Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supernatural ***SPOILERS***
Is anyone watching this on Wednesday nights at 9 on the "WB"?

If so, we can discuss it here...

...if not, then let the thread die a slow horrible death.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
Is this a good show? I have seen it advertised but never watched.
Reply/Quote
I like it, it's fun and has demons, angels, evil stuff.

The first 4 seasons were the best then the show went kind of crazy. From the first two episodes this season though, it looks like it may get back to what the first 4 seasons were like, but it's too early to tell.

Just don't go in thinking about religion or the way things are in myth and legend. This show does their own thing and it's all messed up.
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 03:50 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I like it, it's fun and has demons, angels, evil stuff.

The first 4 seasons were the best then the show went kind of crazy. From the first two episodes this season though, it looks like it may get back to what the first 4 seasons were like, but it's too early to tell.

Just don't go in thinking about religion or the way things are in myth and legend. This show does their own thing and it's all messed up.

Thanks. Will give it a go
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I Netflixed the first 4 seasons and started on the fifth and was done. The story line just didn't make sense. Season 4 was the logical end and so it had to get crazy to keep it in the air.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 01:13 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Is this a good show?  I have seen it advertised but never watched.

One of the best shows on TV IMHO.

Not factual at all, so don't take it serious at all. But hilarious with a great cast and great writers.

Watch...

I haved watched the 10 seasons all episodes and recently watched the first 2 eps of this season.

Netflix man, do it. If you like funny supernatural shows with Demons, vamps, wendegos and every other kind of monster you should love it.

I remember when i watched the first episode and thought it was like watching a movie with the graphics. Sam and Dean rock.

Rock On
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 07:38 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, I Netflixed the first 4 seasons and started on the fifth and was done. The story line just didn't make sense. Season 4 was the logical end and so it had to get crazy to keep it in the air.

Season 4 ends with Lucifer rising from the cage, it was a great cliffhanger but it wouldn't work as a series finale imo. Now season 5's ending could've worked as a series finale minus the last 10 or so seconds of that episode. I don't know if you've seen it which is why I'm not saying exactly what it is. I personally don't care for seasons 6 & 7, I think they're easily the weakest, but I think for the most part they've bounced back starting with season 8.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 02:09 PM)Bryan Wrote: Season 4 ends with Lucifer rising from the cage, it was a great cliffhanger but it wouldn't work as a season finale imo. Now season 5's ending could've worked as a series finale minus the last 10 or so seconds of that episode. I don't know if you've seen it which is why I'm not saying exactly what it is. I personally don't care for seasons 6 & 7, I think they're easily the weakest, but I think for the most part they've bounced back starting with season 8.

Wait, season 5 is when Lucifer and Michael are pushed into the "Cage" by Sam?

If that's the case, then watch all of season 5 too, the guy who plays Lucifer does an excellent job.

To catch up, there are 10 seasons in total with this season being 11, lol. Almost 200 episodes before this season...lol, have fun.

The Leviathans are a fun bunch as well. The play on words during this time is hilarious with things like "The rise of Dick" talking about Richard Romans rise to power, lol.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 02:09 PM)Bryan Wrote: Season 4 ends with Lucifer rising from the cage, it was a great cliffhanger but it wouldn't work as a season finale imo. Now season 5's ending could've worked as a series finale minus the last 10 or so seconds of that episode. I don't know if you've seen it which is why I'm not saying exactly what it is. I personally don't care for seasons 6 & 7, I think they're easily the weakest, but I think for the most part they've bounced back starting with season 8.

Maybe I was wrong about when I stopped? I don't know, it's been a while now. Wherever we stopped it was the original end the creators had in mind.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 02:49 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Maybe I was wrong about when I stopped? I don't know, it's been a while now. Wherever we stopped it was the original end the creators had in mind.

Season 5 is where Eric Kripke planned to end the show, minus Sam mysteriously being freed from the cage. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't like this whole storyline about "Rowena" or whatever her name is, she should be killed off in my opinion.

Seriously, the mother of the "king of hell" surviving and being more powerful than her son just isn't good story telling in my opinion. I just don't like it very much.

But this storyline about the "Darkness" that God locked away at the creation of the universe could be good. It's only 3 episodes into this season and I hope it has a path.

I think the "Darkness" was locked up inside Cane and when Cane passed the mark to Dean, the "Darkness" was passed to him. When the mark was removed from Dean, the mark had no place to go so the "Darkness" was released on the world.

I also think this will be the last season or storyline for this show. They will be able to stretch it out over two seasons but the only way the "Darkness" can be destroyed will be by God but first, God has to return.
Reply/Quote
Been a fan of the show for years. Some of the seasons sucked but still captured my attention. This season has been pretty good so far. The Darkness will hopefully force the return of some past characters or even God.

Death told Dean that it took God and his archangels to defeat the darkness the first time. Well, there are no Archangels left that we are aware of. Michael and Lucifer are in the cage, and Raphael and Gabriel were killed. Gabriel could have used a trick to deceive Lucifer. I'm still not convinced Death was killed. I find it very hard to believe Death would hand Dean the only weapon in creation that could kill him, especially when any other weapon would be suffice in killing Sam.

We already had mention of Michael and Lucifer in the first episode. God gave Sam visions in the second episode. When Cas asked Gabriel if he was really did in that gas station, Gabriel never denied it. We never saw Dean deliver the killing blow to Cain ( Wish they would introduce Abel).

All I'm saying is the Darkness is the most powerful big baddy they have ever faced. And they are going to need all the help they can get.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 02:35 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Wait, season 5 is when Lucifer and Michael are pushed into the "Cage" by Sam?

If that's the case, then watch all of season 5 too, the guy who plays Lucifer does an excellent job.

To catch up, there are 10 seasons in total with this season being 11, lol. Almost 200 episodes before this season...lol, have fun.

The Leviathans are a fun bunch as well. The play on words during this time is hilarious with things like "The rise of Dick" talking about Richard Romans rise to power, lol.

Actually the Leviathan turned off a bunch of the people i know.

"Evidentally standing too close to exploding Dick sends you straight to pergatory" LMAO

Funny ass show, everybody has their likes and dislikes but the whole key is to not take it too seriously.

I could get offended with how Dean always blames God for everything but why?

Not my deal, love the show.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 11:28 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I don't like this whole storyline about "Rowena" or whatever her name is, she should be killed off in my opinion.

Seriously, the mother of the "king of hell" surviving and being more powerful than her son just isn't good story telling in my opinion. I just don't like it very much.

But this storyline about the "Darkness" that God locked away at the creation of the universe could be good. It's only 3 episodes into this season and I hope it has a path.

I think the "Darkness" was locked up inside Cane and when Cane passed the mark to Dean, the "Darkness" was passed to him. When the mark was removed from Dean, the mark had no place to go so the "Darkness" was released on the world.

I also think this will be the last season or storyline for this show. They will be able to stretch it out over two seasons but the only way the "Darkness" can be destroyed will be by God but first, God has to return.

Rowena is kind of funny man, i don't mind her that much.

Completely agree with you on the Darkness, Cain and the end though. Sad, but it has to come to an end some time. Cry

Atleast do it with the Lord returning. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Dean has been getting his arse whooped a bunch this season, lol.

The way this season is going, I believe this is it for the series. While I do believe it can be stretched out over two seasons, there is nowhere else it can go after this storyline is finished Unless it keeps going with just monster hunting. That would be boring though if there's nothing to follow.
Reply/Quote
Big spoiler if you haven't watched the show yet coming in 3...2...1...

The writers messed up by making "The Darkness" Gods sister. It would have better served the theme of the show from beginning to end to have it where God locked a part of himself away, the Darkness inside him as a sacrifice to create rather than a sister. It would have been better to have the darkness try to get back and become one with God, not a revenge type of thing. Just my opinion on how this story should play out is all.

But...

What's up with Sam and Cass becoming all passive and not wanting to kill? They were both infected, so that's what they have in common, but not kill? That's weird.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 12:19 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Big spoiler if you haven't watched the show yet coming in 3...2...1...

The writers messed up by making "The Darkness" Gods sister. It would have better served the theme of the show from beginning to end to have it where God locked a part of himself away, the Darkness inside him as a sacrifice to create rather than a sister. It would have been better to have the darkness try to get back and become one with God, not a revenge type of thing. Just my opinion on how this story should play out is all.

But...

What's up with Sam and Cass becoming all passive and not wanting to kill? They were both infected, so that's what they have in common, but not kill? That's weird.

Bogosity of a most immense nature...
Reply/Quote
Don't know about being GODs sister. And why would he have to betray her to be able to build his creations? I do like that they showed the cage and interested in how that plays out.
Reply/Quote
I don't like is that Lucifer is no longer portrayed by Mark Pellegrino from now on, but that was inevitable considering his old vessel 'Nick' was destroyed years ago

Misha (Castiel) pulled him off pretty nicely I think, you could tell it was Lucifer just from looking at his face
Reply/Quote
I'm glad Rowena is dead. She can go back to doing the voice of one of the characters on "Sophia the First" now, lol.

So, is Lucifer more powerful than before since he now has Cass as his Vessel?

How will Sam and Dean save Cass?

Felicia Day was killed off last season and Garth is a werewolf now. Kevin is dead and the only angels left are Metatron and dude in Heavens Garden. Well, of course God is still out there as well and Lucifer said Micheal is sitting in a corner singing show tunes and touching himself, lol.

I'm just trying to figure out how this is going to end.
Reply/Quote