Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surprised I didn't see this posted yet. Trumps remarks about a goldstar family.
Hope thhttp://www.cbsnews.com/videos/trumps-khizr-khan-remarks-cast-shadow-on-campaign/is link works.  I don't like Clinton but I really don't like Trump.
Edit: I really need to learn how to copy and paste better, sorry.  But you get the jist, it's been all over the news.
We've been discussing it in the DNC thread.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-03-2016, 12:14 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: We've been discussing it in the DNC thread.

My bad, disregard then.  Sorry, I just got up Yawn  and was scanning the threads. 
(08-03-2016, 12:27 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: My bad, disregard then.  Sorry, I just got up Yawn  and was scanning the threads. 

Given the board's history of a former member spamming multiple threads for related topics, it is kind of weird to see everyone else keep related topics in one thread.

(08-03-2016, 01:07 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Given the board's history of a former member spamming multiple threads for related topics, it is kind of weird to see everyone else keep related topics in one thread.

I know. Dino posts 3-4 threads about Trump everyday. I'm starting to think he has a secret man-crush on him.  Ninja
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(08-03-2016, 01:08 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I know. Dino posts 3-4 threads about Trump everyday. I'm starting to think he has a secret man-crush on him.  Ninja

He has given me a reason to  live.  Just to make fun of him and show what an idiot he is.   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-03-2016, 01:07 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Given the board's history of a former member spamming multiple threads for related topics, it is kind of weird to see everyone else keep related topics in one thread.

I've thought about how it might be a good idea to create "Stupid shit from Clinton" and a "Stupid shit from Trump" threads. This election cycle would be a gold mine.

This is what prompted that thought: http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/03/trump-asks-why-us-cant-use-nukes-msnbcs-joe-scarborough-reports.html

It showed up in r/all and I just couldn't believe it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-03-2016, 01:34 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I've thought about how it might be a good idea to create "Stupid shit from Clinton" and a "Stupid shit from Trump" threads. This election cycle would be a gold mine.

This is what prompted that thought: http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/03/trump-asks-why-us-cant-use-nukes-msnbcs-joe-scarborough-reports.html

I saw a headline about this this morning.   It's true?
Shocked
(08-03-2016, 01:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: I saw a headline about this this morning.   It's true?
Shocked

I don't know the validity of the claim. Trump's campaign will obviously deny it and it is certainly nothing more than hearsay.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-03-2016, 01:54 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't know the validity of the claim. Trump's campaign will obviously deny it and it is certainly nothing more than hearsay.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/trump-republicans-frustration-226625

It seems like everything he can do wrong, he does. It frustrations Republicans, whether they're for or against him, but does it register with voters?

(08-03-2016, 12:04 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Hope thhttp://www.cbsnews.com/videos/trumps-khizr-khan-remarks-cast-shadow-on-campaign/is link works.  I don't like Clinton but I really don't like Trump.
Edit: I really need to learn how to copy and paste better, sorry.  But you get the jist, it's been all over the news.

It's all good. There can never be too many Trump threads.

As to the OP: Trump should have taken the much higher road and allowed his supporters and allies to pick apart the Kahns.  I've seen numerous allegations that state that Kahn did this for his financial interest and some have even gone as far-fetched to support terror. I have to ask myself: What would their son have wanted. I hope they or Ms Smith didn't sell out their son's memory and legacy for personal gain.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-03-2016, 01:34 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: This is what prompted that thought: http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/03/trump-asks-why-us-cant-use-nukes-msnbcs-joe-scarborough-reports.html

Yes, don't worry about North Korea or Iran having nukes....but be scurred of Trump having nukes.
--------------------------------------------------------

(08-03-2016, 07:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's all good. There can never be too many Trump threads.

As to the OP: Trump should have taken the much higher road and allowed his supporters and allies to pick apart the Kahns.  I've seen numerous allegations that state that Kahn did this for his financial interest and some have even gone as far-fetched to support terror. I have to ask myself: What would their son have wanted. I hope they or Ms Smith didn't sell out their son's memory and legacy for personal gain.

Yeah, I'm guessing no one really cared what Khan had to say until Trump responded. Even now people only care about this Khan guy to the extent to which they can use it as ammo against Trump. The GOP had basically the same thing with the Benghazi mother giving a speech.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(08-03-2016, 07:50 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Yes, don't worry about North Korea or Iran having nukes....but be scurred of Trump having nukes.

Trump's not the only person ignorant about the deployment of Nuclear Weapons. From many of the talking-point I see most must think you get a Nuke App on your smartphone when elected president and can push it whenever you get mad and blow up who you're mad at. It has many of scared. 

(08-03-2016, 07:51 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Yeah, I'm guessing no one really cared what Khan had to say until Trump responded. Even now people only care about this Khan guy to the extent to which they can use it as ammo against Trump. The GOP had basically the same thing with the Benghazi mother giving a speech.

This is true, I think. If Trump had not commented it would have gone away and been nothing but a meme floating around Democrat circles.

(08-03-2016, 07:51 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Yeah, I'm guessing no one really cared what Khan had to say until Trump responded. Even now people only care about this Khan guy to the extent to which they can use it as ammo against Trump. The GOP had basically the same thing with the Benghazi mother giving a speech.

Why are these folks so stupid and spiteful? 

All Trump would have had to say is: "Although Mr Kahn did not accurately describe my stance on immigration; I have nothing but the utmost respectful for their son and his sacrifice and they have my deepest sympathies."

Then he could have gotten about a gazillion votes by quibbling: "The loan on the Constitution is not necessary. Like Hillary's bottle of hot sauce I keep a copy on me at all times". Then pulled out his.

But Trump said some stupid things and the side that trotted the Kahns out their in the first place feigned outrage. They care about as much for their son's sacrifice,  as they do the new Bourne movie. 

(08-03-2016, 07:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's all good. There can never be too many Trump threads.

(08-03-2016, 07:50 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Yes, don't worry about North Korea or Iran having nukes....but be scurred of Trump having nukes.

(08-03-2016, 07:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Trump's not the only person ignorant about the deployment of Nuclear Weapons. From many of the talking-point I see most must think you get a Nuke App on your smartphone when elected president and can push it whenever you get mad and blow up who you're mad at. It has many of scared. 

And meanwhile Trump lies and talks out his hiney-hole and the people who "aren't supporting" him keep defending him.

It's hilarious.
(08-03-2016, 08:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why are these folks so stupid and spiteful? 

All Trump would have had to say is: "Although Mr Kahn did not accurately describe my stance on immigration; I have nothing but the utmost respectful for their son and his sacrifice and they have my deepest sympathies."

Then he could have gotten about a gazillion votes by quibbling: "The loan on the Constitution is not necessary. Like Hillary's bottle of hot sauce I keep a copy on me at all times". Then pulled out his.

But Trump said some stupid things and the side that trotted the Kahns out their in the first place feigned outrage. They care about as much for their son's sacrifice,  as they do the new Bourne movie. 

Or as much as you care about that family and their sacrifice and how you took the high road by not repeating unproven allegations. 
(08-03-2016, 08:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: And meanwhile Trump lies and talks out his hiney-hole and the people who "aren't supporting" him keep defending him.

It's hilarious.

Kind of like how you're not supporting Hillary, but 99% of what you post on the subject is about Trump.  Difference is, none of us are actually voting for the candidate we aren't supporting.

He's a clown...doesn't mean we aren't going to call out the hypocrisy of a party using fear mongering to bash a guy for fear mongering.
--------------------------------------------------------

(08-04-2016, 12:29 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Kind of like how you're not supporting Hillary, but 99% of what you post on the subject is about Trump.  Difference is, none of us are actually voting for the candidate we aren't supporting.

He's a clown...doesn't mean we aren't going to call out the hypocrisy of a party using fear mongering to bash a guy for fear mongering.

If you were really as independent as you claim you would not be defending Trump 100% of the time and attacking Hillary 100% of the time.

Instead you would be treating them the same.