Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surprise first-rounders
NFL.com is running a story about four first-round surprises. And the first name is: Frank Ragnow. Refers to Frank as a stud whose appeal is enhanced by ability to play guard as well as center. The writer goes on to speculate a possible run on interior linemen in the first round, mentioning Wynn, Daniels, and even Price.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000927113/article/nfl-draft-four-prospects-who-could-be-surprise-firstrounders

Please Bengals, don't get greedy, don't overthink it, get your guy when you can.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 09:09 AM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: NFL.com is running a story about four first-round surprises.  And the first name is:  Frank Ragnow.  Refers to Frank as a stud whose appeal is enhanced by ability to play guard as well as center.  The writer goes on to speculate a possible run on interior linemen in the first round, mentioning Wynn, Daniels, and even Price.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000927113/article/nfl-draft-four-prospects-who-could-be-surprise-firstrounders

Please Bengals, don't get greedy, don't overthink it, get your guy when you can.

Not surprised. I think Ragnow was overlooked due to his late October ankle injury that kept him out beyond the Combine. Now that he's healthy, teams are becoming more interested and his stock is rising. Will three centers go in the first round? Probably not, but three could go in the Top 45 which means the Bengals might not be able to wait until 46 for their guy. I would take any of Ragnow, Daniels, or Price ahead of all the centers from last year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 09:09 AM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: NFL.com is running a story about four first-round surprises.  And the first name is:  Frank Ragnow.  Refers to Frank as a stud whose appeal is enhanced by ability to play guard as well as center.  The writer goes on to speculate a possible run on interior linemen in the first round, mentioning Wynn, Daniels, and even Price.

Could not agree more.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
there will be a run on offensive lineman for sure. There isn't depth in this class with offensive lineman and the top players really standout. which is why guys like hernandez and wynn will most likely be gone by 20. IMO bengals should pay and move up a couple spots to secure a guy in the 15-20 range as soon as wynn or hernandez gets drafted to take the next one.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The WR class is kind of unsettled imo. There are 1st round issues with a lot of them, yet some of them WILL end up 1st rounders. Keep an eye on DJ Chark. It just takes one team to like his speed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 01:22 PM)Okeana Wrote: there will be a run on offensive lineman for sure.  There isn't depth in this class with offensive lineman and the top players really standout.  which is why guys like hernandez and wynn will most likely be gone by 20.  IMO bengals should pay and move up a couple spots to secure a guy in the 15-20 range as soon as wynn or hernandez gets drafted to take the next one.

Depends on whether they are really in love with one guy.  Also whether they are more comfortable with Westermann/Redmond at guard, or with Johnson at center.  I don't have a strong preference among three centers and two guards, so I would rather see them trade back in the first and pick any one of them (unless, again, they have a strong preference for a position or a player).

If there is a run, I would expect it to start right around the Bengal's pick.

Also think that McGlinchey is the pick if he's there.
Reply/Quote