Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suprise! No tapes!
Trump admitted today he never recorded conversations between Comey and himself. Comey must of breathed a sign of relief. LOL
(06-22-2017, 04:28 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Trump admitted today he never recorded conversations between Comey and himself. Comey must of brethed a sign of relief. LOL

Trump made crap up?  I'm stunned.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Read his statement very carefully. He tweeted HE didn't record anything and if tapes exist HE doesn't know about them or where they are.

He should have just added "But I don't know what Reince is up to in the next room over"
Comey didn't know there were no tapes when he testified. It was the best way to get him to tell the truth.
(06-22-2017, 08:41 PM)tigerseye Wrote: Comey didn't know there were no tapes when he testified. It was the best way to get him to tell the truth.

Yep!  Trump is smarter than many want to give him credit for.  He trolled Comey into telling the truth, rather than his version of the truth.  Kind of nice that he revealed the dirty on Loretta Lynch and the Clinton "matter" in the process.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-22-2017, 04:28 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Trump admitted today he never recorded conversations between Comey and himself. Comey must of breathed a sign of relief. LOL

Lol!  What were you hoping to accomplish by this post?  Pretty much everyone can clearly see that Trump played Comey, and Trump got his desired result from the matter.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-22-2017, 07:59 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Read his statement very carefully. He tweeted HE didn't record anything and if tapes exist HE doesn't know about them or where they are.

He should have just added "But I don't know what Reince is up to in the next room over"

I noticed that too.

Trump's statement doesn't say there aren't recordings. He just denied being involved with any possible surveillence that may have taken place.
(06-22-2017, 08:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Lol!  What were you hoping to accomplish by this post?  Pretty much everyone can clearly see that Trump played Comey, and Trump got his desired result from the matter.

What was Trump's desired result?

Comey said he hoped there WERE tapes (because he was telling the truth.)

Instead it's just another in a long line of stupid tweets the POTUS sent out that he had to backtrack on.

Most people realize that it makes Comey's statements look even better.

Well not to Trump's (non) supporters...
(06-22-2017, 10:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: What was Trump's desired result?

Comey said he hoped there WERE tapes (because he was telling the truth.)

Instead it's just another in a long line of stupid tweets the POTUS sent out that he had to backtrack on.

Most people realize that it makes Comey's statements look even better.

Well not to Trump's (non) supporters...

A.  Trump's desired result was for Comey to tell the truth.  Not just a version of the truth.

B.  Comey should hope that there were tapes.  He outed Loretta Lynch for ordering him to cover on the Clinton email "matter".  No one asked him about that, he volunteered that information.  I feel like the "threat" of tapes from his conversations with the Pres. may have inspired that forthcoming of information.

C.  Trump hasn't had to "backtrack" a word, in relation to the Russia non-issue.

D.  Uh, most people like Comey's professional demeanor.  What he says and said is still up for debate.

E.  What???

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-22-2017, 11:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: A.  Trump's desired result was for Comey to tell the truth.  Not just a version of the truth.

B.  Comey should hope that there were tapes.  He outed Loretta Lynch for ordering him to cover on the Clinton email "matter".  No one asked him about that, he volunteered that information.  I feel like the "threat" of tapes from his conversations with the Pres. may have inspired that forthcoming of information.

C.  Trump hasn't had to "backtrack" a word, in relation to the Russia non-issue.

D.  Uh, most people like Comey's professional demeanor.  What he says and said is still up for debate.

E.  What???

A. Why would Comey lie?  His years of professionalism versus Trump? It's a no-brainer that Comey went in there to tell the truth.  Not "his version".  He had the notes.  All anyone had to do was compare them to his testimony.

B. Comey said as much.  He knew he was telling the truth and, in his own words, was afraid the POTUS would not.  How that isn't scary to you I don't understand.  You can "feel" anyway you like.  Comey was as honest as Trump is not.

C. Maybe backtrack is the wrong word.  Trump throws shit out constantly and never backs it up.  Makes accusations, shares conspiracies, claims he has proof...he just talks out his arse and then when it's shown that what he was doing his supporters say "Well, he didn't lie...he just implied and then continued to hedge untol he had to tell the truth."

D. See A.

E. Trump's supporters will refuse to see anything wrong about his behavior.  That's why campaigning against him is fruitless.  They don't believe what they see and hear...they believe what  they "know".  Sadly enough people bought the snake oil the last time.  Hopefully those numbers will continue to dwindle as he continues to make a mockery of the office.

(non) supporters are those who insist they didn't want to vote for him or claim they didn't vote for him but refuse to ackowledge any of the batshit crazy stuff he says and does on a regular basis.

It's one thing to be non-pc...it's another to have the POTUS tweet name-calling about members of congress for example.

He's a loon...and people love him because they can't admit they were hoodwinked.
Just wanted to add that the POTUS doesn't think comey told the truth.

So if his end game with the lie statement about possible tapes was force Comey to tell the truth...does he think it worked?
(06-23-2017, 11:31 AM)GMDino Wrote: Just wanted to add that the POTUS doesn't think comey told the truth.

So if his end game with the lie statement about possible tapes was force Comey to tell the truth...does he think it worked?

I don't think he's talking about Comey there.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(06-23-2017, 12:00 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't think he's talking about Comey there.

Then who?  He tweeted that after Comey's testimony.
(06-23-2017, 12:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: Then who?  He tweeted that after Comey's testimony.

He is saying Comey vindicated him after all the lies that have been reported about him.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(06-23-2017, 12:29 PM)michaelsean Wrote: He is saying Comey vindicated him after all the lies that have been reported about him.

So he's still delusional.

Makes sense.

I guess that's why they stopped the investigation after that and didn't start investigating the POTUS.   Mellow
(06-22-2017, 08:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Lol!  What were you hoping to accomplish by this post?  Pretty much everyone can clearly see that Trump played Comey, and Trump got his desired result from the matter.

To me it looks like Trump was afraid and stupidly tried to intimidate Comey publicly with his tweet, thus opening himself to charges of obstruction.  Nothing Comey said vindicated Trump, but Trump claimed he was vindicated. Nothing that is happening now, especially the special counsel, is what Trump wanted.

In some crazy way, this could seem a win for most Trump supporters. But those who are not drinking that koolaid will see in these erratic, ill thought out tweets an instability and inability to understand consequences which is very dangerous in a commander in chief. These storms of erratic and contradictory tweets mirror the disinformation campaigns of totalitarian states. Even some Trumpsters are beginning to suspect he has thrown gasoline on the Russia fire he wanted put out.  

How this affects US allies is also a consideration. The one world superpower has an erratic and uninformed executive with bad judgment. A reality star people like to watch to "see what will happen."

The recent tweet thanking China "for trying" is also a concern.
Trump didn't play shit. He is too stupid. It was a he said she said. There were a couple of instances that Trump said Comey was lying about. Trump tried to bluff Comey to watch what he said before testifying before congress. If the commander in tweets did tape the conversation, he wouldn't produce it no matter what. Any tapes would only prove once more what a lying turd Trump is.
(06-23-2017, 06:02 PM)Dill Wrote: To me it looks like Trump was afraid and stupidly tried to intimidate Comey publicly with his tweet, thus opening himself to charges of obstruction.  Nothing Comey said vindicated Trump, but Trump claimed he was vindicated. Nothing that is happening now, especially the special counsel, is what Trump wanted.

In some crazy way, this could seem a win for most Trump supporters. But those who are not drinking that koolaid will see in these erratic, ill thought out tweets an instability and inability to understand consequences which is very dangerous in a commander in chief. These storms of erratic and contradictory tweets mirror the disinformation campaigns of totalitarian states. Even some Trumpsters are beginning to suspect he has thrown gasoline on the Russia fire he wanted put out.  

How this affects US allies is also a consideration. The one world superpower has an erratic and uninformed executive with bad judgment. A reality star people like to watch to "see what will happen."

The recent tweet thanking China "for trying" is also a concern.

Well, there you have it.  Different people, different perspective.  What is humorous, is both people likely feel like their interpretation is the correct one.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
The only other way to get Comey to tell the truth would be water boarding. However, since the left is really against it, he just figured he would play the game like the left does. Seemed effective. Why not? Hilarious
So two weeks ago Trump claimed Comey lied during his testimony. Now Trump claims to have tricked Comey into telling the truth with a dishonest tweet?

And people still fall for this shit.

Two. F'n. Weeks. Ago.