Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surefire way to improve the Ravens secondary!
Have them play against a 35 year old, second string, oft injured, running QB who hasn't been with the team long enough to understand the offense.

IMHO Vick's strong point (when he was young) was the long ball and his legs. I don't think either of those will come into play much tonight.

Add to that the Steeler's D's best player still on IR and THEIR secondary in shambles still PLUS the Ravens in desperation mode to not go 0-4 and 0-2 in the division and you have the makings of a bad, bad game from a Steelers' fan perspective.

There's a reason they play the games and don't just go by stats and projections...so we shall see...but they have stats and projections for a reason.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
Best way to improve the Raven's defense?

Just give the other team 6 points and let them try to block the extra point.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
[Image: e9282.bluedancer.jpg]

Sign these guys
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 09:20 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: [Image: e9282.bluedancer.jpg]

Sign these guys

Reply/Quote
Bell will catch 36 passes for 952 receiving yds and 12 TDs, and the ball will have traveled a total of 12 yards beyond the line of scrimmage.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 09:30 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Bell will catch 36 passes for 952 receiving yds and 12 TDs, and the ball will have traveled a total of 12 yards beyond the line of scrimmage.

Did the Steelers pick up Tom Brady?  Ninja
Reply/Quote
Steelers still have Brown and Bell.  They are at home. Ravens secondary/Def has been garbage. Vick is still more athletic than most starters and can toss the ball with a flick of da wrist.
Going to be a close game
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 09:52 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Steelers still have Brown and Bell.  They are at home. Ravens secondary/Def has been garbage. Vick is still more athletic than most starters.
Going to be a close game

Maybe.  I just have little faith in Vick.  And that was BEFORE he was a Steeler.  The Ravens D will be able to sit back and not worry about many different plays or audibles.  

We shall see.
Reply/Quote
There should be a clause where if you have the worst secondary in the NFL you can add 12th man ? I mean come on guys we need to give em a chance to finish above the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 09:54 AM)GMDino Wrote: Maybe.  I just have little faith in Vick.  And that was BEFORE he was a Steeler.  The Ravens D will be able to sit back and not worry about many different plays or audibles.  

We shall see.

Steelers maintain the lead for most of the game until Flacco hits a 5 yard pass to Steve Smith on 4th @ 12 and Smith breaks six tackles on the way to the endzone, spurring a bunch of people to yap about how clutch Flacco is. Vick shreds the pathetic Ravens D for the go ahead score by throwing repeatedly to an inexplicably single covered Brown and Flacco tosses a choke job pick in Smith's direction to give the Steelers the W, 24-20.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 12:37 PM)Whatever Wrote: Steelers maintain the lead for most of the game until Flacco hits a 5 yard pass to Steve Smith on 4th @ 12 and Smith breaks six tackles on the way to the endzone, spurring a bunch of people to yap about how clutch Flacco is.  Vick shreds the pathetic Ravens D for the go ahead score by throwing repeatedly to an inexplicably single covered Brown and Flacco tosses a choke job pick in Smith's direction to give the Steelers the W, 24-20.

I feel like I've seen that show before.

Smirk

[Image: CarelessGreatBichonfrise.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 02:08 PM)GMDino Wrote: I feel like I've seen that show before.

Smirk

[Image: CarelessGreatBichonfrise.gif]
That was Daltonesque...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 07:37 PM)jason Wrote: That was Daltonesque...

Impossible.

That was in the divisional round.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 07:37 PM)jason Wrote: That was Daltonesque...

What I find funny is Flacco's WR's usually bail him out a lot and Smith just gave up on that.  Doesn't it look like he could have made a play rather than try to knock the defender down?
Reply/Quote
Ravens going 0-16 this year if Vick wins today.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 09:39 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Ravens going 0-16 this year if Vick wins today.

Nahh. They'll beat the Browns twice. Yawn
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Fake field goal… Good call Harbs
Reply/Quote
I think the wacky, waving arm guy was covering Brown last night. How did they manage to stop him?

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 11:01 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I think the wacky, waving arm guy was covering Brown last night. How did they manage to stop him?

I think they need to let Vick run the offense and do his thing. This crap of having him throw to a guy right at the line of scrimmage with 10 defenders waiting on him and letting the wide receiver do all the work won't cut it. Don't give me that crap of we want to build his confidence up, and slowly work his way into throwing it down field. He's a professional. of what, like 15 years or so? If he need his confidence built up after all this time, there's something wrong. If he's not going to throw it downfield more and doing these 1 and 2 yard passes, I'd rather they just let Landry in there.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 11:16 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I think they need to let Vick run the offense and do his thing. This crap of having him throw to a guy right at the line of scrimmage with 10 defenders waiting on him and letting the wide receiver do all the work won't cut it. Don't give me that crap of we want to build his confidence up, and slowly work his way into throwing it down field. He's a professional.  of what, like 15 years or so? If he need his confidence built up after all this time, there's something wrong. If he's not going to throw it downfield more and doing these 1 and 2 yard passes, I'd rather they just let Landry in there.

yea, Vick isn't Charlie Batch or some journeyman back up. He was a dynamic QB in the league for years. Sure, he isn't what he used to be, but he still can be dynamic if he plays Michael Vick football. 

They should have had him challenge the secondary a lot more than they did. 

Reply/Quote