hopefully it won't reveal anything worse

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 03:23 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: They should make Tate a tight end 

I don't think now is the time to make drastic changes. I'm not sure Tate is ready to come in and block like a TE. It's not a bad idea, but I don't think I'd mess with trying to phase him into the position since he's not been doing it all season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I had a badly strained MCL and torn cartilage while playing rugby in college. I had little to no care other than being instructed by the doctor to stay off of it. I feel like with the best rehab and medical treatment money can buy, there's no reason at all why CJ shouldn't be back for the Super Bowl.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What was up with Hendrickson? He seemed banged up in the second half and was off the field for a bit.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:58 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: What was up with Hendrickson? He seemed banged up in the second half and was off the field for a bit.

Think he took a shot to the ribs when tackling Mahomes.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:58 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: What was up with Hendrickson? He seemed banged up in the second half and was off the field for a bit.

The refs didn't call all the holding, strangling, mugging, mule kicking, pickpocketing, stabbing, and clubbing that Hendrickson endured on his way to hug Kermit.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote

I feel like he's been playing through stuff the whole postseason.

Whatever's happening, he's still right there at the end of games playing hard so I'm not worried about him right now. Dude is a machine.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 03:23 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: They should make Tate a tight end 

Do you think this is backyard football?
Reply/Quote
Hendrickson was on Sirius at 10:30 this morning. He's ready to go!
Reply/Quote
Me praying for Uzomah like:

[Image: n08A8NO.jpg]
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Positive news from Zac

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 03:01 PM)pally Wrote: Positive news from Zac

That is positive because his face didn’t look like a guy with a sprain as he was carted to the locker room.
Reply/Quote