Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sure glad...
..that Cam Newton used the offseason after that SB implosion and post game temper tantrum to improve himself as a person and make himself more mature and likable. Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
He did?

Right now Carolina is lucky to be leading. They got away with a couple of howlers in terms of illegal plays, and they are getting strafed by a kid making his first NFL start.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 10:57 PM)Joelist Wrote: He did?

Right now Carolina is lucky to be leading. They got away with a couple of howlers in terms of illegal plays, and they are getting strafed by a kid making his first NFL start.

No, not even slightly. That's why I put the ninja.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 10:57 PM)Joelist Wrote: He did?

Good thing the Bengals got those last two wins in 2010, or he'd be our QB.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 08:59 AM)jason Wrote: Good thing the Bengals got those last two wins in 2010, or he'd be our QB.

And either AJ Green or Julio Jones would likely be playing for the Browns because the Bengals wouldn't take AJ, so the Falcons would not have to trade up as far to get Julio.

The next WR taken after Dalton was drafted? Titus Young. Ouch.

So the Bengals could have theoretically come out of there with Cam Newton and Titus Young, and the Browns might have gotten either Julio or AJ.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 06:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And either AJ Green or Julio Jones would likely be playing for the Browns because the Bengals wouldn't take AJ, so the Falcons would not have to trade up as far to get Julio.

The next WR taken after Dalton was drafted? Titus Young. Ouch.

So the Bengals could have theoretically come out of there with Cam Newton and Titus Young, and the Browns might have gotten either Julio or AJ.
Theoretically, that's a very plausible outcome if that's how the draft order fell, but it's the Browns so they would have found a way to blow landing AJ or Julio even when they fell in their laps.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 07:13 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Theoretically, that's a very plausible outcome if that's how the draft order fell, but it's the Browns so they would have found a way to blow landing AJ or Julio even when they fell in their laps.

They could have had Julio. They traded the pick to the Falcons for what came to essentially nothing. Phil Taylor, Brandon Weeden, Greg Little, Owen Marecic and the ability to trade up 1 slot in 2012 to get Trent Richardson.

When it comes to the Browns, one phrase rings true.

"You can't fix stupid."
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 10:29 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: They could have had Julio. They traded the pick to the Falcons for what came to essentially nothing. Phil Taylor, Brandon Weeden, Greg Little, Owen Marecic and the ability to trade up 1 slot in 2012 to get Trent Richardson.

When it comes to the Browns, one phrase rings true.

"You can't fix stupid."
Marecic is actually the relative of somebody I'm friends with on Facebook. I only know that because after Burfict's suspension she posted a video of Burfict getting a penalty for spearing him in college.

But yeah, the Browns picks have been worse than picking by chance for much of the last 15 years.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote