Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surprise cuts
Hunt could easily go and no one would notice outside of the message board community

I'd say Gilberry but I think he has a resurgent year now that he won't have to play full time again and can be used more inside.

AJ Hawk I could see if he has a slow start and Dawson shows up big.
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 02:34 PM)CinciREborn Wrote: Andy Dalton

Cant say there would be a whole lot of surprise in that one.
Reply/Quote

They'd sure want the #1 overall pick if they did that.
Reply/Quote
If there is a surprise cut, then I'd go with the popular name among other users. That would be Margus Hunt. The guy is still a project. Some of have justified his lackluster 2014 due to injury. We have seen very little from him with the exception of great play against players that usually wind up cut the next day.

This team is all about veteran leadership so that's why I don't see them letting Gilberry go. My guess is they'll put him back in his rotational role and let him ride out his deal. Besides, look how long this team hung onto Geathers even though he was contributing very little on the field.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Eric Winston
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 12:58 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I hope I am wrong, and I want to be wrong, but I fear Marvin Jones might be that guy. Not a lot of talk about him as he recovers from his injury. Maybe that's good and all is well, but I just really worry that the combination of a year off and the injuries may change the player he was.

They are not going to cut Marvin Jones.
Reply/Quote

Well at least your trolling is completely consistent.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 04:20 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Cant say there would be a whole lot of surprise in that one.

I would be VERY surprised if they cut him this year.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 05:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Eric Winston

I bet he plays one more season...he did really well for us in a pinch last season late off the couch.

How about this surprise:

Andre.

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 11:52 PM)B=======D Wrote: I bet he plays one more season...he did really well for us in a pinch last season late off the couch.

How about this surprise:

Andre.

I am going with Peko
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 04:53 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: They'd sure want the #1 overall pick if they did that.

........ Hmmmmmmmm
Not sure if your trying to troll me with that......

If you are, well that was a good one mate...
If your being serious, I just say okay.
You win....

Our quarterback who can't throw a ball more than five yards is a quarterback god who should be the highest paid player in the nfl. I actually heard in the wake of everything going on in New England the pats are offering Tom Brady's wife and TWO first round picks in the draft but mike brown said "sorry, not good enough for Andy dalton"
Reply/Quote
Hunt better show up.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 06:38 AM)CinciREborn Wrote: ........ Hmmmmmmmm
Not sure if your trying to troll me with that......

If you are, well that was a good one mate...
If your being serious, I just say okay.
You win....

Our quarterback who can't throw a ball more than five yards is a quarterback god who should be the highest paid player in the nfl. I actually heard in the wake of everything going on in New England the pats are offering Tom Brady's wife and TWO first round picks in the draft but mike brown said "sorry, not good enough for Andy dalton"

So are you a McCarron believer? Because, while Dalton is obviously not the best QB in the game, losing him would be a huge loss. It would probably put us in contention for a top 10 pick. McCarron was drafted in the 5th round for a reason. And we still haven't seen him play at all.

Dalton isn't clutch and he has obvious weaknesses, such as the deep ball and the occasional WTF throw. But you don't rack up nearly 15000 yards and 99 TDs in 4 years, with a 61.6% completion percentage by being awful.

I would rate Dalton as a solidly mid tier QB. Maybe 13th to 15th best in the NFL.

Players like him are hard to find, believe it or not. We got really lucky being able to draft him and he perform the way he has from the very beginning. How would you like to muddle around with an EJ Manual or a Jake Locker or a Blaine Gabbert for 3 years before starting over with another QB? That's what losing Dalton could bring along.

I know I'm sounding complacent right now, but your negativity towards Dalton is even more exaggerated than the average person around here.
Reply/Quote
Thumbs Up 
(05-18-2015, 02:09 AM)Bengals23 Wrote: I could see Hunt as well, but damn I would hate to see him catch on somewhere else and become a force.

You mean like Justin Smith! We've had a handful of those kinds of guys - all I can figure is it must be the coaching approach for those individuals.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 12:59 PM)BengalD Wrote: You mean like Justin Smith!  We've had a handful of those kinds of guys - all I can figure is it must be the coaching approach for those individuals.

Except Justin Smith was really good here and just under-appreciated by fans and misused by coaches.
SF used him better.

Hunt isn't very good at football. There's a difference.
Really not many similarities other than both are white and look like they could play Mongo in a Blazing Saddles remake
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 08:03 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: So are you a McCarron believer? Because, while Dalton is obviously not the best QB in the game, losing him would be a huge loss. It would probably put us in contention for a top 10 pick. McCarron was drafted in the 5th round for a reason. And we still haven't seen him play at all.

Dalton isn't clutch and he has obvious weaknesses, such as the deep ball and the occasional WTF throw. But you don't rack up nearly 15000 yards and 99 TDs in 4 years, with a 61.6% completion percentage by being awful.

I would rate Dalton as a solidly mid tier QB. Maybe 13th to 15th best in the NFL.

Players like him are hard to find, believe it or not. We got really lucky being able to draft him and he perform the way he has from the very beginning. How would you like to muddle around with an EJ Manual or a Jake Locker or a Blaine Gabbert for 3 years before starting over with another QB? That's what losing Dalton could bring along.

I know I'm sounding complacent right now, but your negativity towards Dalton is even more exaggerated than the average person around here.

I believe in Pryor
Via La Pryor La Feva
He is the one who will lead us to the next level
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 01:00 AM)B=======D Wrote: If and I say IF he comes back to form right before he left, that would be a bad move by the FO.

If he comes back to form, no chance they would cut him. I just don't like the lack of talk about his recovery and the issue of out for a few weeks, then suddenly shut down for the year.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 10:51 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: True Surprise - Leon Hall and before anyone flips out I'm a huge Hall fan and would love to see him have a couple good years left and finish here. But perhaps the injuries have taken to much of a toll ?

I agree with the Tate, Gilberry, and Hunt folks but not so sure they'd be much of a surprise. Tate and Gilberry in my mind need to be gone ! And if Hunt doesn't really crank it up in camp perhaps it's time to cut bait there as well ?

It would be a surprise in the sense that it doesnt make sense. I mean they don't need to free up cap space, and there certainly isn't anyone available that would be an upgrade. The only thing that might make sense is to try to trade him for a draft pick, which I am guessing 4th-5th round, if that even? Dont get me wrong, if they had cut him early in free agency, and then made moves due tothat, I would be perfectly fine with that. But at this point it wouldn't favor the Bengals at all for this upcoming season, unless they just want to save $$.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 08:03 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I know I'm sounding complacent right now, but your negativity towards Dalton is even more exaggerated than the average person around here.

He is just that more desperate for attention than the average person around here.
Reply/Quote