Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl: Who Ya Got or Do you Care?
(01-01-2024, 04:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Probably would cheer for the Bills if not for their whole choosing to fly home that night but not forfeiting, and then not vocally supporting us when it came time for sudden rules changes and home field advantages and coin flips. Soured me on the connection. Also just not a Josh Allen fan, even before that.

IMO you cannot blame an NFL team for not voluntarily forfeiting a game. That fell directly on the NFL. Also, I do believe BUF was one of the few teams to side with us on the proposal.

WTS, I looked at it more from a fanbase POV. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 02:26 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: When my beloved Bengals are eliminated from playoff contention which has happened quite a bit in my lifetime, I usually root against the Steelers, Ravens and this year Browns.

As much as it stings my A$$ the Ravens look unstoppable.
I’m thinking Ravens vs 49ers/Cowboys which is probably a Super Bowl that I won’t watch.

What are your thoughts Who Dey nation?
 Baltimore has the bye week and all play-off games at home in Baltimore.  They just clobbered San Francisco lately.  Nobody can run the ball on Baltimore, and so hard to pass on also.  On Offense there is no defense for Lemar Jackson. Most NFL QB's need to get the ball off in 2 or 3 seconds.  Jackson scrambles for 6 to 8 seconds and no defense can hold pass coverage that long.  They have runners, they have pass catchers including Odell Beckham now 100 % healthy for play-offs.  For field goals, they have maybe the best ever in Justin Turner.  Baltimore has best special teams in NFL.  

Nobody is going into Baltimore and beating them.   As for Super Bowl, I still have to say Baltimore.  As a Bengals Fan it does not pain me to say this.  Bengals beat the Bills and 49ers.  The AFC North was just TOUGH this year and the TOUGHEST is Baltimore.  Much like 1970's when Bengals were good but Steelers were best team in NFL that decade. 

So I hope Bengals beat Browns in Cincinnati to finish season, but on play-offs nobody is going to beat Baltimore in Baltimore, and maybe not in Super Bowl.  This is Lemar Jacksons year and he should be MVP and there is no defense for Lemar Jackson, but Ravens have plenty of Defense and maybe best kicker ever Justin Turner and add Odell Beckham looking 100 % healthy going into play-offs, and Bengals remember Odell Beckham in our Super Bowl with Rams.  Lemar Jacksons year, and he is the MVP, Tyreek Hill was good, but Lemar Jackson is having the best year he will ever have.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I hope Dallas or Detroit wins it all!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Have to support my good friends and family members and go with KC but if I had to pick a team to different them it would be the Lions
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 04:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Have to support my good friends and family members and go with KC but if I had to pick a team to different them it would be the Lions

KC doesn't get to play in KC as last few years.  Games will be played in Baltimore and ain't nobody going to beat Baltimore in Baltimore.  Baltimore clobbered 49ers and I don't think any NFC can take Baltimore in Super Bowl either.  Some years like the 1985 Bears, you just know.  Baltimore and Lemar Jackson are going to dominate easily. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 04:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Have to support my good friends and family members and go with KC but if I had to pick a team to different them it would be the Lions

My favorite team in the playoffs will be whoever plays KC (unless it's the Steelers) 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
ANYONE from the NFC over EVERYONE from the AFC
Reply/Quote
My worst Super Bowl scenario has to be Ravens v. Cowboys.

My favorite would be Texans v. Lions

My early prediction is Ravens v. 49rs
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
There is no one in the AFC that I can support, only teams that I don't care about or whom I absolutely want to crash and burn.  But, in the spirit of this thread I will stay positive here.

I have been a Bengals fan since the late '70s, but I have also been a Lions fan since the mid-80s.  Attending the Thanksgiving game was a family tradition for many years, and each season, in addition to the Bengals, I root for the Lions as well.  I frequent their boards and to listen to them this season you'd think it was us in 2021:  "For the love of God, just finally win a playoff game," or words to that effect. And, it's been doubly worse since, unlike us, they hadn't won the division in 30 years.  Overall, the Lions are both the kings of the jungle and futility having won exactly one playoff game since the 1958 season.  One.  

So, there's no ambiguity about who I'll be rooting for, even though I fear and perhaps know it will end in disappointment.   Still, come wildcard playoff weekend, if you're in the Dayton area and see a dude out and about in a vintage Sanders jersey and Lions varsity coat, well that will be me.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Meh the post season will be boring. I doubt I’ll even pay attention.
Reply/Quote
Definitely the Lions. They've been fighting it for decades and I've felt a kinship with them all year. Hope they can take that next step like we did.

Honestly, I'm not that heartbroken today. I wasn't expecting much once Burrow got hurt, so the last month of competitive football has been like a bonus.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 04:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: IMO you cannot blame an NFL team for not voluntarily forfeiting a game. That fell directly on the NFL. Also, I do believe BUF was one of the few teams to side with us on the proposal.

WTS, I looked at it more from a fanbase POV. 

No, Buffalo did not side with the Bengals. Only Miami and Chicago did. Buffalo was one of four teams that abstained. And thus Buffalo in essence supported the idea of a change in the rules that could have meant despite the Bengals winning the division, and having the higher percentage of wins, they still would be subjected to a coin flip to decide home field advantage against the Ravens.  And Buffalo simply left the area, before a league decision on finishing the game, thus essentially tying the league's hands in terms of declaring a non-contest.

For us old-timers, Buffalo was also the franchise that pushed the NFL to change the rule right before a playoff game (I think less that 24-hours before the game) with the Wyche-led Bengals that stopped the Bengals season-long use of its no-huddle offense. They beat Buffalo but the change might have cost the Bengals a Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 06:47 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Meh the post season will be boring. I doubt I’ll even pay attention.

I will admit that, as much of an event that it is (an unofficial national holiday and all) I've skipped watching a few Super Bowls over the years.  Didn't watch the last SB, for example.  Had zero interest and just watched some stuff I had stored on the DVR.  And if the usual suspects are involved in this one, I'll have no problem skipping it as well.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 02:26 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: When my beloved Bengals are eliminated from playoff contention which has happened quite a bit in my lifetime, I usually root against the Steelers, Ravens and this year Browns.

As much as it stings my A$$ the Ravens look unstoppable.
I’m thinking Ravens vs 49ers/Cowboys which is probably a Super Bowl that I won’t watch.

What are your thoughts Who Dey nation?

I hope the Stains win it all. If Browns beat Jags/Colts/Texans in wild card weekend, Browns play Ravens so no way both teams make it to the AFC championship game.

I think the Ravens are the best team in the AFC. The Bills/Dolphins could be playing KC in KC wild card weekend. The Dolphins losing Chubb is a killer for their chances.

In the NFC, I think SF is best team. So, I see Ravens beating SF in Super Bowl.

Our team has played a lot of games the past 3 seasons, so I hope ZT rests our studs and gives them an early week off to get ready for 2024.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 04:39 PM)kevin Wrote: KC doesn't get to play in KC as last few years.  Games will be played in Baltimore and ain't nobody going to beat Baltimore in Baltimore.  Baltimore clobbered 49ers and I don't think any NFC can take Baltimore in Super Bowl either.  Some years like the 1985 Bears, you just know.  Baltimore and Lemar Jackson are going to dominate easily. 

KC plays wild card weekend in KC, but then unless winner of South loses, they go on the road.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 02:28 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I'm rooting for the Lions.  Lions vs Bills in the Super Bowl?

This is me. I would be happy with a Lions vs Bills Super Bowl...

Both these fan bases have went through a lot of shit just like us.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 08:26 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I will admit that, as much of an event that it is (an unofficial national holiday and all) I've skipped watching a few Super Bowls over the years.  Didn't watch the last SB, for example.  Had zero interest and just watched some stuff I had stored on the DVR.  And if the usual suspects are involved in this one, I'll have no problem skipping it as well.  
Same. I turned on the gaming console last year. Probably do the same this year. Ever since we lost that recent SB, I have had absolutely no interest in anything NON Bengals once the Bengals are eliminated. Maybe I'll play my Bengals Madden franchise!
Reply/Quote
I think ravens 9ers is most likely.

I think the browns have the best chance of beating the ravens of any afc team. Bills maybe..

Browns lions would be cool. Would be nice to see a new champ.

But I’m thinking 9ers are most likely out of the nfc and ravens afc.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 09:01 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Same. I turned on the gaming console last year. Probably do the same this year. Ever since we lost that recent SB, I have had absolutely no interest in anything NON Bengals once the Bengals are eliminated. Maybe I'll play my Bengals Madden franchise!

I think it will be Ravens vs 49ers and the Ravens destroy them once again, but I will most likely be at my brother in law's
place playing pool and drinking brewskies watching it on a 74 inch (or something) screen so I will be happy. I got a new 
Madden 2023 game but for some reason when I play in franchise mode I win and after wards it says I lose and i just quit
playing the damn game, extremely frustrating. Mellow
Reply/Quote
I might root lions if they make it to the show..otherwise I don't really care.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote