Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super bowl overtime rules
49ers should have deferred. Just another mistake by them. But had they handled the fourth down correctly they had a good shot at winning right there, however their aggressiveness got the better of them, they blew contain and Mahomes had an easy path.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 06:06 PM)Joelist Wrote: 49ers should have deferred. Just another mistake by them. But had they handled the fourth down correctly they had a good shot at winning right there, however their aggressiveness got the better of them, they blew contain and Mahomes had an easy path.

Their defense was gassed, so I think they figured if they gave KC the ball they'd be looking down the barrel of an 0-7 start to OT.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The ultimate game theory suggests taking the ball 2nd even worst case scenario giving up a TD you should go for 2 if you are fortunate enough to score I'd take a 2 try for the win over giving team that got it first another possession.
Reply/Quote
I would have deferred. If your defense can hold, you get the ball and can win it with a field goal. Worst thing that happens is they score and you have the chance to do the same.
Reply/Quote
I get the feeling the 49er calling the toss and winning it just decided they wanted the ball because he was thinking of the old overtime rules. In other words, he messed up.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 11:49 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I get the feeling the 49er calling the toss and winning it just decided they wanted the ball because he was thinking of the old overtime rules. In other words, he messed up.

One would think the coaches would have told him right before he went out there what to do if they won the toss. This failure was on the coaching staff.
Reply/Quote