Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surprise-no violation

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nfl-finds-no-violations-over-joe-burrow-wrist-injury

of course Florio can't leave it alone...why isn't he ragging on the Steelers for playing 2 players last Thursday that suddenly had concussion symptoms AFTER the game. Like no one saw TJ Watt being kicked in the head and switching to a tinted visor during the game

Quote:There’s nothing to see here.

That’s the conclusion from the NFL regarding the question of whether the Bengals had concealed a wrist injury to quarterback Joe Burrow before he suffered a season-ending wrist injury during the Week 11 Thursday night game at Baltimore.

The NFL has announced that the Bengals did not violate the injury report.

“The NFL reviewed all medical records, studied practice video from the week preceding the [Bengals’] Week 10 game against Houston and the Week 11 game against Baltimore, interviewed relevant medical personnel and Joe Burrow himself before arriving at its conclusion,” NFL employee Tom Pelissero posted on X. “No violations.”

Despite this conclusion, there has been no clear explanation regarding Burrow wearing a sleeve that extended past his thumb while traveling to Maryland for the game against the Ravens. Making the situation specifically suspicious was the fact that the Bengals posted video of Burrow wearing the wrap, before deleting it.

The NFL’s investigation hardly counts as independent or neutral. If the league had found that the Bengals had hidden the injury, the league would have essentially engraved an invitation for a class-action lawsuit by those who made legal wagers based on the assumption Burrow was healthy — against the Bengals for hiding the injury, and against the NFL for negligent failure to develop and to enforce an effective injury report.

Thus, while many will crow that this counts as complete and total exoneration of the Bengals, unanswered questions remain. Those questions will only be answered if someone does indeed file a lawsuit and secures the ability to conduct the kind of investigation that would be precisely designed to find the needle in the haystack.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2023, 06:55 PM)pally Wrote:
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nfl-finds-no-violations-over-joe-burrow-wrist-injury

of course Florio can't leave it alone...why isn't he ragging on the Steelers for playing 2 players last Thursday that suddenly had concussion symptoms AFTER the game. Like no one saw TJ Watt being kicked in the head and switching to a tinted visor during the game

“No clear explanation”

Well he CLEARLY didn’t listen to Burrow’s presser.
Reply/Quote
**** Florio
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
So Florio who has no information has decided that the people who have all the information are wrong. And good luck with a lawsuit. The NFL doesn’t owe gamblers information. Don’t worry about the Bengals. It’s the Steelers knocking themselves out of the playoffs.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2023, 07:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: **** Florio

I concur. 

Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor is ridiculously squeaky clean and the Browns totally by the book. Florio is looking at the Bengals like some other coaches and clubs. He’s not being smart here
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I freaking hate websites that post an article but don't have the balls to open a comment section so people can retort.
Reply/Quote
I conducted an investigation of my own. Here's how it went: before the injury... QBR of over 100 and multiple balls thrown downfield, including an absolute seed to Boyd across the middle. After the injury... couldn't complete a single throwing motion on the sideline, with or without ball in hand.

Yes the injury happened during the game. Next
Reply/Quote

^This^

Florio is a giant turd. I never for a nano-second thought there was anything to see.
Reply/Quote

Sums it up nicely. 
Reply/Quote
What a clown, watch the game without your bengal hating glasses. Joe threw the ball fine before the hit, then immediately couldn’t throw it at all. No mystery or coverup here. He got hurt playing football. It happens. Screw this clickbait clown.
Reply/Quote
Seems like I remember someone calling all of this a nothing burger. Hmm

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 11:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I freaking hate websites that post an article but don't have the balls to open a comment section so people can retort.

Well it's Florio, so.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 12:29 PM)tms Wrote: I conducted an investigation of my own. Here's how it went: before the injury... QBR of over 100 and multiple balls thrown downfield, including an absolute seed to Boyd across the middle. After the injury... couldn't complete a single throwing motion on the sideline, with or without ball in hand.

Yes the injury happened during the game. Next

Very good deduction there Holmes!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote