Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl refs
Not sure who the crew will be, but I want a crew that will throw some flags. Our D line and WR's were held all game, there was a hands to the face on Hendrickson and a facemask on Burrow that were not called. While I dont want a flag happy crew, the Bengals are one of the least penalized teams so when the refs throw minimal flags, even if it's impartial, it hurts our team.
Reply/Quote
Yup. I hate that post season "just let them play" BS. If anyone violates the rules of the game, flag them!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:02 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Yup.  I hate that post season "just let them play" BS.  If anyone violates the rules of the game, flag them!

Absolutely. You don't want the game decided by penalties, but if you have a sport where 'just let them play' is even a concept, then it's proof enough that the rules don't fit the game as they should.

I get that the NFL is a fast-paced game... things happen quickly, sometimes things are subjective. But the rules should be the same as they are in every single other game.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:06 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Absolutely. You don't want the game decided by penalties, but if you have a sport where 'just let them play' is even a concept, then it's proof enough that the rules don't fit the game as they should.

I get that the NFL is a fast-paced game... things happen quickly, sometimes things are subjective. But the rules should be the same as they are in every single other game.

Exactly.  I've always hated that shit.

The NFL is very bad about it, but the NHL is the absolute worst.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 10:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not sure who the crew will be, but I want a crew that will throw some flags. Our D line and WR's were held all game, there was a hands to the face on Hendrickson and a facemask on Burrow that were not called. While I dont want a flag happy crew, the Bengals are one of the least penalized teams so when the refs throw minimal flags, even if it's impartial, it hurts our team.

Ron Torbert will head up an all-star (?) crew.  His regular crew sits slightly below average in the number of penalties per game.  Top calls are for holding, followed by false start and DPI. There don't seem to be any red flags about a personal favorite flag to highlight.  He has not worked a Bengal game this season.  He last worked the San Francisco-Green Bay playoff game 

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:12 PM)pally Wrote: Ron Torbert will head up an all-star (?) crew.  His regular crew sits slightly below average in the number of penalties per game.  Top calls are for holding, followed by false start and DPI. There don't seem to be any red flags about a personal favorite flag to highlight.  He has not worked a Bengal game this season.  He last worked the San Francisco-Green Bay playoff game 

We had him as a replacement for the first Chefs game (Hussey got sick), so he's already used to being with different crew members.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:19 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We had him as a replacement for the first Chefs game (Hussey got sick), so he's already used to being with different crew members.

thanks...

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:12 PM)pally Wrote: Ron Torbert will head up an all-star (?) crew.  His regular crew sits slightly below average in the number of penalties per game.  Top calls are for holding, followed by false start and DPI. There don't seem to be any red flags about a personal favorite flag to highlight.  He has not worked a Bengal game this season.  He last worked the San Francisco-Green Bay playoff game 

Good news on the holding and dpi
Reply/Quote