Superbowl Pregame Mock
1 Joe Burrow, QB LSU

33 Kenneth Murray, LB Oklahoma

65 Prince Tega Wanogho, OT Auburn

97 Anfernee Jennings, EDGE Alabama

129 Jeremy Chinn, S Southern Illinois

160 Isaiah Hodgins, WR Oregon State

192 Calvin Throckmorton, OT Oregon

Having been pushing Joe since last season, obviously he's my #1 pick. Cool Then, with Patrick Queen's rapid rise to the 1st round on so many boards, Kenneth Murray was just sitting there for the taking at 33.

If I could have one pick back, it would likely be Wanogho, at the 65 slot. He's got the size and length, played on a strong team in a physical conference, but the knock on him is "lacking physicality and technique". This will be the pick to really test Turner's ability to develop a Tackle into the best he can be.

Also, with so many Edge defenders climbing up the boards in the past month, Anfernee Jennings was there at the top of the 4th? Gotta have him. He's been well coached at Bama, and their front 7 defenders usually live up to the hype. Took a chance on big, long bodied Saftey Jeremy Chinn. His football IQ is really high, reads QB's eyes and body language to rack up INTs and PDs, and is also known for making good sticks in run defense.

Went to the West Coast for long and fast Isaiah Hodgins. They say that he's got really strong hands and absorbs contact well, while in the air. And finally, Calvin Throckmorton. They've got him listed as a T, but let's face it, he's going to be a Guard in the NFL. He got some good reviews from the Senior Bowl, and I like him as a late round IOL prospect.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I like it overall. I'm not the biggest fan of Prince Tega Wanogho but at the top of the third round that is great value.

Edit: Just noticed you arent a fan of the pick either lol. He could develop into a great pass protector and ok run blocker I just dont believe he will develop into a great run blocker.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2020, 12:29 PM)Synric Wrote: I like it overall. I'm not the biggest fan of Prince Tega Wanogho but at the top of the third round that is great value.

Edit: Just noticed you arent a fan of the pick either lol. He could develop into a great pass protector and ok run blocker I just dont believe he will develop into a great run blocker.

Yeah, I'm with ya.  I wanted a T, and might have forced the pick.  Of the 3-4 T's that were still listed in the top 100 prospects, he just seemed like he had the highest ceiling, albeit with some warts..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I like it, good value at every pick. I might want a WR earlier than the 6th is probably my only complaint.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2020, 04:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like it, good value at every pick. I might want a WR earlier than the 6th is probably my only complaint.

I wanted one earlier, as well.  But when I read the reports on the ones available each round, they all look good, but we have other needs to fill.  If you couldn't notice, I went with the "BPA that fills a need" approach.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2020, 12:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: 1 Joe Burrow, QB LSU

33 Kenneth Murray, LB Oklahoma

65 Prince Tega Wanogho, OT Auburn

97 Anfernee Jennings, EDGE Alabama

129 Jeremy Chinn, S Southern Illinois

160 Isaiah Hodgins, WR Oregon State

192 Calvin Throckmorton, OT Oregon

Having been pushing Joe since last season, obviously he's my #1 pick.  Cool   Then, with Patrick Queen's rapid rise to the 1st round on so many boards, Kenneth Murray was just sitting there for the taking at 33.  

If I could have one pick back, it would likely be Wanogho, at the 65 slot.  He's got the size and length, played on a strong team in a physical conference, but the knock on him is "lacking physicality and technique".  This will be the pick to really test Turner's ability to develop a Tackle into the best he can be.

Also, with so many Edge defenders climbing up the boards in the past month, Anfernee Jennings was there at the top of the 4th?  Gotta have him.  He's been well coached at Bama, and their front 7 defenders usually live up to the hype.  Took a chance on big, long bodied Saftey Jeremy Chinn.  His football IQ is really high, reads QB's eyes and body language to rack up INTs and PDs, and is also known for making good sticks in run defense.

Went to the West Coast for long and fast Isaiah Hodgins.  They say that he's got really strong hands and absorbs contact well, while in the air.  And finally, Calvin Throckmorton.  They've got him listed as a T, but let's face it, he's going to be a Guard in the NFL.  He got some good reviews from the Senior Bowl, and I like him as a late round IOL prospect.
Pretty good Ol'boy! I'm not that big on Throckmorton. I actually watched the Senior Bowl and he was pretty much abused out at tackle. So maybe guard is his calling and if that's the case, I think there are better IOL in this draft. Splitting hairs here, I know we are talking 7th rd.
Reply/Quote