Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Early 2022 3-Round Mock
Players will rise and fall obviously between now and the 2022 NFL draft, but here's my go based on the limited research I've done on 2022 prospects.

My plan is to either extend Reiff or go get Taylor Moton if he hits FA (doubt they tag him again). That will solidify RT.
To help free up even more money for FAs, I predict the Bengals cut Trae Waynes next offseason, freeing up $11 mill in cap.

I also predict the Bengals will pick in the 10-15 range next draft.

Rd 1) Kaiir Elam, CB Florida (6'1", 187 lb) - Long, rangy, and quick. People probably remember his uncle, Matt Elam, who played for a few years in the NFL. Elam looks to be the real deal, and would probably be the top CB in the draft if it weren't for Derek Stingley (who is expected to go Top 10, possibly Top 5). Elam could come in and become that CB1 in place of Waynes.

Rd 2) Luke Matthews, C/G Texas A&M (6'4", 315 lb) - Projected to be one of the top C's to enter the draft next year, the Bengals decide to go after a guy who has great bloodlines. Matthews could also play LG if the team wanted to give him a year there before taking over at C for Hopkins.

Rd 3) Charlie Kolar, TE Iowa St (6'6", 252 lb) - I thought Kolar was going to declare for the 2021 draft after putting up 95 receptions for 1288 yards and 14 TDs in the past 24 games. I liked him as a Rd 3 prospect. He's a good pass catcher. He's a willing blocker, he just needs more practice and bulk. I doubt he gets much higher than Rd 3, as he does lack some agility and speed. He's probably who he is as this point from a pass catching standpoint.

I know LB wasn't addressed early, but if Pratt and Wilson don't show improvement this year, I want LB addressed in FA. They'll have the cap space to easily get a LB or two. Some notable ones that could hit FA are Jayon Brown (my preference), Rashaan Evans, Leighton Vander Esch, among others. 3T also wasn't addressed early, but I'm assuming Ogunjobi could get extended if he plays well enough and/or Cam Sample playing 3T (on passing downs at least).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 11:04 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Players will rise and fall obviously between now and the 2022 NFL draft, but here's my go based on the limited research I've done on 2022 prospects.

My plan is to either extend Reiff or go get Taylor Moton if he hits FA (doubt they tag him again). That will solidify RT.
To help free up even more money for FAs, I predict the Bengals cut Trae Waynes next offseason, freeing up $11 mill in cap.

I also predict the Bengals will pick in the 10-15 range next draft.

Rd 1) Kaiir Elam, CB Florida (6'1", 187 lb) - Long, rangy, and quick. People probably remember his uncle, Matt Elam, who played for a few years in the NFL. Elam looks to be the real deal, and would probably be the top CB in the draft if it weren't for Derek Stingley (who is expected to go Top 10, possibly Top 5). Elam could come in and become that CB1 in place of Waynes.

Rd 2) Luke Matthews, C/G Texas A&M (6'4", 315 lb) - Projected to be one of the top C's to enter the draft next year, the Bengals decide to go after a guy who has great bloodlines. Matthews could also play LG if the team wanted to give him a year there before taking over at C for Hopkins.

Rd 3) Charlie Kolar, TE Iowa St (6'6", 252 lb) - I thought Kolar was going to declare for the 2021 draft after putting up 95 receptions for 1288 yards and 14 TDs in the past 24 games. I liked him as a Rd 3 prospect. He's a good pass catcher. He's a willing blocker, he just needs more practice and bulk. I doubt he gets much higher than Rd 3, as he does lack some agility and speed. He's probably who he is as this point from a pass catching standpoint.

I know LB wasn't addressed early, but if Pratt and Wilson don't show improvement this year, I want LB addressed in FA. They'll have the cap space to easily get a LB or two. Some notable ones that could hit FA are Jayon Brown (my preference), Rashaan Evans, Leighton Vander Esch, among others. 3T also wasn't addressed early, but I'm assuming Ogunjobi could get extended if he plays well enough and/or Cam Sample playing 3T (on passing downs at least).
I would like to see one or two D lineman drafted this year but I 100% agree with you that CB will be the pick.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2021, 05:19 PM)J24 Wrote: I would like to see one or two D lineman drafted this year but I 100% agree with you that CB will be the pick.

I think Rd 1 will be either CB or possibly OL.

I thought about doing a DT in Rd 2 or Rd 3, but I definitely wanted to get an OL, so it was a toss-up between a TE or DT in Rd 3.
Decided on TE for this one since I had done research on Kolar this past draft season when it was thought he might declare.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Can’t fault the logic in your op. If Rieff isn’t resigned and the put most of their free agent eggs in the moton or Darryl Williams basket, fine by me. If this is the case I can totally see drafting a cb in 1 and cutting wayans. If he plays like he should then maybe we can get a lb in the draft.

I’m going to be curious to see where Ahmad Gardner from UC ranks on the draft boards next year. Would expect a guard early, matthews would be a great add. Have to keep my eyes on the tight end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
If they all had his heart!
https://youtu.be/9G7TZj46j-E
Reply/Quote