Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sure tackle or punch at the ball?
It was pretty obvious that the Cincinnati defenders were going all out trying to punch the ball out of the Ravens players hands. With that it resulted in zero forced fumbles. It also resulted in like 10 first downs for the Ravens in yards after contact. Going up against the Chiefs who’s offense is built for yards after catch we need to absolutely do our best at wrapping up.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 09:19 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: It was pretty obvious that the Cincinnati defenders were going all out trying to punch the ball out of the Ravens players hands. With that it resulted in zero forced fumbles. It also resulted in like 10 first downs for the Ravens in yards after contact. Going up against the Chiefs who’s offense is built for yards after catch we need to absolutely do our best at wrapping up.

Tackle. Just stick with the fundamentals, can't go wrong there. I'm hoping the offense can eat up the clock while moving the chains. I'd like to see more play-action as well.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Second guy in can punch at the ball... I prefer sure tackling. Havin' said that... Sometimes it's right there for the taking.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 09:21 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Tackle. Just stick with the fundamentals, can't go wrong there. I'm hoping the offense can eat up the clock while moving the chains. I'd like to see more play-action as well.

This. We need to tackle well to win this game against KC. Punching the ball out is a desperation move, but I do love our guys tearing
at the ball as long as the player is going nowhere. Play fundamentally disciplined Defense, tackle well and stick like glue to Kelce and 
Hill. Need to stop the run first though and make sure Mahomes stays in the pocket, he will get his but once he gets out of the pocket 
he is probably the best. I like our guy too though, which is pretty damn sweet.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 09:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This. We need to tackle well to win this game against KC. Punching the ball out is a desperation move, but I do love our guys tearing
at the ball as long as the player is going nowhere. Play fundamentally disciplined Defense, tackle well and stick like glue to Kelce and 
Hill. Need to stop the run first though and make sure Mahomes stays in the pocket, he will get his but once he gets out of the pocket 

Somebody other than Hendrickson needs to get after him. We need Ogunjobi, Hill, Hubbard, and even Hilton to bring it... You too Lou.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 09:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This. We need to tackle well to win this game against KC. Punching the ball out is a desperation move, but I do love our guys tearing

I know it was the Steelers that KC was playing against, but they impressed me on how their D was shutting down rushing to the edge.

They were swarming to the tackle and shut off the outside.

Hope Zac understands this and prepares our run game against those guys.

Sorry got a bit off topic. LOL

Yeah our D needs to wrap up and stop allowing extra yards after initial contact instead of punching at the ball so much.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 09:22 PM)jason Wrote: Second guy in can punch at the ball... I prefer sure tackling. Havin' said that... Sometimes it's right there for the taking.

Yup, pretty much this is where I stand too unless you're Charles Tillman then you always have a green light.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 09:30 PM)jason Wrote: Somebody other than Hendrickson needs to get after him. We need Ogunjobi, Hill, Hubbard, and even Hilton to bring it... You too Lou.

I think we need to play Mahomes a lot like we played Lamar the first time we played the Ravens. Hubbard needs to seal 
that edge and keep Mahomes inside where Hendrickson and company can feast on him from the blindside. How is the KC 
O-line health wise is my question? Need to find their weakness on that OL and attack it like mad dogs.

(12-27-2021, 09:33 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I know it was the Steelers that KC was playing against, but they impressed me on how their D was shutting down rushing to the edge.

They were swarming to the tackle and shut off the outside.

Hope Zac understands this and prepares our run game against those guys.

Sorry got a bit off topic. LOL

Yeah our D needs to wrap up and stop allowing extra yards after initial contact instead of punching at the ball so much.

The Chiefs have a fast D, we might want to try and just beat them up through the middle of their D-Line and be more
physical with these guys. Could be a good game for Mixon and Perine. I liked how we used Evans on the outside on the 
one play against the Ravens yesterday. Was a perfect pass from Burrow just perfect coverage from the Ravens on that
play going for the TD.

YAC is key in this game no question as that is what the Chiefs do the best.
Reply/Quote
If you're the first guy there, tackle. If you're the third guy there, grip it and rip it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How often do tackles produce fumbles?
How often do missed tackles create much bigger plays?

There is your answer!
Reply/Quote
There’s a song by the Fabulous Thunderbirds which contains the answer: “Wrap It Up.”
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Always wrap up. If you can punch the ball out from behind or spear the ball with your helmet in the process do that, but still wrap up.
Reply/Quote