Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nfl rules question
Is there a rule that says all players have to be human?  What if we trained a bear or a gorilla to carry a football?  Would that be legal?

Or what about a human with prosthetic limbs like the Blade Runner from the Olympics?  Give him some super springy legs that would allow him to jump ten feet in the air to catch a pass.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2018, 12:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Is there a rule that says all players have to be human?  What if we trained a bear or a gorilla to carry a football?  Would that be legal?

Or what about a human with prosthetic limbs like the Blade Runner from the Olympics?  Give him some super springy legs that would allow him to jump ten feet in the air to catch a pass.

Penalties would be my concern with a bear or gorilla..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Now I'm picturing Brad streaking to the end zone like...

[Image: indy_crash-1.jpg]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2018, 12:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Is there a rule that says all players have to be human?  What if we trained a bear or a gorilla to carry a football?  Would that be legal?

If that becomes allowed, I'd love to see Isaiah Pead back in the NFL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
And this thread officially marks the breaking point of the offseason..
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(06-04-2018, 01:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Now I'm picturing Brad streaking to the end zone like...

[Image: indy_crash-1.jpg]

Hell yeah!

My electric wheelchair can go 6 mph and can carry up to 500 lbs!  

I'd cripple fools!
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2018, 02:51 PM)Millhouse Wrote: And this thread officially marks the breaking point of the offseason..

Hey, what about those white Bengal helmets with black stripes?

Who thinks we should wear those sometimes?
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2018, 03:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hey, what about those white Bengal helmets with black stripes?

I do when they wear the white and black unis. The normal helmets color clash way too much with those.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Since it's not entirely clear if being a human being is an absolute requirement who not just sign an Abrams tank as the next running back and since it doesn't have knees it can't really be tackled. ..? 
I demand clarification from Roger on this . Wait, don't they at least have to go to college and play college football at some point ? 
There may be some precedent since Pittsburgh had a self admitted bus as a running back some years back .. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-04-2018, 04:03 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I do when they wear the white and black unis. The normal helmets color clash way too much with those.

I prefer the term "stand out".
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-04-2018, 03:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hey, what about those white Bengal helmets with black stripes?

I'm still waiting for pink gingham and lace to force them to be mentally tougher .. Put a bunch of grown men in those colors and they gotta be tough! It probably wouldn't go over too good on tv though . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

I think the only animals wearing uniforms that we will see on the gridiron are monkeys riding dogs herding sheep.  

Cyborgs are a possibility, but genetically engineered football players are the most likely future

Reply/Quote
(06-04-2018, 07:27 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: I think the only animals wearing uniforms that we will see on the gridiron are monkeys riding dogs herding sheep.  

Cyborgs are a possibility, but genetically engineered football players are the most likely future

ROBOTS!!!!!

https://youtu.be/sFZjqVnWBhc
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2018, 02:58 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hell yeah!

My electric wheelchair can go 6 mph and can carry up to 500 lbs!  

I'd cripple fools!

[Image: Edtw6m8f2g-4.png]

Reply/Quote

They have Little Person Bowling where a little person agrees to be the Bowling ball.

Around the Goal line, a little person could hold onto the ball and then be thrown over the pile by another player for a touch down.

This would put the NFL in another Politically Charged situation where some players Kneel to stop it and others want to allow it.

Baseball tried a version of this with the smaller strike zone, small person as the batter decades & decades ago. It was successful at first.

A tough little person (or Gio) that can hang onto the football could make millions yet the Commissioner could bow to Political pressure to stop it.

The NFL would go against Trump's initial reaction to it at first, go in circles on the issue for a few years and then go with Trump's initial reaction later which would likely be to let any tough little person that wants to do it, shine in the role and make millions.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2018, 01:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If that becomes allowed, I'd love to see Isaiah Pead back in the NFL.

don't think he did anything with 2 good legs of note.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2018, 12:37 PM)depthchart Wrote: They have Little Person Bowling where a little person agrees to be the Bowling ball.

Around the Goal line, a little person could hold onto the ball and then be thrown over the pile by another player for a touch down.

This would put the NFL in another Politically Charged situation where some players Kneel to stop it and others want to allow it.

Baseball tried a version of this with the smaller strike zone, small person as the batter decades & decades ago. It was successful at first.

A tough little person (or Gio) that can hang onto the football could make millions yet the Commissioner could bow to Political pressure to stop it.

The NFL would go against Trump's initial reaction to it at first, go in circles on the issue for a few years and then go with Trump's initial reaction later which would likely be to let any tough little person that wants to do it, shine in the role and make millions.  Mellow
I believe that would be illegal... You cant use other players to launch yourself... (like running up the back of your OL guys etc...)  so another guy tossing you would be illegal motion  or illegal forward pass lol.
Reply/Quote

Someday the NFL will be 7 on 7 Fox Cletus robots.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2018, 01:57 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I believe that would be illegal... You cant use other players to launch yourself... (like running up the back of your OL guys etc...)  so another guy tossing you would be illegal motion  or illegal forward pass lol.

It would create a Major Political Storm if legalized.

May even lead to "Inflate Gate" where Helium gets put into the Football by the Patriots to take the ball carrier high above the line of scrimmage.
Reply/Quote
place kicker

[Image: gus.jpg?w=600&h=0&zc=1&s=0&a...t&q=89]
Reply/Quote