Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supplemental Pick Prospects
the last guy we grabbed wasn't so bad.. He was just always hurt for us so we had let him go...

Ahmed Brooks I believe.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 01:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the last guy we grabbed wasn't so bad.. He was just always hurt for us so we had let him go...

Ahmed Brooks I believe.

Yeah, went on to be a pro bowler for the 49ers.   He fit their 3-4 scheme better than ours and was healthy.   He had a lot of physical ability.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 03:06 PM)3wt Wrote: Yeah, went on to be a pro bowler for the 49ers.   He fit their 3-4 scheme better than ours and was healthy.   He had a lot of physical ability.

had a naggying groin injury while here I believe.  At the wrong time  too the year we lost all our LBers to injury... even the guys we were bring in off the street were going to IR that year...     I believe we also had Justin smith pulling LB duties lol
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 01:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the last guy we grabbed wasn't so bad.. He was just always hurt for us so we had let him go...

Ahmed Brooks I believe.

Plus he punched a woman in the face in his neighborhood and it seems I remember him getting into some type of altercation at a waterpark, but I could be mistaken on that one.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 04:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Plus he punched a woman in the face in his neighborhood and it seems I remember him getting into some type of altercation at a waterpark, but I could be mistaken on that one.

Well I don't remember any of that...  Of course at the time it was probly over shadowed by whatever Henry and Odell were doing.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2018, 08:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: From Cincinnati.com:

This year’s supplemental draft group might pique the Bengals interest, though.

Virginia Tech defensive back Adonis Alexander is now eligible to be selected. A three-year player for the Hokies, he has seven interceptions and 17 passes defensed. He’s a 6-foot, 3-inch, 207 pound player who has some versatility and fits some physical profiles for the Bengals.

Joining Alexander are Mississippi State safety Brandon Bryant and Western Michigan corner Sam Beal and they, too, fit positions and physical traits that suit the Bengals.

Bryant is just 5-11, 200 pounds but has been clocked running the 40-yard dash as low as 4.24 seconds and is incredibly strong. Beal is 6-2, 195 pounds and finished his career with two interceptions and 10 passes defensed.

The Bengals have some late round picks to play with.

They own all of their own picks in 2019 and are expected to have up to five, sixth-round picks (their own, one from Dallas in the Bené Benwikeretrade, and a projected three compensatory picks). While they don’t have the supplemental selections right now, they safely can presume they’ll get at least one and could therefore give up their own pick in the supplemental process without a blink.

The process for selecting players in the supplemental draft is different than the regular draft, however. Teams will submit the highest round they are willing to give up for a player, and if another team matches that round, the player will go to the team that has the highest draft order from the previous season. It does give the Bengals an advantage should they choose to make a pick, because they would have the 12th pick in each round.

I would love the sound of one of those safeties further bringing competition to a position group that has been very average for some time.  Although I am also intrigued to see what Brandon Wilson can do now that he has had a year to acclimate himself and should be healthy.  He is a hell of a returner, also.

Good stuff, since we have so many 6th rounders i wouldn't mind giving one up for Beal.

Nice press Corner.
Reply/Quote